Ayr United v St Mirren Championship 27/8/16

shull

I don't think anyone can muster pass marks this early in the season.

I know he's a young boy but that doesn't mean you pander to him and say he's great. Give him, and the other players encouragement.

No wonder no one wants to take the ball and try something as if it doesn't come off then they will get booed by the crowd.

Once Rae has his full squad to choose from we will hopefully kick on up the way.

No point in all us falling out anyway as once the present players and manager have gone we will still be left as supporters.

Some of the abuse that our young players take (both here and at games) is pretty embarrassing, to be honest. Baird looks like he'll be a target this year. He's only 20, and is bound to make mistakes. If we're going to loan out a defender, it should be him...we have a good centre half in the making here, and he needs to be developed properly.

I don't think anyone can muster pass marks this early in the season.

I know he's a young boy but that doesn't mean you pander to him and say he's great. Give him, and the other players encouragement.

No wonder no one wants to take the ball and try something as if it doesn't come off then they will get booed by the crowd.

Once Rae has his full squad to choose from we will hopefully kick on up the way.

No point in all us falling out anyway as once the present players and manager have gone we will still be left as supporters.

"Supporters"?
Really?

When it comes to the team we have fans. Financially we may have supporters... But when it comes to young players we have a whole lot of impatient unrealistic critical bastards!

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

He has also told not cross half line by a clueless manager. So yes he's not as effective going forward. Seems to me were dying to pick on 1 player and blame for our troubles I remember when it was John Young in 70s. More recently it was Cheesey now it seem to be Jason. Name me one player who has had a good start to the season with exception of Lewis Morgan. If you say 1 your a liar. It's pitiful this season so far. To single Jason for it is a disgrace.

Calling Billy Mehmet "a waste of oxygen" was a disgrace as well, but it didn't stop you.

"Supporters"?
Really?

When it comes to the team we have fans. Financially we may have supporters... But when it comes to young players we have a whole lot of impatient unrealistic critical bastards!

I agree. Baird, Mallan & Naismith in particular have came in for abuse from lots of people at games and on here.

2 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Some of the abuse that our young players take (both here and at games) is pretty embarrassing, to be honest. Baird looks like he'll be a target this year. He's only 20, and is bound to make mistakes. If we're going to loan out a defender, it should be him...we have a good centre half in the making here, and he needs to be developed properly.

Not sure about putting Baird out on loan, he has been playing week in and week out for a reason. Both Gordon and Mackenzie are hardly reliable options to come into the team and stay fit. 

Not sure about putting Baird out on loan, he has been playing week in and week out for a reason. Both Gordon and Mackenzie are hardly reliable options to come into the team and stay fit. 

I really like Baird, and I get what your saying. I just don't want him to 'burn out' or destroy his confidence. But he seems a pretty resolute lad.

People are quite right to criticise his mistakes, some go ridiculously overboard, but they often totally ignore some of the brilliant last ditch tackles and interceptions he makes. He's still learning.

I agree. Baird, Mallan & Naismith in particular have came in for abuse from lots of people at games and on here.

Think Naismith is suffering from a bit of lack of confidence. We've not been playing in a way which suits his game either. Fitness also looks a bit of an issue, but he's back from a long term injury. Needs time to get right I think.

Calling Billy Mehmet "a waste of oxygen" was a disgrace as well, but it didn't stop you.

Billy was a good player not a good striker as his goal ratio at any club has proved. I'm not on here slagging player I was defending Jason Naismith not slagging him or any other player. They have all been poor so far this season. But as someone said. Their not bad players I think there being lead badly IMO.

I am fed up with all the negativity heading Mallan's way. On Saturday when he had the ball it looked like a game of statues in front of him. No friggin movement whatsoever. If Mallan pushed it wide to Irvine or Stewart who were playing too deep it resulted in another useless punt from the half-way line. The least Rae should be able to do is get players to run off the ball but that is simply not happening.

I am fed up with all the negativity heading Mallan's way. On Saturday when he had the ball it looked like a game of statues in front of him. No friggin movement whatsoever. If Mallan pushed it wide to Irvine or Stewart who were playing too deep it resulted in another useless punt from the half-way line. The least Rae should be able to do is get players to run off the ball but that is simply not happening.

Must agree very poor movement all season. Throw ins the same. Lost count of the numbers of times we lose the ball in such set pieces. Simple game but tactics employed are strangling the players.

13 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

He has also told not cross half line by a clueless manager. So yes he's not as effective going forward. Seems to me were dying to pick on 1 player and blame for our troubles I remember when it was John Young in 70s. More recently it was Cheesey now it seem to be Jason. Name me one player who has had a good start to the season with exception of Lewis Morgan. If you say 1 your a liar. It's pitiful this season so far. To single Jason for it is a disgrace.

How do you know what Naismith,has or hasn't been told to do by Alex Rae? Rae has certainly said in interviews that he wants us to do better at not giving opponents time and space to put crosses into our box... Naismith leaves his man in acres of space and often doesn't attempt to close him down and this is while he is supposedly being asked to forget about the attacking side of his game and concentrate on his defensive duties.

I have said in the last week that very few of the team are playing well, and in my opinion it is largely to do with confidence, they are better players than they are showing at the moment. In most cases I don't we have incredible players but lots who are decent at this level or OK at bottom half of the SPL level. I said that, in my opinion, Lewis Morgan and Walsh have looked pretty good in most games where they have been involved this season. I find it hard to form any judgment on Clarkson, Sutton, Hardie or Shankland as the service to them has been so poor they have been feeding off scraps all season and usually only getting one or two chances of half chances per game at the moment - no wonder they are not banging in the goals just now.

You talk about Naismith being made a scapegoat and being blamed for all our troubles this season. If I was to nominate who I think this season's scapegoat is I would select Kyle Hutton. On his home debut and not even half way through the first half I had a group of fans near me in the main stand giving him dog's abuse, at least part of which seemed to be based on the perception he has been brought in as a like for like replacement for Jim Goodwin and is useless in comparison. Last season I, and others, got it in the neck for rating Goodwin as possibly our best player of the season. Now that he has been left without being offered a new deal he appears to have gone up in lots of fans' estimation. 

Who was at fault for Ayr's only goal on Saturday? Langfield was blameless, was it Irvine or Baird or Webster or Gallacher or big Jason? As soon as Ayr scored you could see a lot of our head's dropped.

On 29/08/2016 at 0:25 PM, santaponsasaint said:

Seems to me you pick/blame the manager for everything..................including the weather. :lol:

Usual nice response, ya walloper. :moony2

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Cos I was sat in the main stand V Hibs and heard all.

And you think the tactics against Hibs are the tactics for the whole season? Against Hibs we were 2 nil down after 30 minutes (going on 4 or 5). Can't think why any sane manager would encourage his full backs not to bomb forwards and leave gaps at the back.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy
typos