Rae begone

28 minutes ago, Drew said:

I could hardly disagree with that, but I thought Murray was a decent appointment, so what do I know.

I think it is a bit too easy for us to call on the BoD to replace a manager without having to shoulder any responsibility for who they choose and how it plays out.

The only appointment I slated from the off was Craig. It was a lazy, unimaginative, and cheap option. I wasn't bowled over by Rae's appointment, but was generally satisfied by his showing last season. For me, it is far too early to now expect the new BoD to weild the axe.

As I've said, Rae has looked absolutely clueless so far this season, but he will have to be afforded time to turn things around. I can't see any reasonable alternative.

Sensible post.

I disagree however, Rae seems to have missed out on the last 15 years of tactical evolution.

As Poz says, we dont need to find the next Pep, we just need someone that can get the team to do the f**king basics.  Someone like Houston SHOULD be easy enough to find.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Sensible post.

I disagree however, Rae seems to have missed out on the last 15 years of tactical evolution.

As Poz says, we dont need to find the next Pep, we just need someone that can get the team to do the f**king basics.  Someone like Houston SHOULD be easy enough to find.

Perhaps.

Put it this way, while I'm not calling for his head, as things stand, I wouldn't be too distraught if he headed for the exit.

You boys can sit n sing yir daydream believer, Rajamaki songs as long as u want, won't change that Rae is not a football manager. The trick is to see that early, not let things fester - I already know of people wanting to cancel £12 subscriptions.

Rae has assembled a completely unbalanced squad - No need to have 4 central defenders in such a small squad.  We have 4 strikers, 5 if you were to include Gallacher who could play as an attacker.  Only 3 central midfielders and not one of them is a ball winner.  His poorly thought out squad leaves him with little options to change his tactics.

Not surprised this thread has been started, half expected it last week.

Can certainly see why people are wanting him out. This summer was the first preseason we were going into without a brand new manager in 3 years. Rae really had since about February when it was clear we weren't getting relegated or promoted to plan for this season.

Despite this, he made an absolute mess of his summer dealings. He let 3 central midfielders go (Carswell, Goodwin and Agnew) and replaced them with 1 (Hutton). He showed too much loyalty to players who contributed to our failures last year. The likes of Webster, Shankland, Clarkson and Gallagher simply shouldn't have been retained. They were, and they're making the same mistakes they did last season.

His summer recruitment has been slap dash at best. It now looks like he's going to ship out Gordon without him playing a game, a shocking waste of club money. He is having to do that because he signed too many centre halves and not enough centre mids and to bring in another midfielder he needs to get someone off the wage bill. That's all his fault, and he will know this. He will know he's made a right mess of things and as a direct result we are seeing the poor performances on the park.

In saying all that, do I think he should be sacked on Monday? No, of course not, that would be ridiculous.

In his defence we have had a pretty difficult start to the season. All three league games have been against teams who finished above us last season.

The two teams who have beaten us - Raith and Hibs - both sit clear at the top of the league with 3 wins from 3. We got a scrappy draw with Morton and our only other game against fellow second tier opponents was Ayr in the cup, which we won. However, it's still clearly a poor start.

This poor start makes our next 4 league games even more vital for Rae than they should have been. They are:

27/8 Ayr (a)
10/9 QOTS (h)
17/9 Dumbarton (a)
24/9 Dunfermline (a)

Whereas our opening games were all against teams who finished above us last season, our next four games are all against teams who finished below us. We simply must pick up wins in these games, we should be aiming for at least 7 points from those matches.

If we are still looking for our first win after the Dunfermline game, I think he should and will go.

I have rarely attended a home match where the atmosphere was so bizarre.This was a truly horrible inept display.Yes Hibs are a decent side but are hardly unbeatable.They had a goalkeeper who was second choice at Raith two former Saints and couple of players who came through youth system about ten years ago viz Hanlon and Stevenson.We were absolutely shocking no fight no character no shape all over the place giving the opponents yards of space.This is in many ways is down to our management team who have contrived to assemble a truly unbalanced squad. I personally would not give this manager any more time.I have to say also that our fitness levels looked way off.No excuse for that given the facilities we have.i would be tempted to sound out John Hughes given he is looking for work after his successful time at ICT? It was truly embarrassing when us in the Main Stand cheered at our first goal attempt in the 84th minute.MY feeling is that Rae has lost the dressing room and change must be made now.I am hugely depressed at this display today I doubt our management and players feel the same.

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

Can certainly see why people are wanting him out. This summer was the first preseason we were going into without a brand new manager in 3 years. Rae really had since about February when it was clear we weren't getting relegated or promoted to plan for this season.

Despite this, he made an absolute mess of his summer dealings. He let 3 central midfielders go (Carswell, Goodwin and Agnew) and replaced them with 1 (Hutton). He showed too much loyalty to players who contributed to our failures last year. The likes of Webster, Shankland, Clarkson and Gallagher simply shouldn't have been retained. They were, and they're making the same mistakes they did last season.

His summer recruitment has been slap dash at best. It now looks like he's going to ship out Gordon without him playing a game, a shocking waste of club money. He is having to do that because he signed too many centre halves and not enough centre mids and to bring in another midfielder he needs to get someone off the wage bill. That's all his fault, and he will know this. He will know he's made a right mess of things and as a direct result we are seeing the poor performances on the park.

In saying all that, do I think he should be sacked on Monday? No, of course not, that would be ridiculous.

In his defence we have had a pretty difficult start to the season. All three league games have been against teams who finished above us last season.

