Budge For The Boot..?

Lord Pityme

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nope. We used to experience much higher attendances at Scottish games decades ago and we have lost them because the game has not moved with the times.

You have proof that "we have lost them because the game has not moved with the times" or are you just making it up?

Better you stay out of football based discussions, it only proves you don't have a clue. :lol:

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

Ah I see...so people who consider themselves middle class are pompous arseholes who believe they are too good to mix with the scum at footie games? :ph34r:

Yes.

Some people are of less worth than others.

Is this news to you or do you not believe it's true?

2 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Thats where the '10 times as many people in England' comes in.

We have a tenth of their population but outside the OF we don't have corresponding crowds on average.

Something is clearly wrong with how our game was traditionally being marketed and now we have a problem because everyone compares us to England.

So,oaky, you don't know the basic football reality that Scotland has more people spectating -  proportionate to the size of its population - for all of Europe?

And who is this 'everyone' who is comparing us to England?  :unsure:

Is it you and the voices in your head?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That doesn't explain why England managed it.

Yes.

Some people are of less worth than others.

Is this news to you or do you not believe it's true?

No I am not on the windup.

Do you seriously believe criminals have as much value to society as everyone else for example?

Clutching at straws, deflection and downright bollox. 

Adopting the Daft Lords tactic of replying to every post with another pointless question. :withstupid

4 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Ah I see...so people who consider themselves middle class are pompous arseholes who believe they are too good to mix with the scum at footie games? :ph34r:

I am dizzyingly tall and have, in the past, travelled on the Bull Bus.

I have always looked up to Gary.

And, alas, Gary has always looked down on me.

I was pleased my presence was acknowledged.

Everyone else on the bus knew their place.

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

After a very quick google, in 2012 percentage pf population watching football were Scotland 3.68 England 2.69. Oaksoft talking shite?

Source

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/04/02/revealed-the-most-dedicated-football-nations-the-faroes-iceland-cyprus-scotland-and-england-020403/

You had to Google to come to the conclusion he's talking shite? :lol:

I saw figures last night that said in the top flight average figures had fallen from 15,000 in 2008 to around 9,500 last season. So he's not wrong about the drop off in numbers. He's wrong about the reason though. It's the demise of Rangers that has caused the fall. And with "Rangers" now in the top flight attendances are expected to rise back to 2008 levels thus year.

Fans should be better behaved though and Ann Budge is 100% correct to ban a racists from their matches. I cringe with embarrassment when I see adults swearing at matches despite young kids being close by and I hate it when people walk into an otherwise empty stand and sit immediately in front of a small child ensuring they can't see the game.

5 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

Nah everybody already knew but none of us on here are smart enough for his highness so had to give him an outsiders Pont of view and some numbers for him to look at

And I like how you've used a smatter of French to give your comment the superficial appearance of intellectual nous.... as if Eric Cantona had uttered your very words!

he'll swallow that. :)

(or should that be... "Seagull that"?  )

14 hours ago, slapsalmon said:

After a very quick google, in 2012 percentage pf population watching football were Scotland 3.68 England 2.69. Oaksoft talking shite?

Source

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/04/02/revealed-the-most-dedicated-football-nations-the-faroes-iceland-cyprus-scotland-and-england-020403/

With virtually 90% of them watching two teams.

An excellent example of why relying on averages is intellectually bankrupt unless you know how to interpret the numbers.

Edited by oaksoft

On 24/08/2016 at 3:38 PM, antrin said:

So,oaky, you don't know the basic football reality that Scotland has more people spectating -  proportionate to the size of its population - for all of Europe?

And who is this 'everyone' who is comparing us to England?  :unsure:

Is it you and the voices in your head?

Another numpty.

Remove the 90% who watch just two teams and tell me what the numbers are.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Another numpty.

Remove the 90% who watch just two teams and tell me what the numbers are.

why should I fiddle the facts to substantiate YOUR fantasy?

Those are the facts.  Deal with them.

btw the only club to lose out, in terms of spectators, due to the death of Rangers has been Celtic.  I won't grieve for them.

19 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

You're having a mare

The biggest criminals in the country are in the highest bracket of society

Is that the people who let their dogs shit on the grass where kids play football?

Is that the people who gets tanked up every weekend making the city centres no-go areas unless you want thumped?

Is that the people who play their stereos at full blast and make their neighbours lives hell?

Is that the people who clog up the NHS, taking it almost to breaking point by all accounts, on a daily basis because of their diet of alcohol, cigarettes, processed food and pretty much f**k all else?

Is that the people who stab, shoot and batter countless thousands of innocents every day?

Is that the people who hang around estates drugged up to the eyeballs on heroin?

If so then it's certainly news to me.