The Sunderland A-Z Thread & Edinburgh Zoo

FAO Mr Dickson
I am a member of the Fans Council and I do not get a pass nor do any other council members. I also work for the club on a match day and do not have nor can I can't get a pass for any car park. So Mr Dickson can you please tell me where you get the info that we have all passes.....or can you please tell me how to get one.

FAO Mr Murray

Since you're the first one to bite can you please do what you're supposed to do and raise the issue of car parking and shoddy customer service with the club. I neither know or care whether being on the fan Council gets you a parking permit or not. But I do care about the frustrations of my son and of many other St Mirren and Hibs fans yesterday who found it extremely difficult to park legally around the stadium and who were refused entry to the car park despite there clearly being a plethora of spaces.

Thank you.

I usually Park as near to the top of Murray St as I can, but yesterday a length of about 30 yards was coned off. A very jolly parking attendant fellow explained the reason as I walked up having parked all of 20 yards further down. He helpfully confirmed that I was fine where I was.  It didn't seem to me to be too much of a hassle.

Where were people getting tickets for parking?

Edited by Drew

12 hours ago, Sonny said:

Since the stadium opened I have parked in Ferguslie Park Ave next to the car park entrance. Most weeks there no times on the no waiting poles for match times. But sometimes there are but up until today no-one has been ticketed. After 7 years of allowing parking the police and the club should have warned supporters that they were now going to issue tickets. The problem this season is using the Club parking for airport customers. At 2pm when I arrived to-today Ferguslie park ave was full on both sides of the road. Goodness knows where people parked today. On a side note at full time a minibus was allowed entry into the car park as supporters streamed out. The minibus deposited its holidaymakers then left while supporters' cars were still waiting to leave. Obviously holidaymakers are more important than season ticket holders.

The club issued the tickets :lol:  and should have told the fans  :lol:  Since when were they in charge of the roads around the ground ? They are plenty of places to park, problem is fans are to f**ken lazy to walk 5 mins to the ground.

Just now, renfrew said:

The club issued the tickets :lol:  and should have told the fans  :lol:  Since when were they in charge of the roads around the ground ? They are plenty of places to park, problem is fans are to f**ken lazy to walk 5 mins to the ground.

Try reading my post again slowly. I have parked in the same place for 7 years where there are signs up about restricted parking but which have never been enforced. If the authorities decided to now enforce parking restrictions then either they OR the Club should have informed the public that this was about to happen. Absolutely nothing to do with distance from the ground.

And nothing to do with the club. What give you the impression the RDC road department would tell the club ?  The facts you and other fans have got away with it for 7 years does not matter, you/others broke the rules and got caught.

Same thing happened at Love Street with the long 'island area' in the road leading down Inchinnan Road. For donkeys years folk parked two-cars wide on it without seemingly causing any issues, then out of the blue, everyone parking on it got ticketed... then after a couple of games of it being empty, everyone parked on it again.

All we ask for is consistency. Those cars weren't a yellow card offence last season, now they're being booked for simulation.

And nothing to do with the club. What give you the impression the RDC road department would tell the club ?  The facts you and other fans have got away with it for 7 years does not matter, you/others broke the rules and got caught.

This is true. It's a scenario that's been waiting to happen. If you like a cash cow waiting to be milked. What is different this season is that St Mirren have now also severely restricted the number of parking spaces inside the car park.

In truth my biggest problem with this whole issue was the Car Parking Attendant being either incapable or unwilling to direct those to streets where local, legal parking could be attained. Directing fans to Asda Linwood has to be seen as an utter joke surely.

The issue of the parking restrictions should be being taken up with the council too. Why is it OK to park in those streets every other day or evening of the year but when St Mirren are at home they need those streets clear? And if there is a safety issue why was it the restrictions weren't enforced when the club was in the premiership and why aren't offending cars being towed away?

People who correctly displayed disabled badges should not have been ticketed unless 1. they were causing an obstruction or 2. there were no loading signs displayed along with yellow markings on the kerb. In Scotland disabled drivers can generally park on single or double yellows without limit of time as long as as they don't flaunt the above two conditions. I say "generally" because there are exceptions, Ayr town centre and Helensburgh waterfront being examples where you have to display your wee "clock" with your arrival time and if you stay beyond the time allowed you might get a ticket.

Try reading my post again slowly. I have parked in the same place for 7 years where there are signs up about restricted parking but which have never been enforced. If the authorities decided to now enforce parking restrictions then either they OR the Club should have informed the public that this was about to happen. Absolutely nothing to do with distance from the ground.

If it was on the yellow line where the signs had a blank space telling you when the next game was, you should appeal your ticket. The restriction is not defined correctly so I would imagine you'd have a good chance of winning the appeal.

5 hours ago, aldo_j said:

The cars that got tickets were parked on double yellow lines and the corner of a junction. Deservedly so.

