Rae Must Go!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Or this week.

He can't.

I'm just concerned that folks are writing off Dumbarton as fodder when they can obviously hold their own.

oops ..yeah this week :rolleyes:

I'm not writing them off as such, I'm saying that if Rae cant look at that game as an opportunity to get some points then I cant see many fixtures he could do it with 

Yes I'm 007 ! Brooke Bond ! IVE not missed a game this year except Raith away . You can't honestly expect a guy to come in and turn things around in less than a year . My pal I go to the games with always says after 6 weeks " the manager needs to go " even he now understands that's been the problem and he can see that AR has a really difficult task . As for Dumbarton game sorry to say it's going to be a tough one for a number of reasons . They are organised and have a manager who sends out the  " we are underdogs " message and plays for draws . Why is it Saints fans think they have a right to walk out of this leauge ! No chance just will not happen until we get some continuity . Your passionate as we all are but I'm sorry but there is just a complete misunderstanding of what these guys have to do to change what's been happening over the last few years . Improving the players who are already at the club takes time , finding others who could do a job won't be easy either but I'm telling you these guys can and will do a good job . As usual panic button is being pressed too quickly . If Alex Rae brings in weak characters I'll be the first to want him out . For too long players at St Mirren have lived off past reputations and done nothing for the cause AR has shown them the door and he's 100 % correct for doing that . We need every player ready to do battle from the kick off . If that means " leaving their foot in " then tough . I don't buy into " Quinn will win the ball and let Mallon play " that's just shit . By the way I think Mallon will improve his all round game under Rae and Farrell Until everybody does a shift then It won't turn round for us . Rae needs time to get players into his way of thinking or he needs to bring in the right type he can't afford 1 below par signing but he will know that . 1 hard fought victory turns it all round .

On 9/11/2016 at 4:14 PM, norrie82 said:

Mid table isn't acceptable in my opinion. Last season yes but look at Queens a team who lost loads of players and a manager yet they beat is at a canter. The sad thing is these days we accept it and it's expected. We're a club in serious decline and this is ongoing. We have had a few management teams unable to halt this unbelievable slump. can Alex turn around this team? I'd imagine he needs more energy in midfield. Mallan shoukd be free to roam but he can't. Hutton is slow, and there's nobody else at present. The team is slow bar Morgan and maybe Hardie. Teams are out running us they have energy and ideas. Sadly Clarkson, Shankland, Sutton,Hutton etc are technically good bu far to easy to mark out of a game

QOTS are playing with confidence after a good start to the season. They drew 1 league game, they lost 1 game 1-0 to Partick Thistle in the group stages have won the rest of their league games and won their first Irn Bru cup game 7-1 and knocked Hibs out the League Cup 3-1 at Easter Road.

6 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

remember I spoke to Rae at under 20s and he said Quinn was 5-6 weeks away ,seems like he brought him back to early out of desperation 

Or perhaps he thought bringing him on with 15 minutes left against Albion Rovers was OK but it was too early to ask him to come into the starting XI against Queen of the South?

We are not just playing poorly Norrie we are playing some of the worst football I have ever seen from a St Mirren team and that is saying something. Hoofball mostly with tactics that are not working and a formation that is not working. Imbalanced squad; players being rank rotten but still being picked; manager blaming everyone but himself; talent that used to shine now being mediocre at best. If there was a list of decent excuses or reasons and some chinks of daylight then give Rae another month or two but I see no improvement whatsoever now from when our season started 10 games ago.

Tony Fitz has always been a good egg, cares about the club and this is exactly what anyone would expect him to come out and say.

However, the management team and the players need to deliver against that loyalty as, no matter what Tony Fitzpatrick says, once you start going back the way in terms of points and performances...other factors will increase the pressure for change .

You don't have to agree with that approach ...but that's football I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints 12 said:

Club legend? Yes but can I believe this from a man who says we will win the SPL by 2019? Tony, we are bottom of the championship and a team all over the place, no pace, no defence and playes appearing shit scared. If we lose on Saturday will he be as upbeat?

4 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Club legend? Yes but can I believe this from a man who says we will win the SPL by 2019? Tony, we are bottom of the championship and a team all over the place, no pace, no defence and playes appearing shit scared. If we lose on Saturday will he be as upbeat?

Aye, if we aren't already the favoured point and laugh material for fans of other clubs in the division, we are in danger of becoming this very soon if we have many more of these interviews from TF.

I can appreciate that he has to be positive and upbeat, but living in a fantasy world isn't what we require from our CEO at this time.

