Rae Must Go!

I said I would give Rae 2 more games to improve our position, we are bottom of the league and deservedly so, our performances have been poor, with the exception of 10/20 mins here and there.

Fans are already leaving as we had less than 3k at home, they are not happy with what they are seeing. I want Rae to succeed of course I do, because if he is then it means the team are doing well, however after the first 10 games of the season he doesn't seem to know his starting 11 yet or his best formation and that does not bid well.

17 minutes ago, linwood bud said:

I said I would give Rae 2 more games to improve our position, we are bottom of the league and deservedly so, our performances have been poor, with the exception of 10/20 mins here and there.

Fans are already leaving as we had less than 3k at home, they are not happy with what they are seeing. I want Rae to succeed of course I do, because if he is then it means the team are doing well, however after the first 10 games of the season he doesn't seem to know his starting 11 yet or his best formation and that does not bid well.

Decent summary.

Last season I had some optimism when Rae took over and the results started to improve, the optimism increased close season when the signings made where impressive but I certainly did not expect us to be sitting bottom of the table after 5 games, we are now seeing the cracks appearing in Alex Rae’s poor management skills and the countless excuses, with the latest one being “When I was in charge of Dundee we failed to win any of our opening 5 league games but finished 3rd”, so now beginning to see through him and his weaknesses in fact I would say he is a very similar manager both in tactics and mannerisms as John Brown.

It seems is loyalties are with Sevco and not with St Mirren.

We should try and get  rid of Alex Rae and bring in John Hughes while he is still available as he has said a lot of positive things about St Mirren in the past including most recently when he was manager of ICT when he said many good things about SMFC

Edited by Second Decay

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Can't afford to sack him, I guess it will come down to whether the fans vote with their feet.

How long can we afford to keep him - should we be praying for a dead cat bounce?

I'd still give him till December...........................

Unfortunately , catch 22.  Cant afford to sack him but if we vote with our feet ,less money in kitty to sack him !

St Ricky , great , someone with a bit of savy and you've been looking at the stats and facts I see ! For certain Rae and Farrell will be working their arses off trying to improve the players they have and bringing in new guys . However their task is difficult because they won't find the finished article " free of charge " impossible and just won't happen . So supporters need to understand what the Manager is up against. As for Mallen I can see that he's adding another dimension to his game which has AR written all over it . He's a fantastic talent and to have the confidence to take on that ball first time at Coatbridge last week ON THAT PITCH and put it in the corner like that tells me Rae is giving him freedom to play along with other responsibilities . Not many players in Scotland would have taken on that ball never mind striking it the way he did . Not easy for Webster at times as Jack Baird does not get tight enough to the striker and let him know he's there particularly early in games and on half way line when the score is 0 0 it's too late when your 0 2 down at home controlled aggression must happen from the kick off . Baird is a perfect example of a player Rae and Farrell could improve . He's young but needs to change his mentality Asap to be more aggressive and mark tighter higher up the pitch and let Webster or who ever do their job . Yes Quinn has that bit of aggression that's required so let's hope he stays fit and rubs off on others . Bottom line supporters need to do just that support but understand the whole picture . We are underdogs in this league in terms of funds available so we have nothing to lose . Forget about we were a Premier League side we are now a struggling first division side  Building towards the next 2/3 years , sorry but it's a fact . Get behind the team and management and look at the facts .

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Unfortunately , catch 22.  Cant afford to sack him but if we vote with our feet ,less money in kitty to sack him !

I'm not saying he should be sacked but if the chairman and board think he should be ousted, it's up to them to somehow find the money. Chanting the old  'no money' mantra ad nauseam gets on my goat. I'm like a lot of our fans in that I was cautiously optimistic at the start of the season. Now I fear the worst. We all felt Stewart Gilmour dithered over sacking managers. Gordon Scott might have to watch he isn't seen to be doing likewise. Another couple of bad results and the answer might be that we can't afford to keep Rae.

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hilarious Rae is getting stick for "shouting" yet previous managers were slagged off for doing the opposite, as if either approach makes any real difference.

There's shouting, then there's shouting, though.

I fear it might have moved a bit beyond a frustrated manager trying to imbue a bit of spirit and competitiveness in his players.

There are a few unsavoury accounts of his alleged antics circulating, and, while I reserve judgement on their veracity, it is blatantly obvious now that something is seriously amiss.

Like i said previously for me he should get four more games until we have played everyone once. Then if we have less than 10 points it would make sense financially to look to a replacement. If we went another round of nine games with this dross then the amount of money lost at the gate would have been wasted had a decision not been made earlier.

500 lost off the gate is £10k for every home game, makes financial sense to compromise on the contract.

35 minutes ago, Drew said:

There's shouting, then there's shouting, though.

I fear it might have moved a bit beyond a frustrated manager trying to imbue a bit of spirit and competitiveness in his players.

There are a few unsavoury accounts of his alleged antics circulating, and, while I reserve judgement on their veracity, it is blatantly obvious now that something is seriously amiss.

I also don't want to comment on rumours that may or may not be true.

