1877 Club

div

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:33 PM, TsuMirren said:

In fairness to Alan it was a fairly snap decision. I know he's looking at other things, hopefully we'll see an announcement soon enough.

What's the bloody point in making a late minute snap decision on this, most people are probably making their meet up arrangements a day or days before, not hanging off and skulking about County Square to see if a tweet comes through that they might be able to get into the last minute club.

3 minutes ago, melmac said:

What's the bloody point in making a late minute snap decision on this, most people are probably making their meet up arrangements a day or days before, not hanging off and skulking about County Square to see if a tweet comes through that they might be able to get into the last minute club.

Is there anything you can't find to moan about? FFS. :byebye

I know Alan had a chat with a few people pre-match, hence his decision. Not perfect, but not exactly worthy of vitriol either, at least it was tried. It was for post-match anyway, so may have picked up some fans who checked twitter during the game.

8 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I know Alan had a chat with a few people pre-match, hence his decision. Not perfect, but not exactly worthy of vitriol either, at least it was tried. It was for post-match anyway, so may have picked up some fans who checked twitter during the game.

Perhaps a tannoy :bag announcement at h/t.

29 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Reading between the lines.........it was empty pre match.

8 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Vitriol, your having a laugh. The phrase "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" comes to mind.

A member told me a story about contemplating holding a party in the 1877 club, their would likely be a good turn out and plenty of alcohol would flow - likely a nice little earner for the club. However, I understand the club said they were looking for a few hundred quid to book, so no party booking.

18 minutes ago, melmac said:

Vitriol, your having a laugh. The phrase "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" comes to mind.

A member told me a story about contemplating holding a party in the 1877 club, their would likely be a good turn out and plenty of alcohol would flow - likely a nice little earner for the club. However, I understand the club said they were looking for a few hundred quid to book, so no party booking.

I heard a similar story where the club demanded a guarantee that a minimum of a certain amount of alcohol would be bought and consumed on the night. I don't know if that was the 1877 club or in the hospitality area. The same outcome though - no booking. You'd almost think that someone, or a group of people, weren't keen on increasing the amount of hospitality business the club does at the stadium for some bizarre reason. :rolleyes: 

6 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Is there any function suites/rooms/halls free of any charges?

I haven't tried to book a hall in Paisley for over 25 years, but booking out function room at the excellent Electric Bar in Motherwell was free of charge and the Cooper Suite at Fir Park is free for members to book out for functions. 

15 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

For someone that claims to have me on ignore you're not doing very well.

That's what happens when you tell that many lies, you forget what's real and what's not.

Now don't let the door hit you on the way out.......

Ignore Cockles.

let the door swing!

the door will do you little damage.

sadly.

Edited by antrin

40 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I can't think of any in Paisley that don't have a charge of some kind.

Care to share the name of any of the Paisley ones. emoji106.png

28 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

The Pitz or Powerleague

Please see above, and just for a start.

Enough for you, or do you want/need more?

1 minute ago, cockles1987 said:

Sorry windae cleaner there is a charge of sorts.

The Powerleague,

"What's more, you can hire our function rooms for free! All you need to do is meet the minimum bar spend."

C'mon Cocles.  Get a life.  Surely you have more important things to do than chase around the Internet looking up venues to see if they have ANY sort of charge.

The Snooker Club in Stock St, The Abbey Inn and The Cross Stobs.

Sorry windae cleaner there is a charge of sorts.

The Powerleague,

"What's more, you can hire our function rooms for free! All you need to do is meet the minimum bar spend."

I hired it a few years ago and it was free as long as a minimum number of people attended.