St Mirren V Hibs 20/8/16

dr rotund

Awful from us. Hibs should have been further ahead by half-time. Second half they did what they had to while playing in first gear. If we'd even thought about maybe getting forward to create a chance they'd have easily slapped us down.

Utterly embarrassing from us. Created bugger all - one shot on goal all game - no urgency, desire, passion and all the rest of it. Weirdly, the qualities Rae had as a player are exactly what is missing from the team

That one effort got Ales Rae a circastic cheer from fans in the main stand. Why Lennon never took off the Hibs goalie for a forward is baffling

Hibs are not a great team on what l saw today. They strolled through the game helped by the two early gift wrapped goals we obviously felt they needed to help them settle. The ironic cheers and applause in 83 minutes for clarksons shot summed up our ineptitude. I cannot believe we are no further forward on the evidence of last six games than two seasons ago. Woeful.

Anyone that was calling for Gallagher to go in goals should be ashamed. 

He couldn't lace Scrimigours boots. Langfield is a goal of a start for the opposition but this guy is two goals of a start. 

At fault for both goals, the first was a carbon copy of the first mistake at Livi. The second he should have been shouting to Baird to tell him what to do or taken control and cleared it.

Midfield nonexistent, nothing positive about any of the performances so far this season. 

Two vital games for Raes future in the next two weeks. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

What a joke Hutton is!

It is incredible to think we got rid of Jim Goodwin to replace him Kyle Hutton, a midfiellder who cant run, tackle or pass.

Incredible.

The best midfielder in the would look terrible playing as the defensive player in that selection. Of course he looks shite with 2 wide men and Mallan making up his midfield. We need Quinn in beside him and get the "wingers" to f**k. Stone age tactics.

What the he'll is it with this f**king club no matter who the managers are or calibre of player we bring in every year is the same abject pish is there anyone out there that has any idea have we been cursed or something .just f**king hopeless.

That was brutal. No leadership, no direction, no shape to the team.  Bitterly disappointing after a hint of pre-season optimism.

The players have to shoulder their share of the blame, but the buck definitely stops with Rae. On our showings so far this season, I have no confidence in him, so I wonder if the players will have. He doesn't seem to have the first clue what he is doing.

What we watched out there this afternoon was no better than we witnessed under Murray, who arguably had a poorer squad (albeit he chose them).

Well that was absolutely grim, Hibs won't have an easier all season,

Alex Rae needs to realise that 442 doesn't work anymore, not with a flat midfield anyway. I actually feel sorry for Hutton, him and Mallan are on a Hiding each week as they will be outnumbered in every game,

Hardie needs to start every week, he's the only striker that has a bit of pace and good movement, in fact, for me Shankland is the odd man out, Sutton is better in the air than him and Clarkson is much more of a grafter.

If Ben Gordon doesn't get a game ahead of Jack Baird then let's just pay out his contract right now and let him get on with his career somewhere else.

Also our kick offs are absolutely embarrassing. Rae should be f**king ashamed that he thinks that's acceptable

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

That was brutal. No leadership, no direction, no shape to the team.  Bitterly disappointing after a hint of pre-season optimism.

The players have to shoulder their share of the blame, but the buck definitely stops with Rae. On our showings so far this season, I have no confidence in him, so I wonder if the players will have. He doesn't seem to have the first clue what he is doing.

What we watched out there this afternoon was no better than we witnessed under Murray, who arguably had a poorer squad (albeit he chose them).

The NFL isnae' shite.

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Positive talk from Rae been working on our shape all week. A game where the head says Hibs while the heart says Saints. Nothing new there then.

Jesus if that's him working on it i fear even more for our place in this league!

We are a limp dick of a team just now, but without the balls

Sadly this dysfunctional pish is just the latest in a flaccid attempt to get a happy finish.

Ffs stiffen up St Mirren, otherwise we are relegation bitches this season.

More shite.

Buck stops team wise with Rae and like a few others all I see is a simmering psycho, with no plan. I'm already thinking the unthinkable, even by our gash standards over the last few years.

Fitzpatrick and Scott better have words, or a plan and manage this.

More than just the players must get their wages earned here.

Hopeless start to the season so far, utterly hopeless.

42 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Hibs are not a great team on what l saw today. They strolled through the game helped by the two early gift wrapped goals we obviously felt they needed to help them settle. The ironic cheers and applause in 83 minutes for clarksons shot summed up our ineptitude. I cannot believe we are no further forward on the evidence of last six games than two seasons ago. Woeful.

In all fairness, it was difficult to say how good or bad Hibs are as our players might as well have been in the stands with the amount time of time they stood about watching Hibs pass the ball about. 

Every single person that was on that pitch in a St Mirren strip should be paying their wages to charity this week.

Rotten stuff. Rae needs to turn this round quickly, if we lose next week it's looking very grim. Pandering to the idiots in our support and changing the goalkeeper looked a bad idea, and it was as he was at fault for both goals. Tired of talking about the midfeild as well. We basically have a one man midfeild at the moment, Hutton. He's the only guy making a tackle, covering players and trying to move into space. Rae needs to find a solution to this and help the guy out. If we can't sign another midfielder then he needs to try something else, even if that is something like Clarkson or Irvine in there. Right now Mallan, Walsh and Morgan are a waste of a jersey. There is no support for the defence or the attack . The midfield is the root of all our problems right now, unless that gets sorted out we are f**ked.

We are getting worse as the weeks go by. An insipid display and some awful defending. 82 minutes before a shot on target. Only one shot in the first half and that was more likely to trouble the seagulls. We NEED to find a decent holding midfielder to free up our more adept footballers and find a way to get any forward on the park involved. But. From that display today we need to shore up our defence as well.

That was serious relegation stuff from us today.

Absolutely terrible performance. No pass marks for anyone today, we look disjointed all over the pitch.

Special mention to Kyle Hutton, he's probably one of the worst central midfielders I've ever seen at saints, to think we let Jim go to replace him with that f**kwit is truly baffling! I actually would prefer Carswell than Hutton and that's saying something. He leaves QoS and they've had a great start to the season, coincidence?

Not sure where we go from here but we need to get a grip and quickly.

1 hour ago, ronaldo said:

That comment applies to every player in the saints tops, guys with the big billing on decent money playing like they don't give a shit

Thank f*ck the shower of shite players dont play in St Mirren Tops.

That would be scandalous and disgrace to our stripes.

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Just keep him off and use him as a ballboy or send him back to Aberdeen.

Unfit diddy

Utter pish to be fair. Shankland is a good player it's our manger and his tactics, or lack of that are not helping. I think it's also fair to presume that many of the players aren't buying in to what Rae is  "trying to do".

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Was there not a week when Tommy Craig's team worked on crossing and shooting and failed to get a shot on target in their next game?

Of course! Hence the reason, to quote Faraway Saint, we're having to "change managers every 3 games".

13 minutes ago, shull said:

Just keep him off and use him as a ballboy or send him back to Aberdeen.

Unfit diddy

He certainly looks to have put the weight on again. No excuse for a young sportsman to have fluctuations in his weight. Not even an injury lay-off to hold up as an excuse.

In fairness, though, was the ball crossed to him once this afternoon. Did anyone cross the ball at any point during the game? I feel more for Sutton, though. He will score with a decent standard of supply.

In contrast to Murray, Rae stands gesticulating throughout the game, but that doesn't disguise the fact all the shouting and arm-waving seems to be having very little positive effect.

This feels like de javu following on from our inept showings at the start of last season. f**king rubbish!

Edited by Drew
Typo