1877 Club

div

The TV situation needs sorted, it's a terrible setup at the moment. There are two TV's that are no bigger than you'd find in your lounge these days, these show Sky Sports but with no sound and on Hogmanay they just completely stopped working.
Then there is a big pull down screen that is very good but now doesn't seem to be able to show any live action, only DVDs and again with no sound.
It's not a good setup at all.

div there is sound. I asked Kate one week to turn it up and she said. she didn't want it turned up. you were there that day. That Kate I wouldn't let near the club.

This is really getting to "piss up in brewery" stage, its a nonsense.

Why would anybody pay £50 to join a club and £10 a month so they can get in before a home game for 2 n 1/2 hours at most?

The chairman should be able to rely on directors to get things right or if not right, to get it sorted. I'll leave it their.

17 hours ago, div said:

I'm not backtracking on anything. You are the one who keeps banging on about a Community Interest Company for reasons I'm really not sure.

St.Mirren FC is not a Community Interest Company, nor is it owned by a Community Interest Company.

I've said this a few times, I can't really make it any clearer.

If you don't want to listen that's your call.

See Stuart Dickson's post.

Getting frosty there Div. 

Surprising really as all I want to do is support the 1877 club .

Love the circular nature of this thread. Every few weeks the same folk have the same argument yet again.

The problems with membership fees v letting everyone in for free will remain until the building costs are payed off. The only way the loan repayments are being met is through membership fees because the profit from the social club goes to the football club with not a penny (as I understand it) going towards the initial outlay. Pretty ridiculous to me but there you go.

This is really getting to "piss up in brewery" stage, its a nonsense.
Why would anybody pay £50 to join a club and £10 a month so they can get in before a home game for 2 n 1/2 hours at most?
The chairman should be able to rely on directors to get things right or if not right, to get it sorted. I'll leave it their.

200 people did. I'm one of them and I have to say I've never regretted it. Maybe I'm easy pleased!

Noticed today's game was live on Dunfermline TV, a lot of clubs seem to do have the facility to do this now. would it be possible to open the bar to show away games?

I guess Saints couldn't do it unilaterally as it would affect the attendance and be an issue for host clubs so you'd have to come to some sort of agreement at league level, but longer term?

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Noticed today's game was live on Dunfermline TV, a lot of clubs seem to do have the facility to do this now. would it be possible to open the bar to show away games?

I guess Saints couldn't do it unilaterally as it would affect the attendance and be an issue for host clubs so you'd have to come to some sort of agreement at league level, but longer term?

Not allowed to show it in the UK - same as us mate. 

Would love to see a blackandwhitearmy forum gathering pre and post home match. The 1877 never seems to be that busy and reach its full capacity for any game. We have 8000 users on this forum allegedly. Would be terrific to get a date arranged and get 100 or so forum regulars into the pub to top existing 1877 members. Fill the place up, generate some good banter and revenue for the club.

We need to muster up some enthusiasm and togetherness for this long battle that lies ahead. Together we can fight and make the impossible possible.

Make it happen Div!

PS Get a few regulars in the stocks and we could chuck water/rotten fruit etc at them for a £5 a go. Would wipe out the 1877 clubs debt in one afternoon if certain regulars on here were in the stocks.

Stay positive buds and keep smiling. It could be worse, we could live in Greenock. :-)

• 2 weeks later...