1877 Club

div

On 8/29/2018 at 6:32 PM, portmahomack saint said:

My brother joined the 1877 in the first year just to help them get it up and running, he`s never set foot in the place, 

And i looked at joining too, but thought the format of membership was not worth the money. I actually thought it would have changed by now as membership would have dropped off. that probably didn't happen on the back of last years success.

I`d join 2moro if they made it something like a one off yearly fee of £25 on top of your season ticket if you choose to join the club,  then a first come first served basis able to sign in 2 guests max,  it would fill out the 1877 at every home game. and bring more folk to the game who`d otherwise not be there,  everyone happy,  get there early and spend your cash

Said already thatI pay two subs for the 1877 Club (my choice).  Already posted suggestions to improve the attractiveness of the offering.  Maybe some can be taken on board firnext season,  if not for this one.  Summarised.  Sign in 1 non member persons game free of charge, discounted parking ticket., entrance toan1877 club section of the stand for season ticket holders and guests. Improved meal choices. Half time pie and tea.  

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Said already thatI pay two subs for the 1877 Club (my choice).  Already posted suggestions to improve the attractiveness of the offering.  Maybe some can be taken on board firnext season,  if not for this one.  Summarised.  Sign in 1 non member persons game free of charge, discounted parking ticket., entrance toan1877 club section of the stand for season ticket holders and guests. Improved meal choices. Half time pie and tea.  

1. Two getting in for the price of one will not sit well with those who pay one for one

2. It is not the 1877 club stadium where members can just oust season ticket holders from their seats just because they didn't join the 1877 club

3. It is not a restaurant it's just a bar and you can already buy a pie and a tea at half time, or do you want to have them free of charge?

4. You are being very selfish and elitist and should accept you pay to get into a bar in the ground, (which i very much doubt is paying for itself anyway)  and you should not expect or get any preferential treatment other than the right to pay membership for something you can get (without annual subs) at any other bar in town.

5. Are you Donald Trump

Edited by buddiecat
editing

21 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

1. Two getting in for the price of one will not sit well with those who pay one for one

2. It is not the 1877 club stadium where members can just oust season ticket holders from their seats just because they didn't join the 1877 club

3. It is not a restaurant it's just a bar and you can already buy a pie and a tea at half time, or do you want to have them free of charge?

4. You are being very selfish and elitist and should accept you pay to get into a bar in the ground, (which i very much doubt is paying for itself anyway)  and you should not expect or get any preferential treatment other than the right to pay membership for something you can get (without annual subs) at any other bar in town.

5. Are you Donald Trump

Don't know why folk put up with that 1877 Club , Maimies Lounge have and extensive selection of drinks at reasonable prices (5p carrier bags optional):guinness

3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Don't know why folk put up with that 1877 Club , Maimies Lounge have and extensive selection of drinks at reasonable prices (5p carrier bags optional):guinness

Ah but Maimies don't serve a pie and tea to your hijacked seat at half time, (delivered by semi naked waiters or waitresses) and anyone can buy their bucky there so there's nobody to look down your nose at - no fun in that.

3 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Ah but Maimies don't serve a pie and tea to your hijacked seat at half time, (delivered by semi naked waiters or waitresses) and anyone can buy their bucky there so there's nobody to look down your nose at - no fun in that.

But you can be sure to be asked if you've any change , and you don't throw it into a bucket.

7 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

But you can be sure to be asked if you've any change , and you don't throw it into a bucket.

Your not selling this to me very well, I want a red carpet from the shop door leading round to a roped off area of padded fake lawn at the rear whereby i can fall flat on my face after necking a bottle of expensive deluxe bucky and not bruise my face or my inflated ego. And i don't mind if you have to displace a few plebs who would normally occupy that area to accomodate my fat arse.

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Your not selling this to me very well, I want a red carpet from the shop door leading round to a roped off area of padded fake lawn at the rear whereby i can fall flat on my face after necking a bottle of expensive deluxe bucky and not bruise my face or my inflated ego. And i don't mind if you have to displace a few plebs who would normally occupy that area to accomodate my fat arse.

They would make sure you were comfy.

10 hours ago, buddiecat said:

5. Are you Donald Trump

1. I pay for two memberships. That's my choice

2. I'm talking about how it can develop further. 

3 Elitist.. Nonsense. 

53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

3 Elitist.. Nonsense. 

Don't get this elitist nonsense it does not exist.  It's a great club just needs tinkering around the edges.  When gloomy winter sets in the club will be a blessing. 

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Sorry but ye are going too far. Having a certain setting area and half time tea and pie? That's hospitality and you aren't going to get that for a tenner a month. You've said you sit in West Stand but would move to Main. I'll never move from west - so how would that work then? Does it become just a club for Main stand punters? Nah. It's a pub, pub snacks, half time sorry would never expect something at half time.  The way you describe what you are looking for and that you think the bar prices are fine it seem a you are looking for something far different from what it will ever be. I'm just looking for it to be a pre and post game pub but I pay a membership so that allows me to sign in a cpl of pals a team NO cost and the bar to be a wee bit cheaper (as bowling clubs and social clubs are). 

