Beat The Chairman And Get Free Entry

4 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

My son is a sub 40 minute athlete and is doing this race. He's a season ticket holder but saw the challenge and wanted to take it on. Funnily enough the entry website for the Paisley 10k is closed - it may even have been closed by the time the press reported this story which would be a bit cheeky. However Scottish Athletics members can still enter. 

3 hours ago, markovanhaddock said:

Naw he's no ;) but he's not far away...,

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yep that's probably the case Stu. I took his word for it but he's not the smartest....

So your son is a liar and he is a bit intellectually challenged?

Cant think who that reminds me of.......:lol:

17 hours ago, saltcoatsbuddie said:

so as a season ticket holder ,what do I get for beating him ,a free ticket for a seat I have already paid for ,who helped organise this farce ,,,has fans council written all over it

You get to wait at the finish line for him completing the course so you can raise your issue in person.

Drove past some of the runners on my way to Sunday worship. Our chairman appeared to have one of the new brand new home tops which aren't on sale to fans yet. Was the joint announcement with JD Sports for the launch date not going to be announced soon according to the club's official twitter account a week or two ago?

14 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Drove past some of the runners on my way to Sunday worship. Our chairman appeared to have one of the new brand new home tops which aren't on sale to fans yet. Was the joint announcement with JD Sports for the launch date not going to be announced soon according to the club's official twitter account a week or two ago?

I would assume the Chairman would have borrowed any one of the unused Tops from yesterday 

.Apart from the Goalies, any jersey would have done the job.

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

My son completed it in 42 minutes or at least so he tells me (before markovanhaddock corrects me again). His time might have been better if the race organisers hadn't told him the nearest legal place to park his car was at Asda Govan....:rolleyes: 

If you had split that infantile rant into 17 posts I might have thought Shull had hacked your account.

Edited by stlucifer

On 21 August 2016 at 8:36 PM, Stuart Dickson said:

My son completed it in 42 minutes or at least so he tells me (before markovanhaddock corrects me again). His time might have been better if the race organisers hadn't told him the nearest legal place to park his car was at Asda Govan....:rolleyes: 

From what you have told us I am just surprised he turned up safely with his pants on the right way.

What a family.........

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/08/2016 at 8:37 PM, markovanhaddock said:

This is my wee blog on the race if anyone interested. Black and White town – Paisley 10k 2016. | markgallmac
https://markgallmac.wordpress.com/2016/08/22/black-and-white-town-paisley-10k-2016/

Good read. How hilly/slopey is the course? The following week I did Dumfries 10k which, aside from a bit that goes up a hill then straight back down, is flat as it's along the river. My time on that was faster than the chairman's in Paisley (nowhere near yours though!) so just wondering how they compare. Had been thinking of doing Paisley but not a great fan of running if they don't like you wearing headphones so did Linwood Parkrun that weekend instead.

Edited by Stu