1877 Club

div

On 8/30/2016 at 10:35 AM, div said:

I'd like to think Gordon and the new board will be bringing innovative ideas to the club. That after all was the biggest criticism of the last board who were freely admitting they didn't have the energy to invest in new ideas.

Money as always will be the big issue but I'd hope that a successful businessman like Gordon would be willing to invest in solid opportunities in order to make a return.

The club ain't exactly a goldmine but there is definitley scope for it making more revenue than it does at the moment, I'm sure everyone would agree with that.

Everything is cut to the bone at the football club, with every available penny going into the squad, but personally I think some money needs to be spent on the infrastructure/facilities to try and develop sustainable long term increasses in revenue.

Definitely agree that the expertise to achieve probably isn't there so the club shouldn't be shy about getting help.

Div

Expertise is available, most probably on a voluntary basis.

Sources include the fans who collectively form a huge talent pool.

Just to be clear - this is not posted with myself in mind in any way.

Mobilising this resource in a community owned organisation is vital.

As examples:

Finance - There will be many, some retired, who have finance experience.

Client/Customer Management - There will be many who have that expertise.

IT / Ticketing - Again there will be many who have this expertise.

Licensing/Entertainment/Food  - Again as above.

And so on.

31 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Enjoyed Saturday in the club. Great to see Shuggie and Vanzie. 2 great guys and legends.

Hopefully they paid their 3 pounds to get into to such an exclusive Club? 

Or, are they members? 

Vast majority of St Mirren fans cannae get in. 

Holding a Match Ticket should absolutely guarantee you free  entry to the 1877 Club, subject to availability of space. 

For both home and away fans. 

This horrible and dreadful Club Clique should be obliterated from St Mirren Park. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Holding a Match Ticket should absolutely guarantee you free  entry to the 1877 Club, subject to availability of space. 

This horrible and dreadful Club Clique should be obliterated from St Mirren Park. 

I agree however without the members contributing the bar would never have been built. Had the club been built for the supporters and not by the supporters then it could have been open to all. As it is the members are still paying off the costs of the build. 

1 minute ago, Kendo said:

I agree however without the members contributing the bar would never have been built. Had the club been built for the supporters and not by the supporters then it could have been open to all. As it is the members are still paying off the costs of the build. 

Don't let that get in the way of another long running rant. :lol:

St Mirren Football Club can sack and employ Managers willy nilly.

Time for them to remove all members of the damned 1877 Club and take total control of it.

Of course, those who have contributed to the failed venture will be reimbursed. 

The 1877 Club must be open to all.

AND FREE ENTRY. 

Total farce so far. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

There is still an outstanding balance to be paid for the build of the supporters club. The only way to recoup this is to take entry fees. As far as im aware, most supporters clubs, at least ones i have been to at away grounds take an entry fee, which goes towards running costs etc.

I agree with you to a certain degree that in the future a different approach should be made to allow non-members access, though a lot of fans have dipped into their own pockets monthly as members to help fund the build and running so far and it would imo put a few noses out of joint if that was to be suddenly scrapped without no return. 

12 minutes ago, shull said:

St Mirren Football Club can sack and employ Managers willy nilly.

Time for them to remove all members of the damned 1877 Club and take total control of it.

Of course, those who have contributed to the failed venture will be reimbursed. 

The 1877 Club must be open to all.

AND FREE ENTRY. 

Total farce so far. 

why is it a total farce ? all I see is teething problems ,have u been in yet ?

Just now, smfcuk said:

Steer clear he claims he doesn't drink or take drugs although his posts suggest otherwise. He hasn't been in it and he's shit stirring.

11 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Steer clear he claims he doesn't drink or take drugs although his posts suggest otherwise. He hasn't been in it and he's shit stirring.

I know mate but if anybuddie listened to him we would b part time 5 pound to get into the free entry to the pub....fcuk knows what he thinks of hospitality

1 hour ago, smfcuk said:

Read the Thread and you will see why it is a total farce. 

I am not allowed in the disgrace of a Club even though I am going to the Match, paying for a Car Park space.

I ain't a member so I am barred at my own Stadium Clique Bar unless a member signs me in and then they have the audacity to charge me another entry fee just to buy an overpriced coffee. 

A TOTAL FARCE :lol:

1 hour ago, Kendo said:

Not shit stirring at all. I was at Stadium at 2pm on Saturday. 

I would have liked to have entered a free to all St Mirren Non Clique Club for a Diet Cola. 

They should welcome my money and everybody else's without any of their Bollox rules. 

I understand the issues with it needing paid off. My issue with it is the way there was no discussion about different options of funding it.

I would rather they'd looked into 600 or even 1200 members at reduced amounts. Not because of the money but to make sure more people could be involved. However it's been done to death.

54 minutes ago, smfcuk said:

I know mate but if anybuddie listened to him we would b part time 5 pound to get into the free entry to the pub....fcuk knows what he thinks of hospitality

Never been to Hospitality so can't really comment. It doesn't interest me.

Can't really understand why some fans need to get jaked just to attend a sporting occasion on a Saturday afternoon or even at lunchtime kick offs. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Not shit stirring at all. I was at Stadium at 2pm on Saturday. 

I would have liked to have entered a free to all St Mirren Non Clique Club for a Diet Cola. 

They should welcome my money and everybody else's without any of their Bollox rules. 

Why don't you join the club and help them pay off the outstanding build costs? You could then voice your opinion on the running of the club. 

I don't see SMISA or GLS dipping into their pockets to pay it off and neither they should.

"As a result the affected Season Ticket holders are being offered a £10 reduction on next season’s Season Ticket and will be invited to a special screening of the League Cup winning video at a future date to be confirmed.

"The venue will be the new SMFC 1877 supporters club which will open shortly. Players from the cup winning team will be in attendance."

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=53371

More than six months in the making - this is going to be some event!