Rae Must Go!

A bit early to dive headlong into sacking the manager. We've played 3 league games and been very poor in all 3, that can be denied.

What I will say in Rae's defence is, all 3 games have been very tough. A derby game to kick off the season, a tricky away game to a team who've won 3 from 3 so far, and a visit from a team who are going to win the league at a canter. Of course I'd have liked to see us perform better, but I'd be quicker level my criticism at the players than the manager. We've sold 2 goals in the last 2 games simply because a keeper can't communicate properly with a centre half, how's the manager supposed to legislate for that? That's not a tactical fault, that's just a horrendous defensive error.

He's also missing Quinn, I think a lot of people on here who were critical of Quinn might now have a better idea of the important work he does in the background.

I think we'll beat Ayr and in the next few weeks the team will start to gel properly, then we'll see if Rae is the man for the job, but for now, there's no need to make any rash (not to mention very expensive) decisions.

At the end of the day it seems clear cut to me. It matters not a jot if I think Rae should or shouldn't be sacked. If his St Mirren team remains a rudderless, shapeless, useless pile of shite heading for the bottom of this league - he will be sacked.

Ball is very much in his court, and his players. We will find out soon enough if he has anything in his locker or not.

I don't recall fizty or Scott saying it should be too hard to make playoffs? Simply a playoff place is the minimum requirement. If not he won't be boss

Scott said this will be a very competitive league with everyone being able to beat each other. He was wrong everyone can beat us. I hope we lose our next 4 games just to get rid of Rae.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I waked out with 20min to go thank Christ went in the car. We will finish in the bottom half of the league. Heard quite a few older fans saying they won't be back.

We left with about 10 minutes to go.

We weren't bothered that we missed the equaliser.

Don't think we'll be going to any more away games.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I waked out with 20min to go thank Christ went in the car. We will finish in the bottom half of the league. Heard quite a few older fans saying they won't be back.

Older fans always say that, as well as

"Fergie widnae huv fielded that side"

"we need a Beckett"

" huv ye seen any teaspoons, they keep gaun missin"

and

"feckin pampers are useless"

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Older fans always say that, as well as

"Fergie widnae huv fielded that side"

"we need a Beckett"

" huv ye seen any teaspoons, they keep gaun missin"

and

"feckin pampers are useless"

Need a Beckett ? - need a bloody miracle.

Edited by munoz

27 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I'd give Alex time. He seems frustrated with what's happening. I know he hasn't been overly impressed with us this year. I'm willing to allow him a couple of months to fix us

He was leaning the against the dugout in a very blasé manner for someone who is frustrated.

I think Sutton, Mallan, and a few others have more reason to be frustrated.  Rae looks out his depth,and nothing I seen today suggests that he can turn this round.

Edited by Drew

My1st away game for 2 years and by god how bad are we :(  Today effort remind me of the John Coughlin teams and I really thought that those days were long behind us. When I saw the team layout and personnel my 1st impression was good. Sadly within mins, it was obvious from the players ability that they are shite at their job and the manner they lost the goal was a joke. Only good thing that came out of Ayr today was me when the wife picked me up down the road from the ground :rolleyes:

We had five in midfield but still launched aimless high and overhit balls up to the front two. The part-timers of Ayr were far better than us in the first half. If they had not sat back to defend their lead they would surely have scored a second. Ayr threw that away today.

16 minutes ago, renfrew said:

My1st away game for 2 years and by god how bad are we :(  Today effort remind me of the John Coughlin teams and I really thought that those days were long behind us. When I saw the team layout and personnel my 1st impression was good. Sadly within mins, it was obvious from the players ability that they are shite at their job and the manner they lost the goal was a joke. Only good thing that came out of Ayr today was me when the wife picked me up down the road from the ground :rolleyes:

"good"? Really? Jordan Stewart was in the line up. I didn't need to be at the game to know how that would work out. Anytime I've seen that lad play he's failed to find his target with any passes, he doesn't look like he can tackle either. How he' managed to get this far in the game is beyond me, especially when I have seen players of the ability of Blair Kidd struggle to get a club. 

If it makes anyone feel any better though, my son went to the Motherwell v Dundee match today and reported that game was a pile of shite too - the customer service was good though. Make a change. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

7 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

"good"? Really? Jordan Stewart was in the line up. I didn't need to be at the game to know how that would work out. Anytime I've seen that lad play he's failed to find his target with any passes, he doesn't look like he can tackle either. How he' managed to get this far in the game is beyond me, especially when I have seen players of the ability of Blair Kidd struggle to get a club. 

If it makes anyone feel any better though, my son went to the Motherwell v Dundee match today and reported that game was a pile of shite too - the customer service was good though. Make a change. 

Ok, so 10 players out of 11 would have been my 1st pick. As for your son ( hope he didn't get lost trying to park the bat mobile) at the Well game, what was the score since I am sure the forum members cant wait to know the score ?