Ayr United v St Mirren Championship 27/8/16

shull

1 hour ago, ulysses said:

If Quinn is out I'd seriously consider putting Irvine or even an U20s centre mid in there with Hutton and Mallan. Control the midfield first, get a grip on the game, and then try and get the goals.

According to the Dundee fans Irvine is actually a decent  centre mid

I'm surprised it's hasn't been tried by now

I don't think Rae wants Irvine moved from the defence as he seems to be covering Webster arse most of the time

54 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

According to the Dundee fans Irvine is actually a decent  centre mid

I'm surprised it's hasn't been tried by now

I don't think Rae wants Irvine moved from the defence as he seems to be covering Webster arse most of the time

He's decent with the ball at his feet so I'd give it a go. I'd much prefer to see Stewart at left back, seeing as he's actually left footed. 

Langfield

Naismith Gordon Mackenzie Stewart

Irvine Hutton

Morgan Mallan Walsh

Hardie/Clarkson/Shankland/Sutton (no idea who's best for this role)

Worth a go surely. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Apart from the fact two of them are injured

Gordon and Mackenzie? Aye, I'm sure I read before the Hibs game that Mackenzie was ready...but alas, not even on the bench. Gordon was however.

Wish Rae would come out with a definitive statement about when they're due back.

Despite the dreadful start to the season, I'm looking forward to heading through to Ayr on Saturday.

The build up to attending away games is invariably more enjoyable than home games, regardless of recent form. Even huge relegation crunch matches such as those in Motherwell and Grangemouth carried a sense of hope and anticipation. This, as opposed to the general sense of resignation that seems to settle like a thick stoor over home games.

Make no mistake, this is a pivotal game for us this weekend.  A vocal backing from KO could prove to be a crucial factor. At home, aside from an occasional and very brief ripple of enthusiasm following a goal or dodgy refereeing decision, we are a bloody dour lot. I've been part of some fantastic away crowds over the years, and we need another this Saturday.

No excuses this weekend, for either the team, or us, the supporters. Time to kick start this season!

FREEDOM!!!!

Edited by Drew

I'll be there. Always like a day out in Ayr (besides having to go to the match). As you say Drew it is pivotal. If we start with the same 4-4-2 and get beat the murmurs of discontent will amplify considerably and the shouting from the terraces will not be of support but of condemnation of the manager. Lets hope its songs of happiness we end up singing.

hoping to be at this game on Saturday, coming across on the Campbeltown/Ardrossan ferry. My closest game but not any quicker getting there as it would be to drive to Paisley.

Anyway, all being well with farm and family health I should be there.

I assume it is pay at the gate? and where do we meet up for a drink before the game?

PS, haven't seen Saints lose for 16 years :o:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

what's the name of the stop before Ayr?got off there for bowling club??cheers

Newton on Ayr and yes if you want to go to the bowling club (or straight to the ground) this is the closest stop. But as has been said plenty decent pubs around the main station and plenty more within a further 5-10 min walk.

Has anyone checked if the bowling club are happy to let us in?

I'm assuming it'll be fine of we reassure them that faraway is in the Middle East and won't be making an appearance.

Edited by Drew
Typo

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Has anyone checked if the bowling club are happy to us in?

I'm assuming it'll be fine of we reassure them that faraway is in the Middle East and won't be making an appearance.

I'm sure that I saw a post on twitter from the  bowling club, shared by St Mirren active where they were encouraging Saints fans to come in for pre match libations :D