1877 Club

div

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

It must just be me but I thought this club was a big success and doing really well? 

As i understanding it, they have a decent membership, but they dont always turn up for every game, or come v late, leave at the final whistle, may be driving so not buying much drink compared to those who like the pub pre/post game. The likely demographic of most members possibly fits this, i.e. Disposable income, attends with children, likes to drive to game, not hanging around after.

that is why they have thrown the doors open to anyone after the game, not enough cash going over the bar.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As i understanding it, they have a decent membership, but they dont always turn up for every game, or come v late, leave at the final whistle, may be driving so not buying much drink compared to those who like the pub pre/post game. The likely demographic of most members possibly fits this, i.e. Disposable income, attends with children, likes to drive to game, not hanging around after.

that is why they have thrown the doors open to anyone after the game, not enough cash going over the bar.

It's always been very quiet after games that's for sure. Before the game has varied depending on who we are playing.

There was 138 there on Hogmanay and 68 guests (I'm not entirely sure if thats 138 members plus 68 or 70 members plus 68).

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Missng my drift, you offer an exclusive 1877 club ST costs a bit more than a regular ST but guarantees you a seat at every game in the reserved area for 1877 members in the main stand, and a seat in the club with post, per and half time access. To serve hot food you just need tables and a warming lamp,

been to a simliar set up as I described at porkheid, packed out, ideas are great, sometimes you just need to know what you are talking about!

Shame the potential takings at the 1877 have been affected by poor business decision making, and the drive to have an elite facility. Now they are rowing backwards as fast as they can because As I, and many others pointed out, it is a failed system to limit access to membership paying clientele. Evidenced by now having to throw the doors open to all and sundry.

Isn't offering an "exclusive" season ticket, at an enhanced cost, including access, simply replicating a membership system that is currently in place that you absolutely hate?

11 minutes ago, div said:

It's always been very quiet after games that's for sure. Before the game has varied depending on who we are playing.

There was 138 there on Hogmanay and 68 guests (I'm not entirely sure if thats 138 members plus 68 or 70 members plus 68).

It was also very busy from the start. Our group had a kitty and spent £100 not to mention the guests signed in between us we had 7 guests, bringing in another £21. Not bad for 3 hours business.

That excludes the 200 plus members paying £10 a month giving another 2k guaranteed income each month.

Not bad for a cub that some think is failing. If our football team was half as successful as this club we would reach the playoffs.

Edited by Kendo

2 minutes ago, Kendo said:

It was also very busy from the start. Our group had a kitty and spent £100 not to mention the guests signed in between us we had 7 guests, bringing in another £21. Not bad for 3 hours business.

That excludes the 200 plus members paying £10 a month giving another 2k guaranteed income each month.

Not bad for a cub that some think is failing. If our football team was half as successful as this club we would reach the playoffs.

Yes mate, the £2k in guaranteed monthly revenue is often overlooked when the critics are slating the venture.

I don't think it's perfect but it's certainly not a failure, far from it!

To think back to when folk used to bemoan the failure to utilise 'the void' in the Main Stand, yet now we hear gripes continue despite having an excellent facility in the space (albeit, there is a way to go in terms of refining its accessibility and usage).

As always, there are folks who just seem to want a bitch for bitchings sake.  I applaud the enterprising folks who put forward their time and money to get the club up and running. I think it is a fantastic initiative, and has been carried off with some aplomb. As such, I'll happily wait until such time as it is available to me without requiring a sign in, etc. In the meantime, it'll be a coffee and frozen nuts from the Buddie Good Food Van:)

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

To think back to when folk used to bemoan the failure to utilise 'the void' in the Main Stand, yet now we hear gripes continue despite having an excellent facility in the space (albeit, there is a way to go in terms of refining its accessibility and usage).

As always, there are folks who just seem to want a bitch for bitchings sake.  I applaud the enterprising folks who put forward their time and money to get the club up and running. I think it is a fantastic initiative, and has been carried off with some aplomb. As such, I'll happily wait until such time as it is available to me without requiring a sign in, etc. In the meantime, it'll be a coffee and frozen nuts from the Buddie Good Food Van:)

Couldn't agree more, however I predict that when accessibility is refined it won't be applauded it will spark another round of moaning.

Edited by Kendo

People always find things to moan about, particularly in our support. Always look for the positives in everything. people, life is much better that way!

The club is a very positive thing for our club, it should be encouraged and supported by everyone in any way they can. It's in its' infancy so everything relating to it is a learning curve for the people involved.

1 hour ago, div said:

Isn't offering an "exclusive" season ticket, at an enhanced cost, including access, simply replicating a membership system that is currently in place that you absolutely hate?

