1877 Club

div

Guest TPAFKATS

A bit of a cheeky request, but does anyone have any capacity to sign in another Buddie tomorrow?

I appreciate this will come as a surprise to those who were stunned to read that I had one friend never mind two...

Guest TPAFKATS
A bit of a cheeky request, but does anyone have any capacity to sign in another Buddie tomorrow?

I appreciate this will come as a surprise to those who were stunned to read that I had one friend never mind two...

Looking to see if I can get 3 of us signed in to the 1877 club tomorrow; bringing a relative for his first game from England. Anyone help?!

Hey!!!

The 1877 club is still accepting memberships, you can sign up and find all the details at their new website at http://www.smfc1877club.com/

In other related news the 1877 bar is now open to ALL St.Mirren supporters, completely free of charge, AFTER every home game. So if you want to let the traffic go and check the final scores coming in, have a cup of soup, a pint, a soft drink or just have a nosey around the place, the offer is there to everyone of all ages.

42 minutes ago, div said:

The 1877 club is still accepting memberships, you can sign up and find all the details at their new website at http://www.smfc1877club.com/

In other related news the 1877 bar is now open to ALL St.Mirren supporters, completely free of charge, AFTER every home game. So if you want to let the traffic go and check the final scores coming in, have a cup of soup, a pint, a soft drink or just have a nosey around the place, the offer is there to everyone of all ages.

Good to know :cheers

Guest TPAFKATS

That's very community minded...

1 hour ago, div said:

Is that a long overdue chink of common (retail/hospitality) business sense?

feck me where do the genuises at the 1877 FC bar get their ideas? If they really wanted to make a go of it then perhaps for next season they will drop the membership/entry fee, make it first come first served, and add a exclusive ST deal where you get a guaranteed seat/table post/pre match and exclusive entry from the 1877 bar seats in the main stand at half time.

add to that offering a full meal (carvery etc) to buy in the bar and The licensing issues are covered.

An idea to far you say ??? Only if you are intent on not making money!

41 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is that a long overdue chink of common (retail/hospitality) business sense?

feck me where do the genuises at the 1877 FC bar get their ideas? If they really wanted to make a go of it then perhaps for next season they will drop the membership/entry fee, make it first come first served, and add a exclusive ST deal where you get a guaranteed seat/table post/pre match and exclusive entry from the 1877 bar seats in the main stand at half time.

add to that offering a full meal (carvery etc) to buy in the bar and The licensing issues are covered.

An idea to far you say ??? Only if you are intent on not making money!

How would you give guaranteed tables to 2000 season ticket holders in a bar with a capacity of 300?
There is physically no access to the stadium from within the bar other than to the new disabled platform.
You aren't allowed to sell alcohol at half time in Scottish Football Stadiums, even in the corporate hospitality area.
If you've seen the kitchen area in the 1877 bar you would know it ain't currently capable of hosting a carvery.

Ideas are great, but sometimes they need a dose of reality thrown in.

1 minute ago, div said:

How would you give guaranteed tables to 2000 season ticket holders in a bar with a capacity of 300?
There is physically no access to the stadium from within the bar other than to the new disabled platform.
You aren't allowed to sell alcohol at half time in Scottish Football Stadiums, even in the corporate hospitality area.
If you've seen the kitchen area in the 1877 bar you would know it ain't currently capable of hosting a carvery.

Ideas are great, but sometimes they need a dose of reality thrown in.

Missng my drift, you offer an exclusive 1877 club ST costs a bit more than a regular ST but guarantees you a seat at every game in the reserved area for 1877 members in the main stand, and a seat in the club with post, per and half time access. To serve hot food you just need tables and a warming lamp,

been to a simliar set up as I described at porkheid, packed out, ideas are great, sometimes you just need to know what you are talking about!

Shame the potential takings at the 1877 have been affected by poor business decision making, and the drive to have an elite facility. Now they are rowing backwards as fast as they can because As I, and many others pointed out, it is a failed system to limit access to membership paying clientele. Evidenced by now having to throw the doors open to all and sundry.