1877 Club

div

So wasn't on here for a long while and didn't bother reading much about the club as not something that interested me due to cost and having my own fitba pub. Noo however  I have my wee nephew coming to games with me - cannae go to Langs as no food licence, don't want to have to go somewhere for something to eat every home game! So me and the wee man have joined up - I'm actually annoyed with myself tho cos I think £75 for the 2 of us to join then £15 a month is too much BUT I am a top aunty and giving it a go for the season - it's all about the wee man. He has went to games for a few years but never really got into it, the great escape has changed that, so I thought the club would be a good place for him before the games and after hopefully getting to meet the players, feel more involved etc.

The signing in of guests at £3 IMO is too much too, I get that for some folk they will think well I'm paying why shouldn't my guests...me I think I'd like to be able to say to my pals 'mon for a pint' cos nae harm but I'll no be paying their £3 - so to ask someone to come for a pint but it will cost ye £3 to get in??? Personally I think members should be allowed to sign 2 folk in for free. Just my tuppence worth, don't think there should be a joining fee at this point either, BUT I've done it for the wee man so he better bloody like it and stick with the fitba also!  Though was a bit devastated when Div told me it was fosters...c.mon tae fook and £3.50 a pint - had this mad idea it would be like a members club and decent prices. Done noo, sure it be fine....wee man better get me a decent xmas pressie! :D

I am NOT moaning before I've even set foot in it - I am merely giving my opinion on the club and its costs etc. I am sure tomoro night, pint in hand, I shall be thinking well this is nice isn't it B)

So wasn't on here for a long while and didn't bother reading much about the club as not something that interested me due to cost and having my own fitba pub. Noo however  I have my wee nephew coming to games with me - cannae go to Langs as no food licence, don't want to have to go somewhere for something to eat every home game! So me and the wee man have joined up - I'm actually annoyed with myself tho cos I think £75 for the 2 of us to join then £15 a month is too much BUT I am a top aunty and giving it a go for the season - it's all about the wee man. He has went to games for a few years but never really got into it, the great escape has changed that, so I thought the club would be a good place for him before the games and after hopefully getting to meet the players, feel more involved etc.
The signing in of guests at £3 IMO is too much too, I get that for some folk they will think well I'm paying why shouldn't my guests...me I think I'd like to be able to say to my pals 'mon for a pint' cos nae harm but I'll no be paying their £3 - so to ask someone to come for a pint but it will cost ye £3 to get in??? Personally I think members should be allowed to sign 2 folk in for free. Just my tuppence worth, don't think there should be a joining fee at this point either, BUT I've done it for the wee man so he better bloody like it and stick with the fitba also!  Though was a bit devastated when Div told me it was fosters...c.mon tae fook and £3.50 a pint - had this mad idea it would be like a members club and decent prices. Done noo, sure it be fine....wee man better get me a decent xmas pressie! [emoji3]
I am NOT moaning before I've even set foot in it - I am merely giving my opinion on the club and its costs etc. I am sure tomoro night, pint in hand, I shall be thinking well this is nice isn't it B)

That's a cracking first post Sharon. [emoji23] I probably shouldn't mention that there's no food tomorrow night.

7 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Cheers emoji106.png No damage done then, aside from maybe some people missing the light hearted mood of my post.

Not at all. Only to myself - honestly never since joining up I've beat myself up about it !I've noo paid &20 (plus the joining fee) and I'm like £20 and I've no even been in it yet! See if we go and my nephew Is like I don't like it!!!As for the food aye I'm sure we will use that facility, especially the wee man, I just don't want to Ben going for lunch every week. Anyhoo surely your first pint should be free ffs 

So forgot to actual press submit to the above earlier - and  noo my nephew has bailed on me - so I'm oot the backdoor drinking ma ain beer - get it up ye's 

7 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

Cheers emoji106.png No damage done then, aside from maybe some people missing the light hearted mood of my post.

Whilst I agree with thon Quinn lassie's post above, every word of it in fact I feel moved to make a point or seven about the 1877 club.

1)  We now have a facility where once we had hee haw

2)  Paying a joining fee and then a subscription.....well naw, it's either a private members club or not.  If it were up to me I would verge toward the "not" but it would appear to me that the club is trying to enjoy the best of both worlds whilst the common fan is milked again! Tug, tug milk!

3)  £3.50 for watery Fosters beer in a club one pays a subscription?  Catch a grip of yourselves (yes thon Quinn lassie made the same point, I wanted to re-iterate it)

So I have engaged what is left of my well worn brain matter to come up with a solution....build another lounge!!!!