1 hour ago, div said:

No!

because the bar can be opened up first come, first served for anyone else, but you dont get in at half time, dont have a guaranteed seat and table with your chums. So say you get 50 people signing up for a 1877 club ST/bar deal at say £50 on top of the main stand ST price thats £2500 towards staffing costs each season, if you can push that up to 100 premium ST deals, £5k goes towards running costs.

research on this type of deal shows people who buy the premium package are more likely to turn up each game, or indeed let someone else use it in their abscence. So you get damn near 100 in for each game, plus the first come first served people.

alternatively like Dunfermline and a few others you can go no fee, no frills and go for pure first come, first served. Can be an issue if the fare on the parkmisnt up to much though as their is no hard core with a commitment.

1 hour ago, div said:

Yes mate, the £2k in guaranteed monthly revenue is often overlooked when the critics are slating the venture.

I don't think it's perfect but it's certainly not a failure, far from it!

If i was paying the monthly fees, next season i would stop and just go for free after a game, or if i fancied it pay the one off door fee. With everyone and his wife being let in for nowt the membership represents poor value and is bound to suffer as a result.

why should I pay £10 or whatever it is a month, whilst anyone else can walk in free, or at a reduced rate?

1 hour ago, Drew said:

The folks who put their money in is everyone who buys a ticket, pie, jersey etc. Their money got it built. When you say "refining its accessibility and usage" do you mean they have realised their model doesnt work, so now you can indeed get in for free?

Edited by Lord Pityme

4 hours ago, Drew said:

...and it's my turn to get the coffees in... supposed to be a thaw tomorrow so frozen nuts hopefully not on the agenda. We can stand at the van and gaze longingly towards the 1877 club, like two scruffy waifs from a Dickens novel. :P

No!

because the bar can be opened up first come, first served for anyone else, but you dont get in at half time, dont have a guaranteed seat and table with your chums. So say you get 50 people signing up for a 1877 club ST/bar deal at say £50 on top of the main stand ST price thats £2500 towards staffing costs each season, if you can push that up to 100 premium ST deals, £5k goes towards running costs.

research on this type of deal shows people who buy the premium package are more likely to turn up each game, or indeed let someone else use it in their abscence. So you get damn near 100 in for each game, plus the first come first served people.

alternatively like Dunfermline and a few others you can go no fee, no frills and go for pure first come, first served. Can be an issue if the fare on the parkmisnt up to much though as their is no hard core with a commitment.

I'm not convinced of the logic that says someone paying £50 a season is much more likely to turn up than the people at the moment who are paying £10 a month.

Either way, it's still a member/non-member model which is exactly what we have right now and it's contributing £24K per annum towards running costs.

Just now, div said:

I'm. It really convinced of the logic that says someone paying £50 a season is much more likely to turn up than the people at the moment who are paying £10 a month.

Either way, it's still a member/non-member model which is exactly what we have right now and it's contributing £24K per annum towards running costs.

So as someone asked above, if its all gravy, why can non members get in for free whilst the others shell out £24k to get in?

So as someone asked above, if its all gravy, why can non members get in for free whilst the others shell out £24k to get in?

It's only free after the game. Members can get in before the game when demand is proven to be much higher.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Right ok you have convinced me... i will sign up to one of the new membership things, but can I have the free one please, and let the others continue to fund it for me?

Great to have you on board!

You don't need to sign up. Anyone is entitled to use the bar after the game, which is something fans like yourself have been asking for.

See you in there.

1 minute ago, div said:

Great to have you on board!

You don't need to sign up. Anyone is entitled to use the bar after the game, which is something fans like yourself have been asking for.

See you in there.

Although you have now bestowed the free membership package on me, i dont think i can make it after the game? Ah well.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Although you have now bestowed the free membership package on me, i dont think i can make it after the game? Ah well.

Oh right you are. I thought you wanted in for free. Now you're being offered it you don't want it.

It's almost as if you just want to argue about something and be negative purely for the hell of it.

Anyway, entirely up to you!

Just now, div said:

Oh right you are. I thought you wanted in for free. Now you're being offered it you don't want it.

It's almost as if you just want to argue about something and be negative purely for the hell of it.

Anyway, entirely up to you!

Haha., like that. I dont want in for free, and i think you know that. I want to see the hefty wedge of club money invested in this bar see a real and meaningful return, as well as being accessible to all the saints support who help fund it. That, i believe is what the majority want.

if you seek to exclude by disposable income, can you call it a 'Fans Bar'? We aint Man U..!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Haha., like that. I dont want in for free, and i think you know that. I want to see the hefty wedge of club money invested in this bar see a real and meaningful return, as well as being accessible to all the saints support who help fund it. That, i believe is what the majority want.

if you seek to exclude by disposable income, can you call it a 'Fans Bar'? We aint Man U..!

Yeah I think we've had this argument a few hundred times. I've no wish to waste my time doing it again.

Let's agree to disagree as usual and move on.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

if you don't want in for free when are you starting to pay your £10 per month..................

You pay to get into Manchester Utd supporters club.