The two teams who have beaten us - Raith and Hibs - both sit clear at the top of the league with 3 wins from 3. We got a scrappy draw with Morton and our only other game against fellow second tier opponents was Ayr in the cup, which we won. However, it's still clearly a poor start.

This poor start makes our next 4 league games even more vital for Rae than they should have been. They are:

27/8 Ayr (a)
10/9 QOTS (h)
17/9 Dumbarton (a)
24/9 Dunfermline (a)

Whereas our opening games were all against teams who finished above us last season, our next four games are all against teams who finished below us. We simply must pick up wins in these games, we should be aiming for at least 7 points from those matches.

If we are still looking for our first win after the Dunfermline game, I think he should and will go.

Zzzzzzzzz.........

Support?

Please define?

If you think, and I've spoken to 2 people today who have been to every game this season, that the level of shite that is thrown at the manager is support I suggest you try checking on how other teams fans "support" their club.

Maybe you'r getting confused with people who "turn up and spew shite" as supporters. <_>
Anyhow, this is the same old shite that our "support" have shown as the immediate reaction for quite some time.

Carry on, nothing will change. 

Your right nothing will change, the team will continue to be shite we will continue to call for the managers head! Why? Because we care, probably a bit to much but it matters to us!

27/8 Ayr (a)
10/9 QOTS (h)
17/9 Dumbarton (a)
24/9 Dunfermline (a)

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Complete and utter Shambles at the moment, yesterday was pathetic.

Rae bangs on about laying a glove on opponents when in reality he just talks the talk.

Well cheers Alex you have completely sapped me from any positive thoughts I had for this season, I dread to think what the rest of the support are feeling.

Whilst I'm not calling for his head yet, I took one look at the lineup on the Facebook feed yesterday on the way to the match, let out a groan and commented to my mate that he's gone 4-4-2 again. 

At that point both of us knew the game was a bogey in terms of us getting a result or a performance. That's genuinely concerning that we, as regular punters, knew exactly how that match would pan out at half past 2 yesterday, yet the guy in charge continues to persist with the same failing, dated tactics. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Whilst I'm not calling for his head yet, I took one look at the lineup on the Facebook feed yesterday on the way to the match, let out a groan and commented to my mate that he's gone 4-4-2 again. 

At that point both of us knew the game was a bogey in terms of us getting a result or a performance. That's genuinely concerning that we, as regular punters, knew exactly how that match would pan out at half past 2 yesterday, yet the guy in charge continues to persist with the same failing, dated tactics. 

Said the same but i went hoping they would prove us wrong as they have many times before

But it went the way we all thought beforehand

It was the lack of fight that concerned me though

You least expect players to give 100% instead of going through the motions

Hibs weren't great yesterday didn't have to be as they were never put under any pressure

They were sloppy at times and other teams would have took advantage of this

Depressingly, I think we are stuck with another season of mid-table mediocrity.

Not necessarily. We're just three games in and this league is a piece of piss if you're well organised.

4-4-2 is naive in the extreme: if he can tweak that, and soon, then we might be alright. Send one of Shankland and Hardie back, bring in a proper DM, switch to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 or whatever it takes to give us an actual midfield and you never know we might be alright.

Or... Flog Mallan and bring in two new midfielders in his place.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

where did you get a mate from lol...........only kidding boab 

Home support was around 3900 when we played Morton compared to 3000 yesterday :(  If that don't tell the manager and the chairman that the product on the pitch is shite then nothing will. When the wee ginger fud Lennon can out smart you on the pitch, you should then know you should just stick to being on BT with the other ex old firm fannies :thumbsdown

I'd definitely wait until MacKenzie and Quinn are both fit at this level you can't afford to lose two key players in the spine of the team.

The players also need to actually get involved and try and work as a unit no matter what the tactical plan is.

Just now, gc_SMFC said:

I'd definitely wait until MacKenzie and Quinn are both fit at this level you can't afford to lose two key players in the spine of the team.

The players also need to actually get involved and try and work as a unit no matter what the tactical plan is.

Maybe, but the tactics are shit which is the cause of the problem. We continually give away possession with most balls from the keeper and back four being an aimless punt up the park which are headed back into our two man midfield to try and win the ball back when we had the ball in the first place.

52 minutes ago, shull said:

Wonder if there is any more dross we could get on loan from Sevco , thanks to Rae's Ibrox connections.

There are too many players with SEVCO connections , not just on loan. If it wasnt for the fact that Farrell is assistant I would have thought there were sinister goings on with Goodwin and Kelly leaving.  I think its just that Rae is Rangers daft which is bad news for us as thats where his connections are. I thought there was a storm over nothing when he sat in with Rangers fans v Cellic but even that is now starting to annoy me.

Guest TPAFKATS

I don't really care who the manager supports.
More concerning for me is our formation doesn't work for the players he puts into it. Also, we are tactically inept.

This is compounded by a severe lack of movement off the ball, no pressing when we aren't in possession and generally not looking as fit as the opposition.

All of which is very concerning at the start of a campaign which already looks like success will be matching last seasons mediocrity.

14 hours ago, melmac said:

You boys can sit n sing yir daydream believer, Rajamaki songs as long as u want, won't change that Rae is not a football manager. The trick is to see that early, not let things fester - I already know of people wanting to cancel £12 subscriptions.

Which is idiocy of the highest order IMO.

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Which is idiocy of the highest order IMO.

Absolutely.

If people joined up on the basis that they would only remain committed if the team are performing well, they have monumentally missed the point of the exercise.

Surely there can't be more than a dozen or so people quite so cretinous, in which case, they won't be missed.