Rae Must Go!

I fear that if we keep this guy we will struggle in the lower end of the table. Today was dire, last week was dire and the game against Morton was a lucky escape. I watched a team today lacking any fight or desire. The tactics are awful. constant long aimless balls that were easily mopped up by a Hibs team who didn't even need to get out of first gear. We have no midfield because the managers tactics are to bypass them and hit long aimless balls that are easily mopped up. The strikers cannot be criticised because they are getting little or no service. During the games so far this season we are second to every ball and look as if we are a yard slower than the opposition. I know we can't see what goes on in the dressing room but the players look as if they don't believe in what Rae is trying to do, and no wonder! We have a new chairman and Fitzy the legend back at the club, please make your mark and get us a manager who plays football that is relevant to this century!

Just now, dr rotund said:

It's probably better than watching Alex Rae trying to destroy any shred of early season optimism that the supporters had with his poor excuse of a team.

It is. It really is... and the season starts in a fortnight. Thank fcuk.

Dr Rotund i actually agree with you. I don't think Gordon Scott will wait as long as Stewart Gilmour did to sack Murray... that was thoroughly depressing to watch today and i can't find any positives from what i've watched so far this season. I fear if we wait too long we effectively write yet another season off.

We are going to get a reputation as a support that do nothing but call for managers to be sacked, but I entirely agree.  This team is even worse than Ian Murray's mob.  Well, much of them are the same mob, thats the first problem.

These first games are just entirely unacceptable, we have absolutely no shape, tactics or any clue what we are doing.

There are good players like Mallan there, a new manager will get more out of them.

Sack Rae on Monday and get an experienced head like Jimmy Calderwood or Jimmy Nicholl in.

Just now, Kemp said:

We are going to get a reputation as a support that do nothing but call for managers to be sacked, but I entirely agree.  This team is even worse than Ian Murray's mob.  Well, much of them are the same mob, thats the first problem.

These first games are just entirely unacceptable, we have absolutely no shape, tactics or any clue what we are doing.

There are good players like Mallan there, a new manager will get more out of them.

Sack Rae on Monday and get an experienced head like Jimmy Calderwood or Jimmy Nicholl in.

Only one way to stop that reputation, get in the right manager and not the cheapest option.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

Only one way to stop that reputation, get in the right manager and not the cheapest option.

Its not a matter of money, just get someone with experience in!  I doubt Craig, Rae or Murray were much cheaper than Nicholl or Big Mixu would set us back.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Its not a matter of money, just get someone with experience in!  I doubt Craig, Rae or Murray were much cheaper than Nicholl or Big Mixu would set us back.

Yeah whatever the reason we need to do it! It's total deja vu from last season, Murray was out his depth and we waited too long to change it. I hope we don't repeat the same mistake.

13 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It's absolutely right to be annoyed but sacking Alex isn't the answer. He needs time to see if he can turn this around. I think he will get time and I also feel he will turn us around

The only way i can see that happening is he sells Mallan and gets a couple of midfielders in

He has made a mess of his squad management and stuck with 4-4-2 with the players available to him

Sadly we continue to be a team of diminishing returns, the slide is stil on. There is surely some kind of bottleneck or structural blind spot with us and our team planning, coaching,  scouting, strategic management. The Craig plan, then the Murray plan, now the Rae plan, what's next and when I wonder ? 

We have been on a three year slide, arguably longer even. The League cup disguised cracks, bought some good will. When compared to other provincial teams we always, always seem to be miles off it in terms of player sell on, player recruitment and hell  getting so form on the field fir a wee while. 

We were comfortably beaten today, it wasn't even edge of the seat stuff, there was nothing. This pattern is now creeping in and becoming the default setting. We are going into to games now with hee haw expectation.

Someone bring the smile and the fun back.

We are unmitigated pish as a club just now, and frankly, as a team , utterly horrible to watch. I cannot see the turn any time soon, that's the biggest concern..........losing  the hope that keeps you returning.

I sat in the pub today, seen the line up, and having been to Raith, watched us get over run by Morton, I decided to walk round to the Anchor and watch it on TV. Left at half time to do a wee pub crawl via some molestation of lions.

I'll never be a fan of Rae's football style or tactics, but to call for his head is laughable.

His contract is up at the end of the season. He has one job. Get us into the top 4. If he fails to do it, he'll lose his job. I'll give him the season.

Rae's made a cockup of his signings. Getting rid of Goodwin without having a decent equivalent? Getting rid of Kelly without having a left sided defender capable of doing the job? Bringing in Sutton when he had already signed Clarkson? 2 strikers who will be like 1 as neither will regularly last a whole game when we are working within a smaller squad? No matter the tactics employed, and I'm not sure the players know what those tactics are, you need the personnel to implement them.

You can ask someone to paint the Sistene Chapel but without the scaffold and brushes you aren't going to get it even whitewashed.

6 hours ago, Tam M said:

I sat in the pub today, seen the line up, and having been to Raith, watched us get over run by Morton, I decided to walk round to the Anchor and watch it on TV. Left at half time to do a wee pub crawl via some molestation of lions.

I'll never be a fan of Rae's football style or tactics, but to call for his head is laughable.

His contract is up at the end of the season. He has one job. Get us into the top 4. If he fails to do it, he'll lose his job. I'll give him the season.

Yup, to a degree, yes, you are right. However a prolonged continuance of the current gash, he'll be out 'before the year end'.

That last bit slays me, out by year end, I think it's been an applicable statement to to our last four managerial regimes. That shows a worrying trend about us as a club, not a team. 

Yup, to a degree, yes, you are right. However a prolonged continuance of the current gash, he'll be out 'before the year end'.

That last bit slays me, out by year end, I think it's been an applicable statement to to our last four managerial regimes. That shows a worrying trend about us as a club, not a team. 

Yes I agree if we look like we're in a battle at the bottom then we'll have no option but to boot him. Hope it doesn't come to that as I'm a bit sick of constantly changing gaffers.

We are not even past August & we have a topic calling for the managers head. What joke and people should be embarrassed asking for Rae's head.

I wasn't a big fan of AR when we appointed him but fair play to him he done us a turn last season and kept us up with games to spare. It's not been an ideal start I agree but much more time needed and deserved

Guest TPAFKATS

Unfortunately it's not a joke and completely expected given how we have started the season.
Personally, I'd wait until the end of the first 9 games, although Ayr next week may have me reviewing that.