St Mirren V Hibs 20/8/16

dr rotund

Hopefully Quinn is back, and Mackenzie features. We might as well give 3-5-2 a go. 

Gallacher 

Baird Webster/Gordon Mackenzie

Morgan Quinn Hutton Walsh/Stewart 

Mallan (free role)

Hardie Sutton

Putting Stewart at left mid could help us out defensively, makes us a bit lop sided but hey. Naismith (although the tactics haven't helped him) and Irvine have been poor, so could use a spell on the bench. 

Whoever starts we will need to be 100% at it or another loss is on the cards. 

Never really thought about Naismith playing in that role, but I'm sure Irvine has before. Interesting idea.

I've said it a few times now I think he would be ideal in that role. Used to play central in the development team, can win the ball and has the engine to get up and down the park.

1 hour ago, shull said:

I love to see team selection and tactics left to Alex Rae. 

Naw, I reckon the fans should choose the team and tactics. We have it on rotation basis. The first name out the hat keeps picking until we lose then its someone else's turn.

Its beginning to look a lot like last season up until Iain Murray resigned. We cannot go on changing managers and I do not know whether Alex Rae,s the right man. I am certainly not going to judge him on 2 league games, and the league cup games. So far we have had to endure two extremely poor league games, we can only improve and I hope like many a St.Mirren fan that will be sooner rather than later, and whilst the well expressed saying is "The buck stops with the manager", certain St.Mirren players really do want to have a good, long and hard look at themselves. At the moment the Manager and team are letting the fans down.

4 hours ago, Tam M said:

I've said it a few times now I think he would be ideal in that role. Used to play central in the development team, can win the ball and has the engine to get up and down the park.

Although not very good at passing, marking or tackling. The amount of the time he isn't even in the TV picture when opponents score against us is pretty amazing for a right back!

When I hear any manager talk about players not giving 100% I worry. Lack of fight are " doomed" words. I think AR was just annoyed. FKs I was. What is clear, that two systems set up in two games have had to be dramatically changed twice. So ..... what the hell are they working on in training.

AR will regret getting rid of Goodie and Kelly..................

Yeah sure we have time but lose to Hibs we are 8 points back after 3 games. So for sake of fight, and desire I expect far better from players and manager

38 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Spot on dibble. I've said for a. While I think naismith is greatly overrated. He can't pass or jump and really does struggle getting up and down the park.

I thought Naismith and Kelly both had very good debut seasons during Lennon's final campaign in charge but both had poor seasons after that. Hoping Jason gets back to his 2013/4 form this year.