1877 Club

div

45 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I'm no longer member of the club. So have no interest in big screens or tvs. Club have all the info fans require.

I'm not having a go at you mate but why bother correcting someone then say you can't be bothered telling the real reason? 

You've taken some over the top stick on here mate but IMHO this type of thing just fuels the frustrations of fans. 

The fans council have done some wonderful things but there's still the masonic clique feel about it. You know the real reason why the big screen isn't used but it's a secret.....

At your next meeting could you ask for the minutes to be updated online? 

It's been pointed out on here by several forum users but seems to go ignored. Small things like this would help improve opinions of the council in my opinion (not that it's important). 

Edited by davidg

54 minutes ago, davidg said:

I'm not having a go at you mate but why bother correcting someone then say you can't be bothered telling the real reason? 

It smacks of "I know something you don't know, do-dah, do-dah" syndrome.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

You've taken some over the top stick on here mate but IMHO this type of thing just fuels the frustrations of fans. 

The fans council have done some wonderful things but there's still the masonic clique feel about it. You know the real reason why the big screen isn't used but it's a secret.....

At your next meeting could you ask for the minutes to be updated online? 

It's been pointed out on here by several forum users but seems to go ignored. Small things like this would help improve opinions of the council in my opinion (not that it's important). 

Cos I was bored mate. Thought you would been the last to bite mate [emoji476]

seems that the fans council gang has got one of their own promoted to the board and have now got more inside info,thats all these guys really want anyway ,the folks who pay a monthly fee to keep the club going are just being used ,I know as a fee payer I have been asked my opinion on nothing ,just expected to keep up the direct debit while so called fans with the best interests of the club do everything to stop it making money ,while they assume they speak for the fans ,,,well wake up before it goes tits up

Anytime I have been in the 1877 club the big screen has only been able to show BT Sports.

I guess there is a simple technical explanation for why that is the case but it seems to me that is why it wasn't in use on Saturday past, because neither of the games were on BT Sport.

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct but I've never seen anything but BT on the big screen.

These wee niggles will get sorted. The club has improved in small way every time I have been in from the previous time.

The marketing of St Mirren is so poor which why we have so little income for players compared to our rivals.I see this lack of any marketing awareness applies to the 1877 club as well!. I enjoyed my visit to the club but thought someone might have taken more than my name at the door so that they could contact me to see if I wanted to join the 1877 club, be put on a reserve list or obtain some feedback on the visit. All in all a good day until 3pm.

On 9/8/2016 at 8:10 AM, div said:

Not sure of the ins and outs mate but the bar itself is not a private members club, it's just a function suite in the stadium that happens to be hired out to The Fans Council on a matchday.

Every other day of the year it's available for hire.

The SQA are using it today I believe for a meeting. Street Stuff were using it yesterday.

I'm no licensing expert but I genuinely don't think it can really be any different from the other hospitality suite. If anything it should have looser terms as there is no view of the pitch from inside the 1877 lounge.

On match days the 1877 Club IS a private members club.  The FC decide who can and cant enter on match days and whether a charge should be levied. 

Sadly not according to email received from alan wardrobe this week in relation to the guys from the black-and-whitearmy who play every Monday and Wednesday asking about availability for 20 buddies to pop in before and after game. :-(

It may be reviewed between now and then so watch this space. :-)

1 hour ago, melmac said:

Its the Wed before a huge game in so many respects and which is also on tv and we don't know whether its open to paying punters or not. Really?

The members do.

It isn't I'm afraid.

However, you can get in for £3 as a guest of a  member.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

The members do.

It isn't I'm afraid.

However, you can get in for £3 as a guest of a  member.

I hope the 50 folk who turn up have a jolly old time looking at their names on the board. Why do we f**king bother? I'm not gonna say whats been said countless times before.

Guest TPAFKATS
I hope the 50 folk who turn up have a jolly old time looking at their names on the board. Why do we f**king bother? I'm not gonna say whats been said countless times before.

I can see you standing outside looking for someone to sign you in [emoji3]

On 21 September 2016 at 3:44 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Anyone know if the club will be open to the none members for the Falkirk game ? If so would come up early .

This is the Email sent out by the club

Falkirk Match Opening Times

This Saturday we play host to Falkirk with a late 5-15 pm kick off.

As a result we will be opening the supporters club from 2-30 pm until kick off and reopening after the match to 8pm.

We are continueing to try innovative changes to keep the club busy and give value to members and as a result of our previous promotion (Members guests free and non members £3) we have attracted new members where guests got a chance to experience the facilities for the first time.

The offer for our previous Queen of the South game proved very popular and we had the highest attendance at the club this season with 154 members and guests at the club.However, to ensure the bars profitability we will reintroduce a sign in charge, but at a reduced level of £3 for members guests reduced from the previous norm of £6.

Also, to protect the value of membership we will NOT allow non members to use the facility this weekend ,unless signed in by a member.

Our priority will always be to members but we will continue to make improvements to the club and try some innovative ways to maximise the profitability of the bar along with with providing value for membership.

Also, we plan to share more information about the club to ensure our communication with members helps provide a better understanding of the club and the bars profitability.For example the large drop down screen only has BT Sport whereas both smaller wall mounted TVs can provide both Sky and BT Sport.

We want everyone to feel part of OUR supporters club and we appreciate feedback to help us keep improving the facility so please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. Also, please use this e mail address to book in any guests for this Saturday's game.

There are big changes afoot with a new Manager to be appointed soon .Keep the faith and COYS !

We currently have 203 members and 20 places still available.

Alan Wardrop
SMFC