Scott Brown Is Correct on Jamie Walker

shull

Walker of Hearts is a diving cheat. 

Brown is right to call him that. 

Just wish Hearts would admit it and hopefully, in the future, Scott Brown speaks out against others including his own Teammates. 

And a 2 game ban is pish. 

Make it a red card at the time and a long term ban and fine. 

57 minutes ago, shull said:

Walker of Hearts is a diving cheat. 

Brown is right to call him that. 

Just wish Hearts would admit it and hopefully, in the future, Scott Brown speaks out against others including his own Teammates. 

And a 2 game ban is pish. 

Make it a red card at the time and a long term ban and fine. 

Agree with that , but don't remember Brown being that vocal after the Nakamura game at Love St .

Regarding the Walker issue, I have heard countless pundits and ex pros uttering the usual mealy mouthed nonsense about "going down if you feel contact"

Here was me all these years thinking that you had to be actually fouled in the box to get a penalty, not just challenged, or in some cases "anticipating a challenge"

In days gone by, players who dived would either be laughed at or just ignored by the ref, who would likely have it in mind that the player in question wouldn't get a penalty even if he was scythed down later in the game. Serves him right !

What far too many of those spoilt brats.....er...I mean professional footballers, seem to forget is that people are paying good money (in Saints case way over the odds) to be entertained and its we the fans who should decide how cheats are dealt with. Best way to deal with it is treat them with contempt by ignoring any dives and let play continue whilst the "gone to ground" (thought it was only rabbits and moles etc who did this anyway) player may have a rest and incur the wrath of his team mates.

I naturally exempt all Saints players from this as goals are so scarce for us that any means of scoring is to be encouraged, lol.

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

Regarding the Walker issue, I have heard countless pundits and ex pros uttering the usual mealy mouthed nonsense about "going down if you feel contact"

Here was me all these years thinking that you had to be actually fouled in the box to get a penalty, not just challenged, or in some cases "anticipating a challenge"

In days gone by, players who dived would either be laughed at or just ignored by the ref, who would likely have it in mind that the player in question wouldn't get a penalty even if he was scythed down later in the game. Serves him right !

What far too many of those spoilt brats.....er...I mean professional footballers, seem to forget is that people are paying good money (in Saints case way over the odds) to be entertained and its we the fans who should decide how cheats are dealt with. Best way to deal with it is treat them with contempt by ignoring any dives and let play continue whilst the "gone to ground" (thought it was only rabbits and moles etc who did this anyway) player may have a rest and incur the wrath of his team mates.

I naturally exempt all Saints players from this as goals are so scarce for us that any means of scoring is to be encouraged, lol.

I seem to remember that John McDonald of Rangers(among others) was a regular penalty box diver.