1877 Club

div

Don't get the whole point in the 1877 club being a members only club, why pay a membership to go have a few drinks in a place is beyond me and also your not guaranteed to get in. Like the idea of the dome being used as such right enough a good idea fans of opposing teams mingle for banter.

On Sunday, September 09, 2018 at 8:39 PM, jkd said:

Don't get the whole point in the 1877 club being a members only club, why pay a membership to go have a few drinks in a place is beyond me and also your not guaranteed to get in. Like the idea of the dome being used as such right enough a good idea fans of opposing teams mingle for banter.

Jkd.  Nobody is obliged to join.  People choose to do so, know the cost and find it affordable.  Others might not and that is very understandable.  Members know that they are,  in effect,  making a monthly donation towards the running of the football club and accept that. 

For me it is a convenient meeting place as our group come from various places some distance from Paisley.  I park at the ground and pay for that too.  Others park nearby. It's a safe environment.  I can leave the club 10 minutes before the game starts and be in my seat in the West Stand for the start of the match. 

It would be great if a facility existed which allowed several hundred other fans to have a drink,  beer,  soft drink,  coffee or whatever before a game in a fan zone. 

Hope a way is found to do that but the 1877 couldn't cope. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Thanks.
Next question then... How can I blag a visit after the game for myself and 4 relatives who are visiting SMP for the first time on Friday night?
Contact the club. They won't let old firm fans in due to security reasons. Certainly won't let them in with colours. But normally guest have to come with a member. I used to be a member but I don't drink anymore so not worth it for me. I was on the the fans council when we got it built and it was only meant for home fans. Whether that's changed I don't know.

45 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
Thanks.
Next question then... How can I blag a visit after the game for myself and 4 relatives who are visiting SMP for the first time on Friday night?

Contact the club. They won't let old firm fans in due to security reasons. Certainly won't let them in with colours. But normally guest have to come with a member. I used to be a member but I don't drink anymore so not worth it for me. I was on the the fans council when we got it built and it was only meant for home fans. Whether that's changed I don't know.

E Mail about the game shows home fans and guests only. Same for Rangers, Hearts and Hibs games. But...seeking thoughts from members in practice for other games. Don't drink alcohol or beer myself.  More a way of supporting the club and a convenient meeting place for me. Can't help you out personally as the two of us who are guests are bringing two guests each. ..the max allowed.

Edited by St.Ricky

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Like having a football night ? 

Clever Cloggs.  At least you go to these I assume?

IOBS suggested fund raising evenings open to fans . His example was the magician who visited the club this week. (Yeah I know..I hope that OK is a magician too).

Other examples I have seen are curry nights etc.

55 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

IOBS suggested fund raising evenings open to fans . His example was the magician who visited the club this week. (Yeah I know..I hope that OK is a magician too).

How would us plebs gain access to such a jolly jape or would the members only rule be lifted for such shennanigans ?

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

How would us plebs gain access to such a jolly jape or would the members only rule be lifted for such shennanigans ?

I believe that IOBS had in mind open evenings. So would I. Give people an opportunity to get together. For example a BAWA evening. (Boxing gloves and Bodyguards provided). They would be on non match days.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I believe that IOBS had in mind open evenings. So would I. Give people an opportunity to get together. For example a BAWA evening. (Boxing gloves and Bodyguards provided). They would be on non match days.

No way I would be travelling up to Paisley on non match days and I very much doubt few if any would that live any distance away. Would be locals only if there was any support for such things.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Comedy, Quizzes Billyg,  Horse racing nights with a speaker. A band night. This Irish magician looks very talented he will go onto big things I'm sure he would sell out the club.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Comedy, Quizzes Billyg,  Horse racing nights with a speaker. A band night. This Irish magician looks very talented he will go onto big things I'm sure he would sell out the club.

Like all your idea bud. But no chance of happening.

Sadly I agree but if you only hold a special event say every 8 weeks it could be a winner Gary. 

I agree the Club should be better used . I love the ideas ( well some of them) put forward so far but these things need to be attended to make them worthwhile . Would hate to see time and effort put in for no one to turn up .
Just as an aside, how well attended have the events set aside for the £25 SMiSA members been ?

• 2 weeks later...

A fellow member asked for a members meeting to discuss things, there are no meetings to be planned but members are  welcome to email ideas/thoughts (good luck).  I've bowed out the whole thing for now due to a family bereavement but just thought I'd pop in to pass this on.

In the meantime COYS OKBAWA.............. see ya's

28 minutes ago, Miss Saint said:

A fellow member asked for a members meeting to discuss things, there are no meetings to be planned but members are  welcome to email ideas/thoughts (good luck).  I've bowed out the whole thing for now due to a family bereavement but just thought I'd pop in to pass this on.

In the meantime COYS OKBAWA.............. see ya's

Take care.