There are countless places to park only a minute or two walk from Greenhill road so it's hardly the two page, Sunderland wankfast that this has become.

oh aye, GLS. Can you clean aw thst burd shite from the bottom of Well St tae.

There are no double yellows in that area. It is single yellows with restriction signs, the same as it is throughout most of the area. 

I'm uncomfortable with well meaning people being fined their hard earned for assuming that they could park in the same place that they always park, without checking restriction signs that have been perennially blank. 

To fine people on the first day smacks of profiteering. Even the notorious Glasgow bus lane camera racket had a grace period before they started fining people.

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

FAO Mr Murray

Since you're the first one to bite can you please do what you're supposed to do and raise the issue of car parking and shoddy customer service with the club. I neither know or care whether being on the fan Council gets you a parking permit or not. But I do care about the frustrations of my son and of many other St Mirren and Hibs fans yesterday who found it extremely difficult to park legally around the stadium and who were refused entry to the car park despite there clearly being a plethora of spaces.

Thank you.

Makes dubious allegation.

Has dubious allegation proven to be bullshit.

Changes the subject.

Great that Donald Trump has taken time out of his campaigning to pay the forum a visit.

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt, this was aimed at the club's most infamous "customer" rather than anyone else.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Makes dubious allegation.

Has dubious allegation proven to be bullshit.

Changes the subject.

Great that Donald Trump has taken time out of his campaigning to pay the forum a visit.

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt, this was aimed at the club's most infamous "customer" rather than anyone else.

Awww. thanks. Donald Trump has got better hair than me, but I'm not insulted by the comparison. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Seriously Stuart, what on earth is wrong with you and your son?

I have heard of such a stupid family in all my life.

I've already told you about my son. He's a graduate....poor soul. 

However, tell me, do you think it's good business to tell your customers, new, old or visiting, that the nearest legal place to park to the stadium is Asda Linwood? Do you not think that the club should at the very least furnish the car park attendants, who are turning cars away, with some local knowledge so they can provide good customer service? 

19 hours ago, Sonny said:

Since the stadium opened I have parked in Ferguslie Park Ave next to the car park entrance. Most weeks there no times on the no waiting poles for match times. But sometimes there are but up until today no-one has been ticketed. After 7 years of allowing parking the police and the club should have warned supporters that they were now going to issue tickets. The problem this season is using the Club parking for airport customers. At 2pm when I arrived to-today Ferguslie park ave was full on both sides of the road. Goodness knows where people parked today. On a side note at full time a minibus was allowed entry into the car park as supporters streamed out. The minibus deposited its holidaymakers then left while supporters' cars were still waiting to leave. Obviously holidaymakers are more important than season ticket holders.

Seen that, and the steward had a wee blether with the driver,  then allowed him to reverse and drive out while people were walking out, not only that holidaymakers were loading their suitcases into their cars while cars were leaving. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I've already told you about my son. He's a graduate....poor soul. 

However, tell me, do you think it's good business to tell your customers, new, old or visiting, that the nearest legal place to park to the stadium is Asda Linwood? Do you not think that the club should at the very least furnish the car park attendants, who are turning cars away, with some local knowledge so they can provide good customer service? 

Having sided with you originally, I'm now calling bullshit on your story. Regardless of distance, it wouldn't be legal to park at Asda for the football as you'll surely get a ticket for parking there and not being a customer (let's leave aside whether or not that in itself is legal).

Your tales remind me of the nonsense politicians come out with about meeting people who conveniently tell them a story that slots perfectly into the following day's speech.

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

Having sided with you originally, I'm now calling bullshit on your story. Regardless of distance, it wouldn't be legal to park at Asda for the football as you'll surely get a ticket for parking there and not being a customer (let's leave aside whether or not that in itself is legal).

Your tales remind me of the nonsense politicians come out with about meeting people who conveniently tell them a story that slots perfectly into the following day's speech.

So you are saying the car park attendant was advising him to park illegally. This gets worse and worse. And St Mirren a fan owned club. I hope someone can sort it out. 

So you are saying the car park attendant was advising him to park illegally. This gets worse and worse. And St Mirren a fan owned club. I hope someone can sort it out. 

I'm saying you are fabricating the story, an allegation I admit will come as a shock to many users of this forum.

3 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

It's not my story. If you read back I wasn't at the game. However I have no reason to doubt the word of my son. 

& yet you said this about him only a few days ago " Lying bastard - no dinner for him tonight "

oops !! :lol :lol :lol

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

& yet you said this about him only a few days ago " Lying bastard - no dinner for him tonight "

oops !! :lol :lol :lol

You back? Have you covered the walk from the Stadium of Light to Sunderland Town yet? It shouldn't have taken you this long. I told one of my Mackem mates about you tonight. Even cut and pasted some of your posts. He asked me to ask you if there is an airport where you live, cause he reckons only a Geordie could be that f**king thick. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Stuart Dickson