15 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

I got pelters for starting another thread on Alex Rae so I hope it's ok commenting here . Someone suggested I was or thought I was Fergie ! Very good ! I'm only trying to explain that when Alex Rae took over he inherited players who were either :

1 .Not good enough to play at this level 2 . Good potential but not ready to go in and do a Profesional job so need worked on . 3 . 1 or 2 good enough to play at Championship level but with aspirations to play at higher level ( but still need improving ) what will happen is that he will have worked out a while ago the ones who are worth investing his and his staffs time on and the ones who in his opinion just will not do . I'm certain the first thing he will want is that ALL players compete in an aggressive in a controlled manner he just strikes me as a guy who will be hurting far more than any of us are . Unfortunately with football things go from bad to worse then you get a win you don't deserve then a run happens . So what I'm saying is that if you think it's bad it could and possibly will get worse ! But AR and DF I'm certain will turn it round , they are dealing with problems that happen when there has been a massive turnover of managers and players over a short period .

i see GUS McPherson mentioned ! Very strange that I'm being accused of being a " Fergie " and so many who write in here talk about the lack of knowledge AR has ! So were you at the cup final when we got beat by Rangers when it was 11 v 9 ? Now I'm trying no to be an arshole here but GUS couldn't even simply put 2 extra players out in wide positions and play Rangers 9 v 9 so common please . These guys need at least 2 more years in the job . They will turn it round and will improve players but they

( players )need to have the bottle for it because if they don't AR just ain't the type to hang about . By the way no one commented on what I said about Steven Thomson on the telly giving pelters to his team mates ! Just NOT on . I also know 100 % that when he was still playing with us he was playing with us he was smoking outside the pub in Houston ! While I'm paying good money to see him perform ! Just shit ! Can't see AR putting up with that ! So just shows what he was up against when he took on the job .

:rolleyes:

Did they feck Alex... you are delusional

They said 'Hi Alex' as in your Surname Mr Rae.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Good old Tony.

Happily delusional.

Yup, he can't say a bad word about any of our managers. He was still defending Tommy Craig and saying he could turn it round days before he got the boot.

I really hope he has nothing to do with the firing and hiring of managers.

STG BUDDIE , your correct the supporters are The Club and let's face it we are down to the bare bones with regards to numbers actually attending games and everyone who comments here all have something in common we love St Mirren . Agree again , when results are shit then your correct they are correct to voice their discontent and Alex Rae has acknowledged this . My point is that over a number of years now there has been a decline and as someone else said the Cup win coved up some of this . There is no doubt about it stewart gilmour done a great job " spinning plates " and keeping us going but there has been little or even nil continuity so it's now time to understand this . Football is different from other businesses in that to hire and fire players and get it correct takes time . I'll name some names who were allowed to take salaries out of The Club using their past reputation and I do not apologies if I upset anyone . Steven Thomson , on the telly criticising his team mates . Rae has understood that's not on , apart from the fact that Thomson smokes so it's basic stuff that can't be tolerated so he's correctly out . However he was at The Club too long and was clearly in the huff because Gilmour and Co didn't give him the job as player manager and he's been a bad influence on other players  . Jim Goodwin ( who I highly rated ) gave us all a lift when he played but AR has had another tough decision to make here and I feel he's got that one correct also . Garry Teale should have been told " if you can't play leave " he should not have been given the job even on a temporary basis . This was a bad appointment Along with Tommy Craig . So all of a sudden the rot has set in and people get into a " comfort zone " and bad habits  start and it's takes a strong character like Alex Rae to make these tough desicions . The trouble is that it takes time change these habits . We all go to see the team and want them to win but I'm telling you to take a wee look over at the main stand and there is a good number of people in that stand who turn up to see us lose . Not just that they don't even pay to get in ! Don't tell me that Tony Fitzpatrick won't get the job AGAIN ! Another legend just fantastic player and yes should have a role as an ambasidor Within The Club but not as a CE he just does not have the skills for this job compared to the last guy who went to Shrewsbury Town . So you don't think Tony will be appointed if Rae gets the sack ? Do not blame Alex Rae or Davie Farrell for the rot that's set in as this started well before they came but supporters seem to think that within a few months they can create winning mentalities and put in place the good habits that they both must have had  in their careers . At Coatbridge the other week I heard they didn't issue any complimentary tickets to the home team but allowed their parents / friends in for a fiver . I say put an end to giving out free tickets and tea and pies to people who want us to lose ! Or put them over beside us and see how clever they are ! Make these people pay .

