Rae Must Go!

6 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

But he continues to play the same players who are making basic mistakes each single game

I said he had to work on the defence as they gifting goals every single week.

So far this season has dropped our 2 goalkeepers (and we've only played 10 games), dropped Naismith, subbed Webster, dropped Baird, moved Irvine from left back to right back and back to left back and now that MacKenzie and Gordon are on the road back from injury they have been brought in as well as Jordan Stewart.

I thought Gus McPherson couldn't take us to the next stage, especially after the final that we don't talk about. I thought Danny Lennon couldn't take us to the next stage.

After Tommy Craig, Gary Teale, Ian Murray and now Alex Rae...

I'd f'king love a manager like Gus or Danny. We f'ked it.

8 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Wait till its toO late you mean. Players have no respect for him that's never going to change. Act now or its league 1

If players have no respect for the appointed St Mirren Manager, then THEY need to change.

All these huffy fans claiming they know how every player feels is amazing...

If anything, as professional players, they should be feeling ashamed first and foremost.

Let's face it the manager addresses our deficiencies up front and you could argue our defence but in midfield we are pathetic. Morgan is the exception. We have no spine in the team no dig in midfield at all. If he had signed a Shug Murray type then I doubt we would be so bad. Our defence is constantly under pressure because teams run through us. Mistakes are happening at the back and the longer this goes on we suffer from lack of confidence. At the end of the day the buck stops at Rae and he should shoulder the blame for not balancing the side with his signings. How long he gets to fix this is debatable but sort it out or stand down.

Edited by Ethan
Mistake

Wait till its to late you mean. Players have no respect for him that's never going to change. Act now or its league 1

Players have no respect in your opinion I disagree. The defence was a bomb scare yesterday. Going forward there was a marked improvement we were unlucky not to score tow more goals. Yes it's not great but I seen green shoots. Rae knows he has problems in defence fix that and we will pick up some points along the way finishing mid table. That's my opinion.

What I fail to understand is how come Alex Rae had 6 months last season to turn the team around and get us out of the position whereby we possibly would be relegated, this he managed to do. This season he made some signings of his own volition and so far managed to get us into a position whereby we we needed extra time to beat ALBION ROVERS and led us to the bottom of the Scottish Championship.

Mid table isn't acceptable in my opinion. Last season yes but look at Queens a team who lost loads of players and a manager yet they beat is at a canter. The sad thing is these days we accept it and it's expected. We're a club in serious decline and this is ongoing. We have had a few management teams unable to halt this unbelievable slump. can Alex turn around this team? I'd imagine he needs more energy in midfield. Mallan shoukd be free to roam but he can't. Hutton is slow, and there's nobody else at present. The team is slow bar Morgan and maybe Hardie. Teams are out running us they have energy and ideas. Sadly Clarkson, Shankland, Sutton,Hutton etc are technically good bu far to easy to mark out of a game

Rae might end up being hoisted by his own petard here; he has made noises about four teams having bigger budgets than us, the inference I take being "don't blame me if we don't make play offs" but I doubt that all other nine championship clubs have bigger budgets than us - so he's going to have come up with a good story as to why we are rock bottom.

This is now his team and he will and should be judged on it. Not sure about the blaming of players in public, especially when there is a reticence to take any of the blame himself. 

4 hours ago, stripey said:

What I fail to understand is how come Alex Rae had 6 months last season to turn the team around and get us out of the position whereby we possibly would be relegated, this he managed to do. This season he made some signings of his own volition and so far managed to get us into a position whereby we we needed extra time to beat ALBION ROVERS and led us to the bottom of the Scottish Championship.

I think the answer is that Alex Rae is an old school shouty manager. That may get a reaction in the short-term, but in the longer term it doesn't work, unless players have confidence in your methods. Rae has made decent signings (apart from Hutton) but he is tactically inept and is poor at organising teams, and the players now realise this. When we lose because of this, his strategy is to blame the players, or say it's my fault because I signed them, effectively telling them his only mistake was to sign them because they are useless, even though most of them did well at other clubs. This leads to players being fearful, and that shows on the pitch. Rae has not got the capability to change, so performances will not change until he leaves. We have deserved to lose every league game this season and I have no confidence we will be able to beat anyone in the league just now. Its a sorry situation, a sorry situation indeed.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Rae has lost the respect of the players.I watched his antics closely from the main stand in trying to get his instructions to the players it just wasn't working.Even at the warm up he strolls around with his hands in pockets letting the taxi driver take over.It is just an absolute mess and things must change NOW? We have in my opinion fairly decent players at this level and Rae just can't get the best from them. I simply don't believe that the likes of Raith and Queens have higher budgets than us as they play to little more than 1200 at their home games.Mr Scott has to act now.

IF things don't turn around and GLS has to replace them both, I look forward to Faz's next blog and or book and how they were doing a great job but a change of ownership at the club and fickle fans coupled with an unlucky injury list lead to their demise.

I'm sure all the things listed in the last 2 posts won't even rate a mention, when quite frankly if this is the best they have, then they are simply not cut out for football management and all the books and blogs in the world won't disguise that.

It's time that supporters get a reality check . The management team that Stewart Gilmour put in place will do a great job . There was every possibility that without them we would have been relegated last year . The problem that Alex Rae and David Farell have is dealing with the last few years of different mentalities in The Club .  Alex Rae is a winner it's easy to see he's trying to instal the same mentality into the players . He's not in a position to go and buy ready made players so he has to improve what he has and he needs and deserves time to do this . Got to say if you pay your money your entitled to your opinion but football does not work as simple as people think . The games we have went behind the players heads have not went down . The Albion Rovers result was just taken as " we should have won against them " and not enough credit given to the fact that 3 of the goals were top class on a crap pitch . How about stop talking rubbish about The Manager appearing on TV . No one said nothing when Steven Thomson was still playing and criticising his own team mates on the telly ! Also about Goodwin ( I was a big fan ) being allowed to leave . Yes he's doing well at Alloa but was finished at Championship Level . If AR goes it's a cert Tony Fitzpatrick will get the job AGAIN ! 

I go with this view that this management team saved us from relegation last season. In fact our stats after they arrived were definitely amongst the top 4 in the league for the period they were in charge. Credit and some slack is due. 

I also was a fan of Jim Goodwin but share the view that he was at or nearing the end of his time at Championship Level. I feel the same about Andy Webster. I agree with others that we are missing Rocco Quinn. He may well be the key to bringing balance back to the side and in releasing Mallan to play in a more forward role. With Quinn in place, it might well be that our back four get a bit more cover as well. 

Do I like looking at our position in the league table? No I don't but as far as I can see we are within 2 or 3 points of jumping up 5,6 or 7 places. Time to hold our nerve I think.

I didn't care which team Alex Ferguson, Alex Smith or Danny Lennon grew up supporting and I don't care which team Alex Rae or his Assistant support(ed) either.

What I do care about is them getting on with the job in hand and start to get the results they and us want.

Edited by St.Ricky

Hilarious Rae is getting stick for "shouting" yet previous managers were slagged off for doing the opposite, as if either approach makes any real difference.

Many successful managers adopt different approaches during the match but don't let that diminish the nit picking deluge that's currently taking place.

Also Rae's connection to Rangers is also feeding the bigotry that many of our supporters have yet still believe that are better than the OF support.