Rae Must Go!

It doesn't look as though Rae will be able to turn this round.

That said, he will probably remain in post until the turn of the year. 

This season is a write off in terms of a push for promotion, but it certainly isn't inconceivable that we could be relegated.

Dreadful stuff. All eyes will now be on Gordon Scott to see how he deals with what is fast becoming a crisis.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

How can he stay on after this debacle. He's not got it. There is better organised pub teams. Can't defend midfield non existent. Hutton Walsh and Hardie not good enough. It's a shambles. It's time the 12 pound a monthers flexed their muscle and cut or losses with this inept mangers.

What muscle?

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

That said, he will probably remain in post until the turn of the year. 

Can't see it Drew. It has been evident to most for a while that Rae hasn't got any tactical know how. He'll be away soon , I'm confident of that !

Just now, billyg said:

Can't see it Drew. It has been evident to most for a while that Rae hasn't got any tactical know how. He'll be away soon , I'm confident of that !

I'd be quite happy if it pans out that way, Billy, but I think Rae's reasonable showing after coming in last season will buy him some time.

Billy I would like to see a change but you have to ask where the money is coming from to implement a management change.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Billy I would like to see a change but you have to ask where the money is coming from to implement a management change.

I believe his contract's up at the end of the season , get rid of him now and offload some of the shitey loan players to fund it !

On 6 September 2016 at 0:33 AM, billyg said:

He's got no more excuses after this coming Saturday. Looks like he will have a full squad to choose from , so if the shape's wrong , the midfield lacking leadership and long balls are still being punted willy nilly , along with the expected defeat , then GLS will be running out of patience !

Nail on the head. 

Had plenty to choose from and had to make a double substitution at half time cos he got it woefully wrong. 

Edited by davidg

Rae should never have been given the job in the first place. Quite obviously bigoted, as the vast majority of his signings have links to his one and only real love in life and his treatment of Goodwin was a disgrace. His management style is that of a pretend hardman (like Stuart pierce), which works for a short while till players suss him out, then things go downhill-look at Nottingham forest. Things under Murray weren't this bad and he must go now!

How can he stay on after this debacle. He's not got it. There is better organised pub teams. Can't defend midfield non existent. Hutton Walsh and Hardie not good enough. It's a shambles. It's time the 12 pound a monthers flexed their muscle and cut or losses with this inept mangers.

Hardie is a complete ghost we would be better with 10 men. Webster and Irvine can go too as I have seen people with zimmers move quicker.

Do people really think Hughes would touch us? He left a Premiership club because he was frustrated at budget constraints, why on earth would he drop down a division to take on a similar situation?

Time fast running out for Rae. There were sod all positives to take from that today or the last game I saw against Hibs. When you can't see any sign that the team can turn it around it's really time to worry.

Do people really think Hughes would touch us? He left a Premiership club because he was frustrated at budget constraints, why on earth would he drop down a division to take on a similar situation?

Time fast running out for Rae. There were sod all positives to take from that today or the last game I saw against Hibs. When you can't see any sign that the team can turn it around it's really time to worry.

Mebbe, erm, he'll be drawn in by the fact that literally not one of our managers since the 80s has actually progressed their career by joining St Mirren.

Who could turn that down.

24 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Yet again we have a decent squad on paper, but a manager who has no tactical awareness. When did we last appoint a manager who had any experience whatsoever?

David Hay...How did that work out?

Tommy Craig bags of experience ,, all bad as a manager though.

Edited by alanb

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

I may be clutching at straws but we have potential, if doing well, to have a far superior fan base than ICT. Also we have a good set up in terms of training ground, new stadium, no debt etc...

1 minute ago, cambiebud said:

Tommy Craig did not have loads of experience as a manager.

As I said plenty experience but all bad as a manager as a caretaker or whatever elsewhere. Experience offers no guarantees is the point I am making, sometimes you need luck in who you pick but whoever needs ability too

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hughes is unemployed and looking for a job in football so I would say there is a chance.