Tony always sticks up for the managers wrote that a couple of days ago so no surprise to read this article. Tony if Dumbarton beat us it will be unacceptable that is the bottom line.

Reading between the lines and beyond the "we back the manager" statement, (and we know what usually happens when the hierarchy start spouting that line), I read that Tony believes we have a wealth of experience and no little talent. If that is the case there is but one thing missing. Tictacs.  Or some anagrammatical equivalent.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Reading between the lines and beyond the "we back the manager" statement, (and we know what usually happens when the hierarchy start spouting that line), I read that Tony believes we have a wealth of experience and no little talent. If that is the case there is but one thing missing. Tictacs.  Or some anagrammatical equivalent.

Aye, we have all that "experience and talent" who only lose because of the tactics. :lol:

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

STG BUDDIE , your correct the supporters are The Club and let's face it we are down to the bare bones with regards to numbers actually attending games and everyone who comments here all have something in common we love St Mirren . Agree again , when results are shit then your correct they are correct to voice their discontent and Alex Rae has acknowledged this . My point is that over a number of years now there has been a decline and as someone else said the Cup win coved up some of this . There is no doubt about it stewart gilmour done a great job " spinning plates " and keeping us going but there has been little or even nil continuity so it's now time to understand this . Football is different from other businesses in that to hire and fire players and get it correct takes time . I'll name some names who were allowed to take salaries out of The Club using their past reputation and I do not apologies if I upset anyone . Steven Thomson , on the telly criticising his team mates . Rae has understood that's not on , apart from the fact that Thomson smokes so it's basic stuff that can't be tolerated so he's correctly out . However he was at The Club too long and was clearly in the huff because Gilmour and Co didn't give him the job as player manager and he's been a bad influence on other players  . Jim Goodwin ( who I highly rated ) gave us all a lift when he played but AR has had another tough decision to make here and I feel he's got that one correct also . Garry Teale should have been told " if you can't play leave " he should not have been given the job even on a temporary basis . This was a bad appointment Along with Tommy Craig . So all of a sudden the rot has set in and people get into a " comfort zone " and bad habits  start and it's takes a strong character like Alex Rae to make these tough desicions . The trouble is that it takes time change these habits . We all go to see the team and want them to win but I'm telling you to take a wee look over at the main stand and there is a good number of people in that stand who turn up to see us lose . Not just that they don't even pay to get in ! Don't tell me that Tony Fitzpatrick won't get the job AGAIN ! Another legend just fantastic player and yes should have a role as an ambasidor Within The Club but not as a CE he just does not have the skills for this job compared to the last guy who went to Shrewsbury Town . So you don't think Tony will be appointed if Rae gets the sack ? Do not blame Alex Rae or Davie Farrell for the rot that's set in as this started well before they came but supporters seem to think that within a few months they can create winning mentalities and put in place the good habits that they both must have had  in their careers . At Coatbridge the other week I heard they didn't issue any complimentary tickets to the home team but allowed their parents / friends in for a fiver . I say put an end to giving out free tickets and tea and pies to people who want us to lose ! Or put them over beside us and see how clever they are ! Make these people pay .

Nope, I dont think Tony will get the job if they get sacked ...I really don't...his manager days are gone and , as much as he loves the club , football has moved on and I dont think any of us with a sensible head on would want him in the dugout and he knows that...and I just don't believe folk go to see their own team lose.

I would concede that fans at any club probably get on the teams back too early if things aren't going well.... but that's the same at pretty much every club in the world ? that wont change and to be honest the only way to silence them or block them out under the noise of the rest is to get the other fans on their feet by playing well, scoring goals and winning games....surely that's the way you silence dissenters at any club?

Where were these negative punters last December? January? February?  To be honest I didn't hear them, and I'm sure you didnt either ...why? because results were , on the whole, positive 

Once you have a close season , time to work with that same group...plus your additions and leavers...then the fans ( quite rightly) are going to expect progression, so if there was a 'rot' then when exactly did it set in? The Albion cup game we started with 6 players over 30...is that Rae's vision for the club moving forward? if so then he'd better buy the right over 30 players because if it doesn't work?.... then , not only do we have an ageing team that aren't exactly proving hard to beat right now ...but we've also been left with a squad with limited foundations to build on and one with a very poor relative value?

Like I say , I admire your staunch defence of them and I cant help but think you may have some sort of attachment which is fine by me...but the stark reality is that unless they start getting performances from their squad then there isnt a thing you, I or any other fan can do to secure their future