1877 Club

div

On 10/20/2016 at 1:23 PM, St.Ricky said:

New ideas don't seem to be too welcome.

Or perhaps they have read these before to be fair.

I am sorry if you thought I was not welcoming your 'idea', but you should really have contacted the Club, even through the Suggestions Wall.  The Title of this thread is 1877 Club.

On 10/20/2016 at 1:29 PM, shull said:

Jealousy and mostly envy. 

Wrong on both counts mah man.  Just don't like Loadsamoney attitudes which some on here like to flaunt.  I would have thought a miser like you would understand.

Image result for image loadsamoney

15 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Very clear - in other words.

It is not clear whether or not the club is fully subscribed but the website says it is.

There is parking available. good

Willingness to help a fellow fan - zero.

Clear and succinct really.

Team Spirit eh?

Apparently, the 1877 Club members website is seldom updated. 

Parking has always been available and the main SMFC website has a whole section about fans facilities etc. if you bothered to look.  Everyone should know that.

Glad to help :)

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If i understand the scant real information on how the club came into being was there not a hefty cash injection in the tens of thousands from SMFC? If so, and in conjunction with repaying build and fit out costs, again I cant see how £2500 fees pee month would even cover repayment costs, let alone be a "profit"?

given again the information available it only trades in numbers for approx one hour before kick off, at circa 20 home games per season. Just looking at average staffing costs, if you have four people, and a supervisor, cleaner etc doing four hours at average bar rates the cost to the employer is approx. £500 - £600 per game.

i would be interested to see if can actually 'wash its face' let alone turn worthwhile profit. Still i am sure we will see it in the club acvounts at the AGM.

I'm afraid the Club Accounts do not go into that depth of detail M'Lud. Most likely it will be lumped under a catch-all 'other income' ... if you're lucky.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I am happy to pay for it

Are the club and the 1877 club willing to provide it and enhance my match day experience is the question?

Other clubs provide this facility. I mentioned Celtic where a friend pays around £700 a year for exactly this facility.

Lets put it a different way>

Option 1

The current model

Option 2

Lets call it the Executive Club Model or Fat B's Model or any other name.

This costs more but provides more in one package.

Vouchers or "executive" membership cards could be used too access the food included in the membership

More facilities for those who pay more and more money for the club.

Worth thinking about surely?

Why don't you just purchase Hospitality, which can give you everything you are asking for and more.  I am sure the Club will even give you a discount if you buy it per Season, but I don't recommend the unlimited drinks package if you are driving.   You would even get you're own 'exclusive entrance' and smokers are allowed out same entrance for a smoke (with an Ashtray!), unlike the rest of us Plebs.

Edited by Vambo57

1 hour ago, div said:

1. I don't think the club is fully subscribed but it's very close.

2. You can park in the stadium for £4 on the day subject to availability, or on the street for free (within parking restrictions)

3. No need to have a season ticket in either case

4. If you ever want to attend the club as a guest let me know and I will be happy to pre-book you and your friend in as my guests. You would pay £3 on the day each.

5. You can buy the same food inside the 1877 lounge that you can in the stadium.

6. There is no package or deal currently which includes food & parking. Everything is separate at the moment, but I think there could be mileage in that suggestion. Someone mentioned packaging things up on the clubs suggestion wall, and I think it's a good idea personally.

7. All drinks have to be paid for by everyone, even the members :-)

How much is a home win?

6 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

I am sorry if you thought I was not welcoming your 'idea', but you should really have contacted the Club, even through the Suggestions Wall.  The Title of this thread is 1877 Club.

Wrong on both counts mah man.  Just don't like Loadsamoney attitudes which some on here like to flaunt.  I would have thought a miser like you would understand.

Image result for image loadsamoney

Apparently, the 1877 Club members website is seldom updated. 

Parking has always been available and the main SMFC website has a whole section about fans facilities etc. if you bothered to look.  Everyone should know that.

Glad to help :)

I'm afraid the Club Accounts do not go into that depth of detail M'Lud. Most likely it will be lumped under a catch-all 'other income' ... if you're lucky.

Why don't you just purchase Hospitality, which can give you everything you are asking for and more.  I am sure the Club will even give you a discount if you buy it per Season, but I don't recommend the unlimited drinks package if you are driving.   You would even get you're own 'exclusive entrance' and smokers are allowed out same entrance for a smoke (with an Ashtray!), unlike the rest of us Plebs.

I have tried hospitality at the stadium and at others. I enjoyed them but a number of people are guests who are there for an "outing" rather than fans per se.

Despite what you may think, I am just an ordinary guy.

Joining the club would create more opportunity to be amongst fans.

58 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not to be pedantic Div but the founder members paid £60 up front at least I did plus there 10 a month.

Season ticket holders got a discounted up front payment of £50. 

Edited by Kendo

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks Kendo

A plan is beginning to form in my befuddled mind.

