1877 Club

div

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Went to the pub, could hear and see big screens, plenty of sitting/standing options, food available and advertised, cost nowt to get in, £3 a pint. And there wasnt some overly complicated admission process, just turn up and walk in they are happy to serve you.

do you think it will catch on?

Everybody at 1877 Club were relieved and happy for you. :double

Great to see a couple of hundred buddies of all ages enjoying a few drinks pre-match on Saturday and ploughing some cash back into the football club.

Hope to see the entry system from Saturday retained for the next home game, fairly sure it will be as that's as busy as the club has been since the opening day.

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, renfrew said:

Enjoyed my 1st visit today. Good side to it was location since it is good to be so close to your seat when leaving a bar at my age  :cheers   For me to improve it would be bigger or more tv since myself and other who were standing at the bar were struggling to see what was happening on the telly. I was told there was a big screen that is pulled down for games but that is only when BT games are showing. Only other down sides to me were the table and chairs that I though were small and cheap and the measures of spirits being 25 instead of 35. Personally I prefer high round table to stand at like the ones in Gabriels but they were a lot of young buds and ladies there so maybe the seating suits them rather than me. The pictures on the walls were good, but maybe the wall that was bare behind 1 of the tv could be filed by pictures of the supporters and others who put their hand into their pockets to make this bar happen. All in all I enjoyed it but would I pay £120 a year the way it is ?  no I wouldn't  because of the tv and seating but as a one off £3 per game I would.

If I ever take any of my Irish friends to the club and they were expected to have 25ml. measures, there would be a real live Donnybrook.

5 hours ago, div said:

Great to see a couple of hundred buddies of all ages enjoying a few drinks pre-match on Saturday and ploughing some cash back into the football club.

Hope to see the entry system from Saturday retained for the next home game, fairly sure it will be as that's as busy as the club has been since the opening day.

Which is all good and well but it's not what was sold to the members. 

47 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I do know. But would take long to explain. Next time your in the club come and say hello and I will explain.

It can't be THAT long a story? There aren't really that many options;

• The projector was broken;
  • Staff could not work the projector;
  • Could not get signal / not got contract;
  • Screen not working; or
  • ???

It isn't the UN Security Council that they're running in that bit of the stadium, just an over sized living room.

Edited by civilsaint

18 minutes ago, civilsaint said:

• Screen not working; or
  • ???

It isn't the UN Security Council that they're running in that bit of the stadium, just an over sized living room.

Oh, DO grow up civilsaint.

it could easily be one or ALL of those reasons.

FAR too complicated to let the paying punters actually KNOW the reasons.

It's not as if we're in the 21st century.... 

• Screen not working; or
  • ???

It's just can't be bothered to explain it. If your so concerned email the club. Simples.

23 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

It's just can't be bothered to explain it. If your so concerned email the club. Simples.

Why bother getting involved in dialogue then? 

Not being funny but if you can't be bothered explaining then why bother correcting someone in the first place?

Why bother getting involved in dialogue then? 

Not being funny but if you can't be bothered explaining then why bother correcting someone in the first place?

He's clearly just demonstrating the Fans Council's aims to improve communication between the club and the supporters.