However, if, hypothetically, a football club has a manager who was to repeatedly verbally abuse players, surely that could be viewed as gross misconduct. I wouldn't be able to go into my work and give out abuse without being disciplined.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I also don't want to comment on rumours that may or may not be true.

However, if, hypothetically, a football club has a manager who was to repeatedly verbally abuse players, surely that could be viewed as gross misconduct. I wouldn't be able to go into my work and give out abuse without being disciplined.

Its an interesting question. Where does the line get drawn?

Should it be drawn differently in football (or any other sport), than in other walks of life?

I wouldn't like to think so.

49 minutes ago, Drew said:

Should it be drawn differently in football (or any other sport), than in other walks of life?

I'm sure there was a post on here a while back from Zurich Alan, maybe round about the time of spear gate. Pretty sure he said that different industries have different standards when it comes to what's viewed as acceptable behaviour. 

12 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

I'm sure there was a post on here a while back from Zurich Alan, maybe round about the time of spear gate. Pretty sure he said that different industries have different standards when it comes to what's viewed as acceptable behaviour. 

Perhaps, but I suspect that all employees have recourse through contractual arrangements, local procedures, and, ultimately, the law, when they feel they have been treated with undue harshness/abused.

Similarly, all employers have a responsibility to ensure that one member of staff doesn't subject another to abusive treatment. Ultimately, it won't be for the organisation to decide where it is appropriate to draw the line (or to define the line itself).

Edited by Drew

7 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

The term is "Workplace Language, or language of the Workplace" Which will differ greatly between the deck of a rig in the north sea during a force ten, and the costa stand running out of free biscotti at a company head office.

however when it is persistent, targeted and unreasonable its all up for challenge.

On Sunday, June 14, 2015 at 9:35 PM, zurich_allan said:

You're right Poz, the issue can be complicated further though.

First of all, like I said earlier, in this type of case a court doesn't follow a one fits all approach. They take Into account nuances in different types of employment - like I said, conduct that might be deemed acceptable / normal in one type of employment might not be deemed acceptable / normal in another. So you can't compare working in a shopping centre with being a professional sports person in that regard (although I doubt that intentionally whacking somebody with a sign would be acceptable in either!!).

That's the paragraph from post I was thinking of.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

IMO it should make no difference.

I see it as gross misconduct as well and an immediate sacking offence without notice or compensation IF THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE.

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Or what the "fans" :lol: make up. :rolleyes:

Don't assume its just made up.

People are discussing this based on information that might or might not be accurate. That forms the basis of many discussions on here. Importantly, though, most are acknowledging this point, and placing caveats on their contributions accordingly. That's the key consideration.

At the very least, I think most of us accept that all is not well, and there has to be some explanation. The explanations I'm hearing strike me as increasingly feasible as each week (and match) passes. Unfortunately.

Edited by Drew
Typo

7 hours ago, Second Decay said:

Last season I had some optimism when Rae took over and the results started to improve, the optimism increased close season when the signings made where impressive but I certainly did not expect us to be sitting bottom of the table after 5 games, we are now seeing the cracks appearing in Alex Rae’s poor management skills and the countless excuses, with the latest one being “When I was in charge of Dundee we failed to win any of our opening 5 league games but finished 3rd”, so now beginning to see through him and his weaknesses in fact I would say he is a very similar manager both in tactics and mannerisms as John Brown.

It seems is loyalties are with Sevco and not with St Mirren.

We should try and get  rid of Alex Rae and bring in John Hughes while he is still available as he has said a lot of positive things about St Mirren in the past including most recently when he was manager of ICT when he said many good things about SMFC

Please refrain by mentioning Sevco/Rangers as a reason for the poor job Alec Rae is doing this season

Looking at posts people mentioning this a valid reason for him to be no longer manager

We are having problems because he bought too similar type of players in certain positions and neglected other positions in the squad

It's that simple he has to shoehorn these players into an outdated system

Loyal to certain players who are no longer up to it

I'm fed up watching St Mirren scrambling about the bottom of leagues getting beat most weeks

This has been going on for years now apart from a good cup in 2013

The leagues hasn't been rough with the smooth

It's been the rough with the rough for umpteen years with a dreadful home record into the bargain and people blame the fans as the problem

We are in the second tier now sitting rock bottom and we are now going down to Greenhill Rd not expecting much most games now

Queen of the South toyed with us in the second half and were in comfort zone knowing if we scored another goal they would just up the park and score one themselves

Rae just slumped into the dugout  20 mins to go knowing the game was a bogey and so did the fans

5 managers in 3 years is a shocking record

If Rae can't turn this around and get us into mid table(I'm not a greedy bastard) then there has to be a decent interviewing progess

Not just on Chic Young say so on the last one

Would people care about this if we were winning? Just asking.

The answer is absolutely no one.

Rae is under pressure because of results and nothing else. If we were top of the league with 15 points and in the quarter final of the league cup he would be everybody's pal and the best thing since sliced bread. His methods would be the right way of operating.

Sadly we are bottom of the league and went out the first stage of the league cup. Naturally he's the pantomime villain and everything is under scrutiny.

This is fair enough and he will be gone soon.