Season Ticket

1877 Club Membership

Parking

If you join the club now I'm not sure if the up front payment is required. You might now be able to join for £10 a month only.

If you join the club now I'm not sure if the up front payment is required. You might now be able to join for £10 a month only.

Yeah I'm fairly certain that is the case, I think the fans council are revamping their website so hopefully it will contain more up to date information on the 1877 club once it's live.

There is still an outstanding balance to be paid for the build of the supporters club. The only way to recoup this is to take entry fees. As far as im aware, most supporters clubs, at least ones i have been to at away grounds take an entry fee, which goes towards running costs etc.

I agree with you to a certain degree that in the future a different approach should be made to allow non-members access, though a lot of fans have dipped into their own pockets monthly as members to help fund the build and running so far and it would imo put a few noses out of joint if that was to be suddenly scrapped without no return. 

Last night man Utd v Fenerbache myself and Phil Clark attended this match. We went to the Old Trafford Supporters Club which is located in the Hotel Football which is owned by the class of 92 guys and everyone was charged to get in. I've been to many social clubs in my time football and non football and all non members are expected to pay a small fee to enter. So why would our club be any different.

12 hours ago, Stu said:

May I suggest phoning or e-mailing the club rather than posting on a fans' forum asking for information about a deal that does not currently exist? And then if you get this information you could share it here for other people interested.

div, from what you posted it seems the £3 non-members are being charged is going to the football club rather than paying off the cost of building the supporters' club. Is that correct?

Have done Stu

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Alan Wardrop tweeted that that the 1877 club was open free to all after the game on Saturday.

What is the situation now pre-match?

Shame he never said before the game :mellow:  Court Bar got our money instead of the club :thumbsdown

Last night man Utd v Fenerbache myself and Phil Clark attended this match. We went to the Old Trafford Supporters Club which is located in the Hotel Football which is owned by the class of 92 guys and everyone was charged to get in. I've been to many social clubs in my time football and non football and all non members are expected to pay a small fee to enter. So why would our club be any different.

Are they? Off the top of my head I don't recall being asked to pay into any pre match bar before.

Killie, St J, ICT, Livingston QOTS and many others have free to enter bars for home and away fans.

59 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really ? So Friday isnt before the game ?

I think with Alan being on the board, he is in a strong position to get the message out across more channels, whether its the official website or through more official social media exposure. I'm not trying to be critical, though members seem to know the club details (as they should), whereas some potential footfall from non members find out too late. 

57 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think with Alan being on the board, he is in a strong position to get the message out across more channels, whether its the official website or through more official social media exposure. I'm not trying to be critical, though members seem to know the club details (as they should), whereas some potential footfall from non members find out too late. 

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

Sorry I don't do tweets so I wasn't to know. Maybe if he was to post on this thread more fans would get to know and go to the club.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You would think the offical club site and here would be the  best place to spread the word. Not trying to be too critical.  

58 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I cant disagree. If they really wanted to get people in ,it should have been properly advertised through multiple channels with a "first come first served " warning. I only mentioned the tweet to show it had been pre-match

p.s. I dont do twitter either !

Sorry I don't do tweets so I wasn't to know. Maybe if he was to post on this thread more fans would get to know and go to the club.

Of course. He should post news about the club on an unofficial website. Why should anyone look at the club's official site or Twitter feed for official news from the club?

Of course. He should post news about the club on an unofficial website. Why should anyone look at the club's official site or Twitter feed for official news from the club?

Well there is 69 pages on here about the bar so that would be a reason. The most places that he post on, the more people will get to know about it and maybe more fans will used the bar.

Update from Alan regarding the 1877 club this Saturday;

It's Christmas Time so let's celebrate as Santa is a Saint !

We are having a party at the supporters club on Saturday 17th December and you are invited !

Saints take on Ayr Utd going for the incredible feet of 3 straight wins in a row ! Yes 3 in a row !

To celebrate our recent run and our last game before Christmas we are having a Christmas Party for our members and their guests.

Christmas food will be on offer and resident DJ Colin Holmes will play a mix of Christmas party songs and Saints classic numbers like "Oh Isma Goncalves " and "We'll go where ever Saint Mirren go."

For a touch of nostalgia we will also be showing the story of the 1987 Scottish Cup winning DVD which will also be available to purchase with the 30th anniversary coming in 2017.

We will have the Sky live lunchtime match of Crystal Palace v Chelsea from 12-30pm and doors open at 12-00pm.

Usual rules apply with guests needing to be booked in to guarantee their place by emailing [email protected] and the standard £3 fee guest fee applies.

On behalf of The Fans Council and the Board of Directors I would like to wish all our members and fellow supporters a very Happy Christmas and a huge thank you for all your support and comraderie in our supporters club.

Please give us 3 points Santa.There may have been times we were'nt good but we have been very loyal.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop
SMFC