Stephen Mallan and Dundee

div

3 hours ago, norrie82 said:

If he goes for that we should chuck it. Absolutely no point in ralston

In the last 5-6 years we have had Kenny McLean, John McGinn, Marc McAusland, Sean Kelly, Jason Naismith, Thomas Reilly, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan, Lewis McLear, Jack Baird all coming from the our youth development set up into our first team squad. Probably half of them have been capped from Scotland development teams like the U21s. #hardlypointless

2 hours ago, div said:

The Mallan situation, currently anyway, is very different from the one we found ourselves in with McGinn and McLean.

McGinn was obviously out of contract completely and whilst at the time the board were berated for letting him go for £100K, which was significantly less than his development fee, the 33% sell on clause that we apparently included could yet reap us a hefty income if he keeps going the way he's currently going. Indeed it could be game changing money for us if they sold him for say £2m which is not out of the question by any means.

McLean only signed a new contract ont he understanding that he could go if a bigger club came in for him.

Both those players featured in a cup winning top flight team. Both scored goals and performed consitently in the top flight.

Mallan burst on to the scene with "THAT" goal at Dens Park but he's played only a handful of matches in the Premiership, and has a season of fairly successful Championship football under his belt. He has two years to go on his current deal.

We're in a strong position with Mallan. We don't need to sell, and my understanding is that we won't sell, unless the manager and the board agree the deal is in the best interests of both the player and the club and that we have replacement(s) lined up.

I can't see him going to Dundee, they've upped their offer from £75K to just under £100K. They aren't then going to suddenly offer £300K.

According to the Dundee press it was £200,000 they offered

What do they hope to achieve with fees well below his development fee

Strange and i don't think we have heard the last of this

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

According to the Dundee press it was £200,000 they offered

What do they hope to achieve with fees well below his development fee

Strange and i don't think we have heard the last of this

Simple, they hope to turn the boys head thus hoping that forces us into selling at their valuation rather than ours. We need to be strong here with Mallan and his agent as this could easily turn bitter. Yes we hold the aces but our poker face has never been hard to read and we never win at first to blink !

Dundee fan on P&B claiming that we're happy with what they've offered, but the sticking point is the sizeable percentage we want for the sell on fee.

Feel free to dismiss this as a load of shite or to believe it and go into meltdown mode.:D

Edited by FTOF

Simple, they hope to turn the boys head thus hoping that forces us into selling at their valuation rather than ours. We need to be strong here with Mallan and his agent as this could easily turn bitter. Yes we hold the aces but our poker face has never been hard to read and we never win at first to blink !

The chance to join Dundee would not turn many heads - it's hardly a step up.

23 hours ago, div said:

No, they really couldn't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31665265

They made a £200K loss last season too. So my those figures they are over £3m in the red.

Dundee are on a fast track to do what they've already done twice before.

So much for Financial Prudence......

Hope the twats go bust again....and if they do they should be bounced out the Leagues completely....no, I don't like them.:angry:

Dibble only McLean and mcginn merit a mention and McLean was not actually a saints product in whole as I believe he signed from Rangers? Anyhow if you plough money into ralston it should be that once every so often you sell a gem for a good fee. If we let mallan go for 100k what is the point. Let's put the cash into the team we all watch on a Saturday. if we hold out and get a proper fee I will be delighted that ralston has produced income worth talking about

5 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Dibble only McLean and mcginn merit a mention and McLean was not actually a saints product in whole as I believe he signed from Rangers? Anyhow if you plough money into ralston it should be that once every so often you sell a gem for a good fee. If we let mallan go for 100k what is the point. Let's put the cash into the team we all watch on a Saturday. if we hold out and get a proper fee I will be delighted that ralston has produced income worth talking about

How much are we "ploughing" into Ralston?

It's not all about selling, it's about producing players to play for St Mirren.

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Rae in today's PDE saying that we've had a couple of informal bids which he considers derisory (TM Drew) emoji38.png and that Mallan is going nowhere, as the days of selling our players on the cheap have gone.

Cue Mallan listed on Gumtree by lunchtime:zipit

Going on last seasons performances id say 200k is too low. But the way Rae has him playing so far this season i would be tempted to take it. Yeah he's a young lad and I'm sure he will improve, but only if he gets to play in his best position week in week out

20 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Dundee are waiting for one of our more experienced players to chuck a spear at Mallan and thereby get him on the cheap.

Going on last seasons performances id say 200k is too low. But the way Rae has him playing so far this season i would be tempted to take it. Yeah he's a young lad and I'm sure he will improve, but only if he gets to play in his best position week in week out

Better to get rid of the manager rather than the player in that case.

When Mallan has a game like he did against Morton (thankfully no one in the team is that bad very often) there is only so far i can sympathise with suggestions that his poor form is down to Alex Rae playing him in a new position which doesn't play to his strengths. It wasn't Rae's tactics or positional requirements which saw Mallan crap out of tackles, mishit free kicks, or hit short passes out the park never mind not making any of his ambitious and regular attempts at world cup passes.

How many managers did we go through in the 1980s? And yet good players remained good players whoever was manager at the time: eg Billy Thomson, Campbell Money, Jackie Copeland, Tony Fitzpatrick, Billy Abercromby, Billy Stark, Peter Weir, and the 3 Franks.

Rae being manager did Mallan no harm whatsoever last year - indeed it guaranteed him a place in the starting XI.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Spotted Mallen in Asdo Linwood.  We all know what that means. . . 

. . . A long and tedious debate about wither it should be Asda Linwood, Asda Elderslie or Asda Feegie.

#whogivesaf**k

Edited by insaintee

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, insaintee said:

Spotted Mallen in Asdo Linwood.  We all know what that means. . . 

. . . A long and tedious debate about wither it should be Asda Linwood, Asda Elderslie or Asda Feegie.

#whogivesaf**k

He doesn't like Tesco's