1877 Club

div

9 hours ago, Vambo57 said:

Great Post!

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I don't get the point of posts like this. They should put a stop to it. Better that than a comma.

Obviously my post has caused you guys some consternation. I hope you have not been up all night thinking about it. To lay your mind to rest let me explain (all others should look away now).

Originally I asked if any kind soul who was a member of the Club could please sign me in to-day. However shortly afterwards my plans changed and I was unable to delete the post but did not want to put people out by replying to my now, now longer, request. Consequently I deleted the wording and as a post must contain some text I accidentally inserted a comma instead of a full stop as I was not wearing my glasses at the time. Please accept my apologies to any distress this may have caused.

You can now concentrate on today's game :)

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Obviously my post has caused you guys some consternation. I hope you have not been up all night thinking about it. To lay your mind to rest let me explain (all others should look away now).

Originally I asked if any kind soul who was a member of the Club could please sign me in to-day. However shortly afterwards my plans changed and I was unable to delete the post but did not want to put people out by replying to my now, now longer, request. Consequently I deleted the wording and as a post must contain some text I accidentally inserted a comma instead of a full stop as I was not wearing my glasses at the time. Please accept my apologies to any distress this may have caused.

You can now concentrate on today's game :)

No distress. Just don't do it again! And it was a nice distraction from the worries of the perilous situation our club finds itself in so, Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

1:45 opening time on Sunday, usual rules for guests.

Oh well 1877's loss will be town centre hostelries gain.  Even East Fife's facility was free entry to all and that was on their busiest day for a couple of years

Pity any poor soul travelling up from Oswestry and hoping to nip in to the stadium bar for a pint !!!

Oh well 1877's loss will be town centre hostelries gain.  Even East Fife's facility was free entry to all and that was on their busiest day for a couple of years
Pity any poor soul travelling up from Oswestry and hoping to nip in to the stadium bar for a pint !!!

I know there was talk of getting the TNS fans in, so maybe there's something like the Spartans game arranged for them. I was only giving the time from the email.

15 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

I know there was talk of getting the TNS fans in, so maybe there's something like the Spartans game arranged for them. I was only giving the time from the email.

So if I were to kid on I was Welsh/English I would get in early :rolleyes:   Ah well more money for the court bar instead of the club :(

On 12/02/2017 at 8:18 PM, renfrew said:

With the game on Sunday not due to finish till around 6 at the earliest I wouldn't expect it to be open for non members after the game. Hopefully it will be open to all prior to the game.

The 1877 bar is free and open to non-members after every game.

42 minutes ago, renfrew said:

So if I were to kid on I was Welsh/English I would get in early :rolleyes:   Ah well more money for the court bar instead of the club :(

I can't offer to sign you in as I've already used up all my guests for this one but sure another member would be happy to do so if you wanted to go along mate.

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

The English TV game kicks off at 1:30pm.Surely it would make sense to open for kick off.

Don't see any English games at 1:30pm squire?

Fulham v Spurs kicks off at 2:00pm?

Killie v Aberdeen is live on SKY at 1pm right enough.

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

Exactly utterly bizarre. There will be a piss poor crowd and the game is kicking off at a nonsense time so I'm sure there would not have been an issue pre match for a game like this. A chance to show off the facilities to non members like myself that may have encouraged us to return but alas no. Having to get a complete stranger to sign you in (and presumably you still pay for this honour) for any game is bollocks but for a game like this it's madness.

The 1877 bar is free and open to non-members after every game.

Aware of that div but this game will finish later than a sat game so I don't many fans would be interested going to the bar after 6 or maybe 7 on a Sunday night if the game goes to extra time and pens. It was quiet after the Falkirk game which would have had a bigger gate than will be expected on Sunday.

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

Aware of that div but this game will finish later than a sat game so I don't many fans would be interested going to the bar after 6 or maybe 7 on a Sunday night if the game goes to extra time and pens. It was quiet after the Falkirk game which would have had a bigger gate than will be expected on Sunday.

Yeah fair comment bud.