1877 Club

div

The club is  open for 3 hours before kick off, and an hour afterwards.

You really can't please some folk!

Nothing to do with "pleasing" but more to do with increasing profit and supporter engagement.

The place may well be open for 3 hours but it shouldn't take a genius to point out that the vast, vast majority of footfall will be over the last hour or less.

This is a positive step and I hope both a successful and profitable one!

I hope it is repeated for the Dundee Utd game on October 15 when I will be travelling north with a number of colleagues who I have convinced to give up their time and money to come and watch the buddies ( then have a night out in Glasgow after......)

1 hour ago, div said:

The club is  open for 3 hours before kick off, and an hour afterwards.

You really can't please some folk!

I assume your £3 entry fee gets you in after the game as well ?   Also, does the club do any kind of food and what game would likely be shown, the Manchester or the Irish one ?

6 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I assume your £3 entry fee gets you in after the game as well ?   Also, does the club do any kind of food and what game would likely be shown, the Manchester or the Irish one ?

They've got two screens and can show both.

1 hour ago, civilsaint said:

Nothing to do with "pleasing" but more to do with increasing profit and supporter engagement.

The place may well be open for 3 hours but it shouldn't take a genius to point out that the vast, vast majority of footfall will be over the last hour or less.

Maybe it does take a genius as everytime I've been in the club has been at it's busiest from about half one.

Drinks stop being served at 1445 and the place generally starts to empty from about 1430 as folk make their way to their seats.

On Saturday there are two high profile games on live TV from noon. I expect a few buds will want to watch the games and enjoy a couple of pre-match drinks.

The club only holds 300 and I'd hope to see it full.

You literally can't please everyone. That isn't up for debate, as it's a fact!

54 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Do they do coffee? 

Never mind. I won't be at the match on Saturday. I've chosen my fixture and it's not St Mirren v QoS. However if it had been I would have happily taken advantage of this to get a decent cup of coffee before the match. 

I think they might serve coffee from the food hatch in the bar but there is no pucker coffee machine.

From the Club today;

Free Guest Fees for Members Guests this Saturday

As a result of feedback that many members will be unable to attend this Saturdays match due to holidays , we plan to create an initiative to encourage more use of the club this weekend.

The biggest incentive is free entry for members guests which as always has to be pre booked to allow us to monitor our numbers.

In addition we will allow non members entry for a reduced fee of £3.

This is very much a try and see initiative with the aim of getting better numbers using the bar prior to 2 televised derbys in Glasgow and Manchester kicking off at 12-00pm and 12-30pm.

Our members are always our biggest priority so please feedback any issues.

The club will open early at 11-45 am because of the early kick offs.

Alan Wardrop
SMFC

Personally I think it is positive.

Does the £3 get you in before and after the game? Can a non member prebook or is it just your "Donald duck" on the day?

57 minutes ago, div said:

Maybe it does take a genius as everytime I've been in the club has been at it's busiest from about half one.

Drinks stop being served at 1445 and the place generally starts to empty from about 1430 as folk make their way to their seats.

On Saturday there are two high profile games on live TV from noon. I expect a few buds will want to watch the games and enjoy a couple of pre-match drinks.

The club only holds 300 and I'd hope to see it full.

You literally can't please everyone. That isn't up for debate, as it's a fact!

Fair enough on the timings, my point was more that for don't spend a significant time in the place to justify the fee.

My motive isn't about seeing it full this Saturday. My motive is about making it as engaging and sustainable and ultimately as profitable as possible every week. Booking spaces and charging entry isn't going to do that in the medium to long term. Even more baffling that the  £3 is reduced from the normal rate!!

Talking in a literal sense it is correct to say "you can't please everyone", but you can certainly please a lot more people than the current setup manages. 

Edited by civilsaint

They certainly know how to take a simple concept of running a licensed establishment and making it far more complicated than it ever needs to be. Mind you one could roll up for less than half the price of a member over the season now. Or even for free if they have to offer this for every game.

Edited by Lord Pityme

Personally I think it is positive.

Does the £3 get you in before and after the game? Can a non member prebook or is it just your "Donald duck" on the day?

Once you've paid your fee on the day you can get in before and after the match. Members can roll up anytime as can pre-booked member guests.

For non-members who aren't going along with a guest it's first come first served until it's full.

I think that's fair enough. Members are paying £10 a month after all, they should get some sort of benefit until that is scrapped!

Cheers about tvs and do you know about food?  Have no desire to eat inside the ground.

There is food available before the game but it is basically exactly the same as the food you get inside the ground, ie; pies, hot dogs etc..

Isn't the 1877 club inside the ground?

Yes it is but there is no direct access to the stadium itself from inside.

Well that's not strictly true, there is a fire exit out to the main stand and of course the corridor door leading across towards the hospitality suite but apart from wheelchair users using the latter for all intents and purposes it's self contained.

Is it possible to get one of the new tops that are being released tomorrow signed by the team before Saturday--do a raffle charging £2 a ticket for all those coming on saturday

If even half attending bought 1 ticket that's £300 that could be donated to the Youth Academy?..............don`t know if scratchcards get sold too so a raffle maybe over the top but just a thought

Only condition is that Shull couldn`t enter as he`d no want an Ayr Utd strip, even for his wee girl ! 

2 minutes ago, car-d bud said:

Is it possible to get one of the new tops that are being released tomorrow signed by the team before Saturday--do a raffle charging £2 a ticket for all those coming on saturday

If even half attending bought 1 ticket that's £300 that could be donated to the Youth Academy?..............don`t know if scratchcards get sold too so a raffle maybe over the top but just a thought

Only condition is that Shull couldn`t enter as he`d no want an Ayr Utd strip, even for his wee girl ! 

That's a very decent idea mate. They do sell scratch cards and match programmes in the 1877 club.

14 minutes ago, div said:

Yes it is but there is no direct access to the stadium itself from inside.

Well that's not strictly true, there is a fire exit out to the main stand and of course the corridor door leading across towards the hospitality suite but apart from wheelchair users using the latter for all intents and purposes it's self contained.

I was being unnecessarily pedantic Div.

41 minutes ago, div said:

Once you've paid your fee on the day you can get in before and after the match. Members can roll up anytime as can pre-booked member guests.

For non-members who aren't going along with a guest it's first come first served until it's full.

I think that's fair enough. Members are paying £10 a month after all, they should get some sort of benefit until that is scrapped!

Is that the exclusive on the 1877 club being scrapped then? Funny old way for the members to find out i guess.