Rae Must Go!

1 minute ago, El Gingero said:

Don't you think we played better in our last two games? Individual errors are killing us and no Manager can plan for that.

Do you think he is right to persist with 4-4-2?

Was he right to sanction Gordon going on loan when, frankly, the remaining central defenders are all over the place and we need options in there?

Just now, El Gingero said:

Don't you think we played better in our last two games? Individual errors are killing us and no Manager can plan for that.

If i'm being honest we look like a team who are not trying for the manager. Maybe i'm totally wide of the mark but i get the feeling the players don't like him, this is very unprofessional of course but we see it all the time. Are we playing better? perhaps marginally, but we're still dire to watch. How long can we cite individual errors as the problem before we start to question what the manager is doing about it? This is his team playing his tactics.

I don't think the Board will start looking at taking any action in terms of Management Team changes until after the first quarter of the season has been completed. Even then, it may still be unlikely unless a suitable and available replacement has been identified.

Underwhelmed by the Manger's performance to date both in terms of transfer decisions and tactics - but the players have got to give more as well 

Do you think he is right to persist with 4-4-2?

Was he right to sanction Gordon going on loan when, frankly, the remaining central defenders are all over the place and we need options in there?

[

I don't know what our best formation is. In the past when we've played one up top the fans have clamoured for 2 strikers. At the moment the players are lacking a wee bit of confidence as whenever they play a slack pass they get slaughtered by the crowd. Even Morgan was getting pelters yesterday.

As for Gordon - He has never stood out for me as a player as I have watched a bit of Alloa over the last few seasons but if AR brings a midfielder in then that's ok with me.

What have you seen from him this season to suggest he can do that? Genuine question.

In most of the games I have seen and I think I've missed 2 so far, we do seem to have a lack of confidence.

From Hamilton away in the Cup the fans were on the players backs. It's not been pretty but I stand by my opinion that we've been a tad unlucky. We should have scored at least 4 yesterday and then what would the response have been.

I posted about this at the time, but at the 25 minute mark of the first half yesterday, we had an excellent wee passage of play. Mallan and Morgan linking brilliantly on the left, then play was switched and Walsh got a cross in that Mallan just couldn't direct to goal. It was great football, and got a well deserved and rousing round of applause.

The point in bringing this up again, is to indicate that we do have a team who can play a bit of football, if they communicate, are direct, and have a bit of confidence in themselves and each other.

Unfortunately, fleeting glimpses of this isn't enough. It is the job of the manager to direct, nurture, and harness what he has at his disposal. I still maintain that this squad of players is good enough to finish in the top half of the table. Easily good enough.

Something is far wrong when we are still without a win, and struggling to see where it will come from. Responsibility for that ultimately lies with the manager. We all know that, as does the BoD and Alex Rae.

Sadly for us i think Rae is only good at grinding out results like last season which he had to do to keep us safe but there was very few games where we were actually good . Really dont see him as a forward thinking manager who has the tactical nuance or management skills to take us upwards

4 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

In most of the games I have seen and I think I've missed 2 so far, we do seem to have a lack of confidence.

From Hamilton away in the Cup the fans were on the players backs. It's not been pretty but I stand by my opinion that we've been a tad unlucky. We should have scored at least 4 yesterday and then what would the response have been.

If we should have scored 4, Dumbarton could reasonably claim to have been due 6. That's just whatiffery, to be honest.

I didn't hear many players getting pelters yesterday. A few frustrated groans, and the odd WTF type shout, but nothing more than that. That happens in every game, at every stadium in the country.

Confidence won't come with the supporters forcing out a few chants of COYS! Confidence will come with creating chances, scoring and preventing goals, and winning games. 

Rae should not be subjected to abuse.Yes I have disapproved of his tactics and formations etc.Quite frankly we are bottom of the second tier heading for the third tier for the first time ever in our wonderful history.The players are trying but something is badly wrong and I believe it is Rae's lack of man-management skills required in the modern era.For goodness sake we have not managed to beat part time outfits over ninety minutes viz.Dumbarton Ayr and Albion.We couldn't score one goal in the second half against a side who were in the Lowland League that would have given us much needed revenue.Change is required NOW and please do not anyone make any more excuses for an absolute shambles at my beloved football club.Yes and three of the family here will continue our support by way of season tickets and monthly contributions to SMISA?

1 hour ago, El Gingero said:

Did anyone really expect us to be promoted with Hibs and Utd in the division? We need to have 2 pish teams down from the Premiership before we can realistically challenge to go back up.

No i didn't but i didn't expect us rock bottom

I wouldn't say we have been unlucky

We have been honking and still stick to the same style of playing

You say we ain't going up i agree 

You say we ain't going down either,well on show so far got to disagree and i'm sure a lot of us are worried about us heading into the 3rd tier

You can just imagine the guys abusing Rae at the end "f**k off Rae yah f**king *** c**t, f**king dirty orange *** bastard, get tae f**k........ Did you see that! He just smiled at me! Disgraceful!"

They're lucky he didn't decide to come and discuss it face to face. I have a feeling they'd have suddenly remembered an urgent appointment outside the stadium if he had.

12 minutes ago, norman said:

You can just imagine the guys abusing Rae at the end "f**k off Rae yah f**king *** c**t, f**king dirty orange *** bastard, get tae f**k........ Did you see that! He just smiled at me! Disgraceful!"

They're lucky he didn't decide to come and discuss it face to face. I have a feeling they'd have suddenly remembered an urgent appointment outside the stadium if he had.

:lol:

Aye, sad thing is though that we really seem to have our disproportionately high number of throbbers in our support. Abuse and stick , one thing , rough banter, give and take, but the sectarian references and it's ugly baggage, nope. No one deserves to be referenced in that manner. Unfortunately that kind of abuse just makes it easy for me to stay away and keep my kids away from it.

• 3 months later...