1877 Club

div

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is that the exclusive on the 1877 club being scrapped then? Funny old way for the members to find out i guess.

Why is being sent a personal e-mail a funny way to find out information about the 1877 club?

That's the way everything about the club has been disseminated since day one.

most folks on here have been saying since the club opened that £6 is a crazy amount to be asking folk to fork out to pay money and help the club out by buying drink before and after games ,but as usual the fans council say no even though they don't ever bother to ask the guys and gals who are actually paying for it every month ,,,,,then they have a brainstorm ,   bring a friend for free  wonder how   maybe because its not working and nobody actually going ,but still asking supporters who don't know a guy who knows a guy to pay £3 while its still 75%empty fans council ,,,bod,,,manager,,,team,,, its all looking very similar   BLEAK

I'm just worried that someone might get in trouble with the licencing officer regarding a private club advertising an entry fee which I believe isn't allowed for the general public to walk into. I think I worded that correct [emoji848]

The hospitality lounge has had members of the public paying a £5 to get in on the day for midweek curry nights plenty of times in the past.

Don't see this as being any different?

It's all down to how its licensed. I've only read bits and pieces about the 1877 club and seen mentioned private member's club. If the facility is licensed as a private member's club then as far as I know this can't be advertised for the general public to walk up to and pay entry money to.

Not sure of the ins and outs mate but the bar itself is not a private members club, it's just a function suite in the stadium that happens to be hired out to The Fans Council on a matchday.

Every other day of the year it's available for hire.

The SQA are using it today I believe for a meeting. Street Stuff were using it yesterday.

I'm no licensing expert but I genuinely don't think it can really be any different from the other hospitality suite. If anything it should have looser terms as there is no view of the pitch from inside the 1877 lounge.

15 minutes ago, div said:

Not sure of the ins and outs mate but the bar itself is not a private members club, it's just a function suite in the stadium that happens to be hired out to The Fans Council on a matchday.

Every other day of the year it's available for hire.

The SQA are using it today I believe for a meeting. Street Stuff were using it yesterday.

I'm no licensing expert but I genuinely don't think it can really be any different from the other hospitality suite. If anything it should have looser terms as there is no view of the pitch from inside the 1877 lounge.

Can I get my Season Ticket seat changed to in there ? :D

Once you've paid your fee on the day you can get in before and after the match. Members can roll up anytime as can pre-booked member guests.

For non-members who aren't going along with a guest it's first come first served until it's full.

I think that's fair enough. Members are paying £10 a month after all, they should get some sort of benefit until that is scrapped!

Totally fair and I'd like to use it for a couple of reasons. 1 nosiness 2 to support the club. I just know it's a pain in the arse if I can't get in as the nearest boozer isn't close. I'll just need to be there at 11:45 am

I'd also prefer if they weren't showing the old scum game

Is there any reason why there are not windows overlooking the pitch and why can't you access the main stand seats from the doors inside the club?

I'm not sure if the lack of windows pitch side was a cost thing or a licensing thing.

I think problem with accessing the stand via the club would be validating tickets but again it may well be a condition of the license, not sure bud.

12 hours ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Is there any reason why there are not windows overlooking the pitch and why can't you access the main stand seats from the doors inside the club?

Its so you can enjoy your time in the Club without having to watch the game .....

14 hours ago, div said:

I'm not sure if the lack of windows pitch side was a cost thing or a licensing thing.

I think problem with accessing the stand via the club would be validating tickets but again it may well be a condition of the license, not sure bud.

The way we are playing it must be on humanitarian  grounds.

2 of us took the opportunity to come down to 1877 bar today, overall thoughts are Decor 10/10, Size 10/10, Kids Zone 8/10, only 2 criticism's are the TV furthest away from bar is a touch on the small side for guys (like me) sitting on Sofa's at the back and more seats if you want it used more when it's busy like it is today you need a few more chairs for me to rest my dodgy knees.

Unlike some didn't mind paying £3 to get it not got a problem doing that again.

I also took the opportunity to visit the 1877 Club today. Was well impressed with the decor - you knew you were in a St Mirren Club. I would like to see more of the excellent wall panels around the stadium (in far larger format). Well done to everyone who has helped create such a good facility. Hopefully more fans will get the chance to visit. Highlight of a poor afternoon.

PS Does anyone know how many attended today?

Enjoyed my 1st visit today. Good side to it was location since it is good to be so close to your seat when leaving a bar at my age  :cheers   For me to improve it would be bigger or more tv since myself and other who were standing at the bar were struggling to see what was happening on the telly. I was told there was a big screen that is pulled down for games but that is only when BT games are showing. Only other down sides to me were the table and chairs that I though were small and cheap and the measures of spirits being 25 instead of 35. Personally I prefer high round table to stand at like the ones in Gabriels but they were a lot of young buds and ladies there so maybe the seating suits them rather than me. The pictures on the walls were good, but maybe the wall that was bare behind 1 of the tv could be filed by pictures of the supporters and others who put their hand into their pockets to make this bar happen. All in all I enjoyed it but would I pay £120 a year the way it is ?  no I wouldn't  because of the tv and seating but as a one off £3 per game I would.

Was certainly a good bit busier yesterday which was great to see.

Still room for improvements for sure. Feedback I would suggest;

1) The big screen needs to be able to show Sky Sports or BT. Silly we couldn't use it yesterday. Must be a technical solution for that!

2) Really need a proper sound system in the place. Couldn't hear any noise from the footy which really detracts from the atmosphere. Simialrly it could be used for playing music outwith live games. I know this is on the list, and it's not going to be cheap, but important for me anyway!

3) Think the food service needs advertised more. A simple menu on all the tables wouldn't be a bad idea. Plenty folk don't even realise that food is available!

2 hours ago, div said:

Was certainly a good bit busier yesterday which was great to see.

Still room for improvements for sure. Feedback I would suggest;

1) The big screen needs to be able to show Sky Sports or BT. Silly we couldn't use it yesterday. Must be a technical solution for that!

2) Really need a proper sound system in the place. Couldn't hear any noise from the footy which really detracts from the atmosphere. Simialrly it could be used for playing music outwith live games. I know this is on the list, and it's not going to be cheap, but important for me anyway!

3) Think the food service needs advertised more. A simple menu on all the tables wouldn't be a bad idea. Plenty folk don't even realise that food is available!

I was told the big screen can only be used for BT games since they paid for it.