1877 Club

div

13 hours ago, Kendo said:

Supporters Club Bus Service

We have identified the lack of public transport near the stadium to get back to the town centre after games and we want to encourage more use of our supporters club post match.

As a result we are piloting a new private bus service starting at Saturday's Queen of the South match.

We are financing this ourselves to provide this service for free to members and their guests. It's our way of testing the demand for the service with a view to getting a local restaurant or bar to sponsor the bus in future. 

The bus provided by local firm Colchri bus hire will leave from the supporters club at 6pm and then return for a final pick up at 6-30 pm when the supporter club closes.

It will stop at St.Mirren supporting bar Sapporito's, at Paisley Town centre near both Gilmour St railway station and the taxi rank for onward transportation home.Of course you will get a warm welcome from Sapporito's if you want another drink before heading home.

The benefit to the club is we are encouraging longer use of the club post match and making sure our supporters are transported safely and efficiently ready for their onward  journey home.

We hope you will support us in this venture and look forward to any comments.Its provided FREE and saves the cost and time waiting on a taxi outside the stadium.

Best wishes

Alan Wardrop
SMFC

Hello Alan. .

2 hours ago, Kendo said:

Our club has done lots, set up a new bar where there was a void, joint SMiSA Gordon Scott buy out, funded a new disabled platform, repaired the problems with the facilities at Ralston, cleaned up the stadium, provided funds to repair the USH, provided funds to buy new players, encouraged the fans to bring donations for a Christmas food bank collection that was a huge success.

These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. Where are all of these achievements celebrated on here? The talkers would rather point out all the negatives in what the club is trying to achieve.

Easy way to foil The Talkers.

let them do all their Talking through the tannoy...

:whistle

I think it's really positive that the club are trying to get people in after the game. I will probably pop in though won't get the bus due to being able to get train from St James.

We should show the club how much the non members want to support this bar by turning up in numbers.

However I still feel that the best way to get new money in is to get opposition supporters in pre match.

Daft question I know - but , does the club have a notice board in the bar/club that could keep updated train timetable on for St James or are the trains that regular that you can wander over any time and not wait long ?

Just wondered , as you could time your departure to suit train.

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

Daft question I know - but , does the club have a notice board in the bar/club that could keep updated train timetable on for St James or are the trains that regular that you can wander over any time and not wait long ?

Just wondered , as you could time your departure to suit train.

Aye, it's called an app on yer phone. :lol:

18 minutes ago, TsuMirren said:

Must admit it'll be really difficult to show Spurs vs West Brom as per the email as it's FA Cup day and the club no longer has BT. Maybe they'll stick Real Madrid on.

It will. West Brom are playing Derby. The Spurs game v Aston Villa is on BBC1 tomorrow :rolleyes:

Edited by Stuart Dickson

The TV situation needs sorted, it's a terrible setup at the moment. There are two TV's that are no bigger than you'd find in your lounge these days, these show Sky Sports but with no sound and on Hogmanay they just completely stopped working.

Then there is a big pull down screen that is very good but now doesn't seem to be able to show any live action, only DVDs and again with no sound.

It's not a good setup at all.

6 minutes ago, div said:

The TV situation needs sorted, it's a terrible setup at the moment. There are two TV's that are no bigger than you'd find in your lounge these days, these show Sky Sports but with no sound and on Hogmanay they just completely stopped working.

Then there is a big pull down screen that is very good but now doesn't seem to be able to show any live action, only DVDs and again with no sound.

It's not a good setup at all.

Has anyone asked for an explanation about this?

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:06 PM, Lord Pityme said:

As i understanding it, they have a decent membership, but they dont always turn up for every game, or come v late, leave at the final whistle, may be driving so not buying much drink compared to those who like the pub pre/post game. The likely demographic of most members possibly fits this, i.e. Disposable income, attends with children, likes to drive to game, not hanging around after.

that is why they have thrown the doors open to anyone after the game, not enough cash going over the bar.

Wont make the game today but hopefully the club is busy before and after the game. Having live football on the tellies and big screen is a must. The only time I have been in the club was when we played QOTS earlier in the season. Both tellies were showing the Irish and the Manchester derby that were both being shown by sky, but the big screen was not on. I was told it was because only BT games could be shown on the big screen but a poster on here said I was talking piss. What ever the reason is, it does need to be fixed.   Edit, don't know why I quoted Lord Pityme  :blink:

Edited by renfrew