Beat The Chairman And Get Free Entry

1 hour ago, Stu said:

If you beat him you get one ticket. If you don't, you get two.

I'm here all week. Try the fish. Tip your waitress.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

It's a swizz. No supporter can beat him as Alex Rae has instructed the fans not to overlap the chairman.

I'm here all week and a wee bit of next week.

Praying for September.......

Wonder how much it would cost to simply hire an Olympic athlete for the race and then get them to give me the ticket.

If it's around a tenner this might work out well.

Right. Is ANYONE on here an Olympic athlete willing to run this race for a tenner?

I'm willing to post proof of funds on this forum.

Edited by oaksoft

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Wonder how much it would cost to simply hire an Olympic athlete for the race and then get them to give me the ticket.

If it's around a tenner this might work out well.

Right. Is ANYONE on here an Olympic athlete willing to run this race for a tenner?

I'm willing to post proof of funds on this forum.

Olympic athletes might be a bit busy on Sunday. Give your tenner to me and I'll have a go instead.

How about , any saints fan participating with any Saints top old or new can have a ticket ? Seeing as we have over 3,000 empty seats and even after giving you a ticket to a game you were already probably going to will still have over 3,000 empty seats ?

Community club gesture or Ego trip ?

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

How about , any saints fan participating with any Saints top old or new can have a ticket ? Seeing as we have over 3,000 empty seats and even after giving you a ticket to a game you were already probably going to will still have over 3,000 empty seats ?

Free PR.

Dont underestimate its value.

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Or a bit of publicity for the club, that we wouldn't normally get in the press.

My son is a sub 40 minute athlete and is doing this race. He's a season ticket holder but saw the challenge and wanted to take it on. Funnily enough the entry website for the Paisley 10k is closed - it may even have been closed by the time the press reported this story which would be a bit cheeky. However Scottish Athletics members can still enter. 

Publicity is great, but one newspaper picks up on us running a 'wear your Saints top' promotion when you cannae' even buy a new Saints top? Great publicity that would be. Let's be honest, GLS should be pictured wearing the current shirt. He's the bloomin' Chairman.

JD Sports - fcuking clusterfcuk.

12 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

My son is a sub 40 minute athlete and is doing this race. He's a season ticket holder but saw the challenge and wanted to take it on. Funnily enough the entry website for the Paisley 10k is closed - it may even have been closed by the time the press reported this story which would be a bit cheeky. However Scottish Athletics members can still enter. 

Entry is still open, think it closes at 12noon on Friday (still deciding whether or not to enter myself): http://www.sportsystems.co.uk/ss/event/Paisley10KRoadRacewithFunRun2016

Confusingly, if you put Paisley 10k into Google the first two results are for the 2014 and 2015 races respectively. Guessing that's what might have happened with your son - happened to me when I just went to see if entries were indeed closed.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Publicity is great, but one newspaper picks up on us running a 'wear your Saints top' promotion when you cannae' even buy a new Saints top? Great publicity that would be. Let's be honest, GLS should be pictured wearing the current shirt. He's the bloomin' Chairman.

JD Sports - fcuking clusterfcuk.

Totally agree and it was the first thing I thought of, as he was wearing last year's strip.

However, I reckon they've got bigger fish to fry than comment on our shit strip situation.

Naw he's no ;) but he's not far away...,

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Entry is still open, think it closes at 12noon on Friday (still deciding whether or not to enter myself): http://www.sportsystems.co.uk/ss/event/Paisley10KRoadRacewithFunRun2016

Confusingly, if you put Paisley 10k into Google the first two results are for the 2014 and 2015 races respectively. Guessing that's what might have happened with your son - happened to me when I just went to see if entries were indeed closed.

Yep that's probably the case Stu. I took his word for it but he's not the smartest....