Rae Must Go!

All great points and no arguments . All I'm saying is that we have had just too many managers in a short time I know it's going to take bit longer than usual to get it correct . Sorry for any confusion the people I referred to wanting the team to lose were not supporters like ourselves I'm talking about ex staff who had a grudge getting freebies . Please don't tell me they were wanting us to win . IVE no objection if they pay in and want us to get beat . The club needs to look at the freebies , get the money into the Club and I for one would be happy to see an extra 2,000 wanting us to get beat but as long as they pay . I can assure you I don't know Alex Rae or David Farrell but I really do think they can and will get us a fighting team but like you I'd like it sooner rather than later . This won't happen until everyone in the stadium ( saints fans and all the freebies ) get behind the team . So when the victories come they will be all the sweeter . 

He clearly doesn't give a shit about our team. He's hardly going to get fans on his side by smiling at them when they're angry about what was on display. And before anyone says it, no it isn't acceptable to shout abuse at the manager but big man Rae couldn't just walk off and ignore it could he? Go now please! And be quick about it!

How did you expect Rae to react when walking off the pitch being subjected to sectarian abuse?

At the start of the season we were told we would have a smaller squad with better quality. We do have better quality and we were all rubbing our hands with the signings we made. Things haven't started well and all of a sudden Rae is a diddy. He was God last year when he rescued us.

We aren't going up and we aren't going down IMO. So we should stick with him until Xmas at least.

Supporting a team through difficult times is more important than flying a flag at cup finals.

Support the players on the park and you will see a difference.

On 14 September 2016 at 4:46 PM, stlucifer said:

Reading between the lines and beyond the "we back the manager" statement, (and we know what usually happens when the hierarchy start spouting that line), I read that Tony believes we have a wealth of experience and no little talent. If that is the case there is but one thing missing. Tictacs.  Or some anagrammatical equivalent.

Aye well the tictacs would certainly ease the smell of shite around the club at the moment. This season is now a relegation avoidance  scheme at the moment and the club tactic has to be somehow now go get points won. If that means bagging Rae then bag him, if it means that he can work the oracle then get it done. The season so far shows that the former is the best course. Six games in , thirteen points of QotS. Jesus.

Fwiw I think I prefer tacos to our tactics anyway, and Tony, well he can ram the tictacs where the sun don't shine.

19 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

How did you expect Rae to react when walking off the pitch being subjected to sectarian abuse?

At the start of the season we were told we would have a smaller squad with better quality. We do have better quality and we were all rubbing our hands with the signings we made. Things haven't started well and all of a sudden Rae is a diddy. He was God last year when he rescued us.

We aren't going up and we aren't going down IMO. So we should stick with him until Xmas at least.

Supporting a team through difficult times is more important than flying a flag at cup finals.

I agree with elements of this, but cannot now envisage Rae turning things round. This was exemplified by the manner in which he set out his team yesterday, despite every bugger and his dug realising that 4-4-2 with two wingers isn't working with the personnel he has.

It seemed to me that, for the most part, the fans in attendance yesterday were trying to offer support. Early calls for Naismith to keep the head up after a couple of passes went astray, and applause for Scott Gallagher's handling are two examples.

There are undoubtedly a few who were just waiting for the opportunity to blast Rae, but, for the most part, people just seem to be resigned to watching a squad of players lacking confidence. While they are led by a manager who seems to lack ideas as to how to stop the current rot, I don't know how much more supportive they can be expected to be.

11 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Totally agree about the abuse Rae's been getting, it's out of order, but you say we have a better quality squad 

yet we've to accept that our seasons over after 6 games, complete nonsense,

The truth is Rae's making an total arse of it and doesn't look as if he'll ever turn things around, surely a change 

of management will give us at least half a chance to turn this shitfest of a season around, the BOD need to act 

soon before it's too late..

1 minute ago, scrappy coco said:

Totally agree about the abuse Rae's been getting, it's out of order, but you say we have a better quality squad 

The truth is Rae's making an total arse of it and doesn't look as if he'll ever turn things around, surely a change 

of management will give us at least half a chance to turn this shitfest of a season around, the BOD need to act 

The BoD might be looking at last season, and the fact that Murray was given until December before being replaced, yet we managed to secure comfortable safety under his replacement. They might see this as an indication that they can afford to hold out a bit longer in the (surely forlorn) hope that Rae can turn it round.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

The BoD might be looking at last season, and the fact that Murray was given until December before being replaced, yet we managed to secure comfortable safety under his replacement. They might see this as an indication that they can afford to hold out a bit longer in the (surely forlorn) hope that Rae can turn it round.

Good point, I suppose if the BOD are happy with mediocrity and more and more fans giving up there support 

this is the way to go..

IMO he'll be given more time. The players have got to be held responsible too can't do some of the basic stuff. Hardie missed 2 good chances yesterday, that's down to him. As for AR getting abused coming off the pitch, he took it on the chin, what kind of reaction did the boo boys wanIt. I never seen him wave or smile i was already out the ground by then, I'm frustrated like anyone but not a boo boy.

9 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Good point, I suppose if the BOD are happy with mediocrity and more and more fans giving up there support 

this is the way to go..

Don't get me wrong, I don't subscribe to that approach, but it ain't me making the decisions.

I never said our season was over. Realistically though did you really expect us to go up? Hibs and United have masses more money than us.

I hope the management team are given time to turn it round and I for one will continue to support the team at every game I can and not wait until we win a couple of games then come back.

1 minute ago, El Gingero said:

Did anyone really expect us to be promoted with Hibs and Utd in the division? We need to have 2 pish teams down from the Premiership before we can realistically challenge to go back up.

Perhaps not but most hoped we'd put up a challenge. We are bottom of the league, the football is dire and our manager is tactically inept.

2 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

Did anyone really expect us to be promoted with Hibs and Utd in the division? We need to have 2 pish teams down from the Premiership before we can realistically challenge to go back up.

Did anyone expect us to be sitting at the foot of the table come mid September.

I think people, not unreasonably, expected that we might be in a position to battle it out for a play-off spot. To be honest, I wasn't so sure, but never did I anticipate us being as woefully off the pace as we are just now.

Did anyone expect us to be sitting at the foot of the table come mid September.

I think people, not unreasonably, expected that we might be in a position to battle it out for a play-off spot. To be honest, I wasn't so sure, but never did I anticipate us being as woefully off the pace as we are just now.

I didn't think we would be where we are. But as soon as we are in a sticky spot we just sack the Manager then shout for the next Manager to be appointed?

I've no love for Rae but do think he deserves a chance to get us up the table.