Ayr United v St Mirren Championship 27/8/16

shull

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Rae is a one trick pony. Long high aimless balls. Get rid guy not got a clue. At one point Ayr fans were laughing at us. No midfield. It hard to blame players who following r the management instructions
Pass marks Clarkson Sutton and Mallan. But rest pitiful.

well gordon scott said if he enjoying his fitba nothing else cares.well a hope he seen our last 4 league games as we absolute rank rotten..so how long do we keep him?id sack him tonight as no progress what so ever

3 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

dearie me...am sick of shouting and swearing.totally pissed off..why did Gordon not start and where the fuk was McKenzie?a thought he wld b at least on bench.don't say he injured again.if so,on way out Rae take your shit signings [except Gordon and McKenzie who should walk into the starting XI before they are match fit] with you.fukin impostor of a manager and spineless wage thief players.happy Saturday again.not

FIFY... although the last few words proved to be unfixable.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mate I am the type who can take defeate and come away quite happy as long as the team play well. Problem is I have not seen us play well this season we are crap ,way off the mark. The whole day was a waste of time and money.

Aye you took defeats on the chin really well back in the days when Danny Lennon had us playing a lot better and playing in a higher league and winning national trophies...

Aye you took defeats on the chin really well back in the days when Danny Lennon had us playing a lot better and playing in a higher league and winning national trophies...

Indeed I did so thank you for pointing that out. We're you at the game today and all the others ? Are you telling me there are signs of improvement. Is your eyesight poor.

Personally I had a great day out at the seaside.

Thankfuly I avoided Ayr and went to Largs with the family. Cracking fish supper and ice cream from Nardinis for less than the price of watching Saints struggle.

Modern fitba is PISH. 

What was going on there today ,got held in a traffic jam. Had to do a detour.

Scene after game at Somerset Park...

Rae has to get away sharpish for a club function in the Louden Tavern (his real club) so he has to bodybswerve the team bus back and has arranged his own transport.

steward at main entrance is met by a taxi driver

"Taxi tae Govan"

Steward "is it for Rae?"

"aye"

Steward "park it forty yards doon the street then"

"wheraboots"

Steward "disnae matter, somebody else will get there first and pump it back this way"

I've seen us a few times this season and not been impressed. I saw us last season after Rae took over and wasn't impressed at the style of play but did recognise that Rae had dramatically improved results. While I don't expect any manager to have a brilliant transfer window and correct every problem in the squad, I still think that most of Rae's signings will prove to be OK to quite good at our current level.

The time to judge Rae this season will be late October / early November. We have gone with a smaller, more experienced squad with a number of utility players... we are missing Quinn, Gordon, McKenzie, Morgan and Gallagher at the moment - 5 players down. Let's see how we do with a fuller squad to choose from and what we are like if we get a win and some confidence back.

Another pre-season of optimism met with, yet another terrible start to the campaign.

You could argue that you can't keep sacking managers but the style and standard of football on show at the moment is truly f**king awful. Anyone could produce this pish, these guys are supposed to be professionals.

Can you start with my gutters.

Another pre-season of optimism met with, yet another terrible start to the campaign.

You could argue that you can't keep sacking managers but the style and standard of football on show at the moment is truly f**king awful. Anyone could produce this pish, these guys are supposed to be professionals.

Indeed. His team talks can't go beyond "out you go...blooter it about and argue with each other".

Just on to reiterate what I said last week - TAXI FOR RAE ! 

If we stick with this clown for much longer , we're buggered .

Currently wetting my knickers. 

Thank god for teapots . ( private highlight joke of the day ) .

Yup. This is the crux of it. 90% of our team are decent players. What makes a good team though are tactics and teamwork. Both of these things are the responsibility of the management. We are sadly lacking in both and there are only two people to blame for that. I'm now seriously regretting renewing my season ticket.

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

dearie me...am sick of shouting and swearing.totally pissed off..why did Gordon not start and where the fuk was McKenzie?a thought he wld b at least on bench.don't say he injured again.if so,on way out Rae take your shit signings with you.fukin impostor of a manager and spineless wage thief players.happy Saturday again.not

Why do you want Gordon and McKenzie in when the glaring obvious weaknesses is the midfield. Rae changed the formation today and defensively it was ok. Creativity was non existent leading to us booming aimless punts from all angles towards Sutton. We need to sign two central midfielders as an urgency before the window closes. No matter what formation we play, a midfield of Mallan and Hutton will not work. Hutton needs another central midfield digger to allow Mallan to go forward and create from midfield. Some things were better today. Irvine was much better back on the right and Walsh git forward well when replacing Stewart. Clarkson tried hard but like Irvine last week he was a square peg in a round hole. We need natural central midfielders and quickly.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Why do you want Gordon and McKenzie in when the glaring obvious weaknesses is the midfield. Rae changed the formation today and defensively it was ok. Creativity was non existent leading to us booming aimless punts from all angles towards Sutton. We need to sign two central midfielders as an urgency before the window closes. No matter what formation we play, a midfield of Mallan and Hutton will not work. Hutton needs another central midfield digger to allow Mallan to go forward and create from midfield. Some things were better today. Irvine was much better back on the right and Walsh git forward well when replacing Stewart. Clarkson tried hard but like Irvine last week he was a square peg in a round hole. We need natural central midfielders and quickly.

We need to move players on to bring others in, the budget has been maxed out. No new midfielders I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Naismith is having a terrible time. Can't run can't pass and can't jump. The lad alright back for Ayr however was a player and would easily improve us. Baird too not good enough and it's time Alex dumped them

It's time we dumped Alex . 

56 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Yup. This is the crux of it. 90% of our team are decent players. What makes a good team though are tactics and teamwork. Both of these things are the responsibility of the management. We are sadly lacking in both and there are only two people to blame for that. I'm now seriously regretting renewing my season ticket.

I think the crux of it is that the players aren't decent. And neither is the manager as he didn't fix that in the summer.

9 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

I think the crux of it is that the players aren't decent. And neither is the manager as he didn't fix that in the summer.

I think we do have decent players.

However, Rae's signing (and re-signing) policy seems to be pretty suspect.

He's signed some players with a good track record and some with a lot of potential, but they don't seem  to fit into any system.

Even if we were to sign a defensive midfield player, I think we need to play five in midfield, and that leaves us with four forwards vying for one place up front. So in effect we seem to be paying players who are surplus to requirements. Having four CH's is another example of that.

And that's even before we start on his tactics or lack of them, to be more accurate.