This is why we should stop "White-Knighting" people

oaksoft

"The council alleges that she "allowed an incorrect temperature to be recorded" on 29 December 2014 and intended to conceal from Public Health England staff that she had a temperature higher than 38C."

If her temperature was measured when she landed how did she manage to allow "an incorrect temperature to be recorded"?

Paracetamol acts as an antipyretic (reduces body temperature) & by taking it (& not declaring she had taken it) she knowingly deceived the Public Health folk as the temperature recorded was not a true picture due to being chemically altered.

By doing so, she endangered public health & will do well to get off with a big slap on the wrist. She'll need to have some convincing story to avoid being struck off.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2016 at 4:44 PM, oaksoft said:

FFS. Just FFS. :angry:

When we routinely "white-knight" people we encourage all manner of attention seeking bastard to do stuff like this which risks the lives of ordinary people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37121505

Ohh the irony. Your ivory tower must be wobbling.

Innocent to proven guilty is your normal sanctimonious stance yet you condemned the poor women before you knew the facts. 

Are you now going to congratulate her for the work she undertook to try and save lives of those misfortune while putting her own life at risk. 

Edited by Gruffalo
pour spelin

1 hour ago, Gruffalo said:

Ohh the irony. Your ivory tower must be wobbling.

Innocent to proven guilty is your normal sanctimonious stance yet you condemned the poor women before you knew the facts. 

Are you now going to congratulate her for the work she undertook to try and save lives of those misfortune while putting her own life at risk. 

I certainly will not.

She put peoples' lives at risk in this country for her own benefit.
She certainly did that. No doubt about it. She also did it for her own publicity. No doubt about that either - the woman was writing articles for the Scotsman before and after she flew out there. This vanity trip resulted in her bringing back ebola into the UK. No doubt about that either. She could easily have transmitted that to others. If one of your kids had caught it form her you would be singing a different tune. There's no doubt about that either.

Our country is full of these people trying to "validate" their worth by chucking a handful of weeks work at some poor Africans and then coming back home convinced they have saved the world. So much so that the word "voluntouring" was created to describe them perfectly. You could also call them "CV fillers". I am sure the Africans have their own word for this type of person. I know from people who have lived there that voluntourists are a f**king pain in the arse. They are usually white and they swan around places like Africa, digging wells but actually achieving the square root of nothing because they never think to actually ask the Africans what help they need.

TBH I am struggling to understand your point here.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I certainly will not.

She certainly did that. No doubt about it. She also did it for her own publicity. No doubt about that either - the woman was writing articles for the Scotsman before and after she flew out there. This vanity trip resulted in her bringing back ebola into the UK. No doubt about that either. She could easily have transmitted that to others. If one of your kids had caught it form her you would be singing a different tune. There's no doubt about that either.

Our country is full of these people trying to "validate" their worth by chucking a handful of weeks work at some poor Africans and then coming back home convinced they have saved the world. So much so that the word "voluntouring" was created to describe them perfectly. You could also call them "CV fillers". I am sure the Africans have their own word for this type of person. I know from people who have lived there that voluntourists are a f**king pain in the arse. They are usually white and they swan around places like Africa, digging wells but actually achieving the square root of nothing because they never think to actually ask the Africans what help they need.

I've taken the bait.

She went out to Africa and risked her life to save others and almost paid for it with her life. 

WTF have you ever done for your fellow humans that trumps that?

This is the guy who slates the mentality of the people in Scotland for stifling ambition, denouncing drive and commitment, and denigrating others who don't simply 'conform'.

This woman is undoubtedly not without her flaws, but she put herself out there and done something to try to make a positive impact on the lives of others. Did she have a broader agenda? Perhaps. That applies to almost every one of us - no doubt the bold oaksoft included - as we go about our daily lives, make decisions, and take different directions.

He really is unravelling at an astonishing rate recently. Such is his self-inflicted implosion, I reckon he has been taking life tips from the Scottish Labour Party.

Edited by Drew
Typo

2 hours ago, smcc said:

If you had read the report and findings of the tribunal before you fired your broadside you would not have made such a fool of yourself. I have finally given up reading your pompous rantings and now have you on ignore.

It's a free world so fill your boots.

Why on earth you think I care is beyond me. Either ignore my posts or don't. I believe I will survive.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

This is the guy who slates the mentality of the people in Scotland for stifling ambition, denouncing drive and commitment, and denigrating others who don't simply 'conform'.

This woman is undoubtedly not without her flaws, but she put herself out there and done something to try to make a positive impact on the lives of others. Did she have a broader agenda? Perhaps. That applies to almost every one of us - no doubt the bold oaksoft included - as we go about our daily lives, make decisions, and take different directions.

He really is unravelling at an astonishing rate recently. Such is his self-inflicted implosion, I reckon he has been taking life tips from the Scottish Labour Party.

This isn't about meltdowns.

This is about how people have a problem with those who have different opinions and how they react.

Your gut instinct is to make verbal attacks. Fair enough.

FFS. Just FFS. :angry:

When we routinely "white-knight" people we encourage all manner of attention seeking bastard to do stuff like this which risks the lives of ordinary people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37121505

Seriously you sound so out of touch with humanity on many different levels. We're you in the SS in a past life ? Anyone needing help should be exterminated also those who are willing to help other be it health , food banks or whatever.

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I certainly will not.

You know all this for a fact or is it just your opinion. 

She went out to a crisis country to assist in doing some good with the full knowledge of the risks involved out of vanity. So after 16 years of being a nurse she watched the TV only to think "ohh i'll have a bit of that for my CV. Ebola will put me right in the publics mind". Your right she should have stayed at home and treated you.

Based on you attitude we should disband all charities that work around the world as they are full of people out to embellish their CV.