For me it's not about special stuff seating etc I just want value for money and a decent feckin pint would be guid cos fosters is pants 

Edited by Miss Saint

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

3 Elitist.. Nonsense. 

For what its worth Ricky I think your bang on mate, how do you fancy part time 1877 club managers job. its being run lazily just give us your membership dues and go have a pint of our shity lager,  no thanks

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

For what its worth Ricky I think your bang on mate, how do you fancy part time 1877 club managers job. its being run lazily just give us your membership dues and go have a pint of our shity lager,  no thanks

In what way is it being run lazily ? 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

3 Elitist.. Nonsense. 

Okay i'll help you here, being a member of the 1877 club is not in itself being elitist, asking for seating priority outwith the bounds of the bar is being elitist, especially when this would be to the exclusion of people who already occupy that seating.

Edited by buddiecat
To edit something

47 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't get this elitist nonsense it does not exist.  It's a great club just needs tinkering around the edges.  When gloomy winter sets in the club will be a blessing. 

Okay i'll help you here, being a member of the 1877 club is not in itself being elitist, asking for seating priority outwith the bounds of the bar is being elitist, especially when this would be to the exclusion of people who already occupy that seating.

His idea does not exist at the moment but the proposition is being elitist.

6 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

His idea does not exist at the moment but the proposition is being elitist.

Understand what you are saying and agree. 

3 hours ago, buddiecat said:

I wouldn't want to force people to do anything. We currently have a lot of spare capacity. Other clubs do the kind of things I have suggested. If these are not popular then they won't happen. Standing still is not a great option going by what others have said. I've put my money where my mouth is, use and like the club. Doesn't stop myself and others looking to improve the offering,  increase usage and increase revenue whilst pleasing the customer. For some the price of drinks is important but not to me. I genuinely have no idea what the cost of a pint is in a pub or in the club.

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I wouldn't want to force people to do anything. We currently have a lot of spare capacity. Other clubs do the kind of things I have suggested. If these are not popular then they won't happen. Standing still is not a great option going by what others have said. I've put my money where my mouth is, use and like the club. Doesn't stop myself and others looking to improve the offering,  increase usage and increase revenue whilst pleasing the customer. For some the price of drinks is important but not to me. I genuinely have no idea what the cost of a pint is in a pub or in the club.

I get where you are coming from but I think looking for specific seating isn't just a totally different kind of thing - tbh It sounds more like that executive club thing they have. It's a BAR a PUB, it's nothing to do with where you sit and you ain't going to get a certain seating area for a tenner a month. And the fact it's a pub is kinda the reason some folks talk about the bar prices. 

If only we were all given a chance as members to discuss all this, as a founding member did you think there would be member Input/meetings or was it clear from the start being a member just meant paying? 

3 hours ago, Miss Saint said:

I get where you are coming from but I think looking for specific seating isn't just a totally different kind of thing - tbh It sounds more like that executive club thing they have. It's a BAR a PUB, it's nothing to do with where you sit and you ain't going to get a certain seating area for a tenner a month. And the fact it's a pub is kinda the reason some folks talk about the bar prices. 

If only we were all given a chance as members to discuss all this, as a founding member did you think there would be member Input/meetings or was it clear from the start being a member just meant paying? 

Got to agree with you on your final point.

Thats the way to do it .

East Fife v Partick Thistle on Sat. 8th September

Details

Created: 04 September 2018

East Fife would like to welcome all Partick Thistle Supporters to The Locality Hub Bayview Stadium, Methil on Saturday, 8th September. The Club has 2 bars which will be open at 12.30pm - all are welcome. Our lounge bar (Jeeks Bar) is upstairs and is the bigger of the two bars, holding up to 100 people. Our smaller bar is Jimmy's Bar and is on the ground floor opposite reception. Please note that they are NOT Social Clubs so there is no need to sign in anywhere. Just bring your money and have a pint or five...

Also if any fans feel the need to have hospitality with or without drinks, please check our website under hospitality for our packages.

21 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thats the way to do it .

East Fife v Partick Thistle on Sat. 8th September

Details

Created: 04 September 2018

East Fife would like to welcome all Partick Thistle Supporters to The Locality Hub Bayview Stadium, Methil on Saturday, 8th September. The Club has 2 bars which will be open at 12.30pm - all are welcome. Our lounge bar (Jeeks Bar) is upstairs and is the bigger of the two bars, holding up to 100 people. Our smaller bar is Jimmy's Bar and is on the ground floor opposite reception. Please note that they are NOT Social Clubs so there is no need to sign in anywhere. Just bring your money and have a pint or five...

Also if any fans feel the need to have hospitality with or without drinks, please check our website under hospitality for our packages.

Been there a few years back. As you say, simple and makes all fans welcome. 

Probably not the cash cow the 1877 is but it does what, IMO, it should do, be a facility for supporters to gather and enjoy pre or after match drinks/food. 

Oh, forgot to mention, I also enjoyed hospitality,  shit game, 0-0 but still a good day. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Been there a few years back. As you say, simple and makes all fans welcome. 

Probably not the cash cow the 1877 is but it does what, IMO, it should do, be a facility for supporters to gather and enjoy pre or after match drinks/food. 

Have St Mirren not experimented with a fans area in the past? 

The Dome would be ideal but keep the 1877 a members only Club and improve it's offerings would be my call. 

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

But if we were to use the dome then the need for the 1877 club disappears unless it is to continue as an elitist establishment, surely the idea is to be more inclusive not devisive as this wou!d appear to be.

I suggest that they complement each other. Corporate Hospitality,  1877 Members Club,  Fans Match Day Space.

Each provides a different experience.  High Cost,  Medium Cost,  Low Cost. 

Each can then choose what they feel is appropriate to them.