Have one lounge open to all and sundry, away fans as well (except old firm fans of course).   In it we have expensive urine beer (like it is just now), cheap television that you cannot hear (like it is just now) and you can sell soup and pannini's (like they do just now). Everyone is happy(ish) and parents can take the weans in.  I would also put sawdust on the floor.

Now the second lounge

Is by a certain type of subscription, I will reveal this at the end.  The second lounge will serve cold Tenants lager for £2.80 or some Italian pishwater for £3.50 for the dafies.  The seating is abundant, made of leather and situated on a carpet with an impressive shag pile (no sawdust in here).  The televisions are massive, have that surround sound thing that helps you to hear it.  A lounge member can sign in ONE person only.  If that lounge member wants a second person In then they have to be nice to fellow lounge members (to borrow a sign in) or encourage the non lounge member to take up the special subscription.  Each lounge member will produce a membership card on entry to prove they are entitled to enter the Jock Bradford lounge (I just named it).  Food will consist of pies and crisps for the weans (incidentally the lounge will have an offshoot room for younger subscription holders called "good Buddies" with Atari machines and the such like, you know pac man and that).  Subscriptions are not applied for but given when one (man, woman or child) holds a valid season ticket!  Yes let us treat the season ticket holders like the Gods they are amongst us, let us shower them with love and encourage as many as possible to take up thy hallowed membership with the smart card! Your season ticket is your subscription. 

Pint of Italian pishwater anyone?  Hoy sawdust feet, I am better than you!  Oh the banter, the banter indeed.

Been a member since the start and only used it once due to getting to very few games based on my location in far far awaysville and got to say based on that visit with 3 guests it was well worth the money. 3 guests were a Liverpool ST holder, Everton ST holder and a Leeds fan but we can forget him :), they were very impressed with the facility for fans and the show around we got from Alan, most impressive for them was the disabled supporters platform and the community within the bar.

So while some complain about things remember that these 3 guys who support massive clubs were left impressed at the level of contact and facilities that we little club guys get compared to their big bucks money machines.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Joined the club this week normally go to the game myself on Saturday my brother-in-law and daughters boy friend are joining me for the game. Can I sign them both into the club ?

Yes but you'll need to email their names to [email protected] before the end of the week to have them added to the guest list mate B)

Take it there's no Pay on the door or anything? Bringing a few non-buddie mates to the Falkirk game, wanted them to get the full St Mirren Park experience.

Need to get a member to add you and your mates to the guest list mate. I would offer but I've used mine up for this weeks game.

5 minutes ago, div said:

Need to get a member to add you and your mates to the guest list mate. I would offer but I've used mine up for this weeks game.

Talking of clubs, Div, and since you dingied my PM etc, any idea why I'm getting ads coming up while my sub to the Torfason Club is still live. I've had to resort to an ad-blocker (though I've left the dd in place).

Cheers (and apologies for off-topic post, folks:ph34r:).

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Talking of clubs, Div, and since you dingied my PM etc, any idea why I'm getting ads coming up while my sub to the Torfason Club is still live. I've had to resort to an ad-blocker (though I've left the dd in place).

Cheers (and apologies for off-topic post, folks:ph34r:).

Hi mate, sorry I very rarely read my PMs. Your account isn't showing active membership to the Torfason Club which is why you are seeing ads.

I will PM you and we will sort out what's gone wrong.

As if anyone needs more reason to go to the club, I'll be available on Saturday for any SMISA members to grab a chat. Even if you just have some ideas jotted down/typed up I'll take them and share everything with the other commitee members. If you're not a SMISA member and you want to know more on what we do then feel free to ask. Easy to find me, I'm the only over 18 who'll be drinking juice.

16 hours ago, TsuMirren said:

As if anyone needs more reason to go to the club, I'll be available on Saturday for any SMISA members to grab a chat. Even if you just have some ideas jotted down/typed up I'll take them and share everything with the other commitee members. If you're not a SMISA member and you want to know more on what we do then feel free to ask. Easy to find me, I'm the only over 18 who'll be drinking juice.

You could also tell folk where you will be sitting as you're always the first one there, you helmet.

2 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

Does the club let non members in after the game?

I know this has been done for some games in the past and wasn't sure if it was for every game or not.

Think they only did it at the end of last season to boost the numbers. Maybe some bud who is a member can ask if it is likely to happen this season.