Budge For The Boot..?

Lord Pityme

5 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

50% of the total. It's right there in the chart.

Which renders the use of an "average" attendance including these teams absolutely invalid.

Oh and BTW I didn't say that 90% attend OF matches at any one time. I said 90% of football fans in Scotland watch one or the other of just those two.

The average amongst the rest will be tiny in comparison.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

Why? Are they not part of the group of people who watch football?

Yes but it paints an unrealistically rosy picture for the overwhelming majority of the clubs which prevents a solution to the problem.

Scientifically we call those two "outliers" and if you include them it leads to uselss conclusions.

The reality is that outside the OF, times are very hard for most clubs with quarter to half full stadia almost everywhere other than those two outliers.

Guest TPAFKATS
Is that the people who let their dogs shit on the grass where kids play football?

Is that the people who gets tanked up every weekend making the city centres no-go areas unless you want thumped?

Is that the people who play their stereos at full blast and make their neighbours lives hell?

Is that the people who clog up the NHS, taking it almost to breaking point by all accounts, on a daily basis because of their diet of alcohol, cigarettes, processed food and pretty much f**k all else?

Is that the people who stab, shoot and batter countless thousands of innocents every day?

Is that the people who hang around estates drugged up to the eyeballs on heroin?

If so then it's certainly news to me.

Wow

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Is that the people who let their dogs shit on the grass where kids play football?

Is that the people who gets tanked up every weekend making the city centres no-go areas unless you want thumped?

Is that the people who play their stereos at full blast and make their neighbours lives hell?

Is that the people who clog up the NHS, taking it almost to breaking point by all accounts, on a daily basis because of their diet of alcohol, cigarettes, processed food and pretty much f**k all else?

Is that the people who stab, shoot and batter countless thousands of innocents every day?

Is that the people who hang around estates drugged up to the eyeballs on heroin?

If so then it's certainly news to me.

So many questions, all deflecting away from the fact you have lost the plot on another sporting thread. :lol:

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Startling - as you seem to be so beloved by people, en masse...   :rolleyes:

Yes it is beautifully balanced.

I am loved by the people who matter to me.

The rest I find hard to care too much about, with regard to how they perceive me.

Understand this and you understand the Oakster.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Does an ellipsis not usually consist of THREE dots?

1 hour ago, antrin said:

It CAN do.  There is NO RULE.

However,  I concede that I usually follow Sam Beckett's lead on this...

but.... WGAF.....?

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

You?

You seemed to think grammar was important.

Would that last question mark not have been better placed immediately after the "F"?

Blimey antrin. You don't appear to be coming out of this in particularly promising shape.

When you are having your arse handed to you on a plate from one of our brethern from the "badlands of Lanarkshire" it is clearly time to rethink your strategy.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Blimey antrin. You don't appear to be coming out of this in particularly promising shape.

When you are having your arse handed to you on a plate from one of our brethern from the "badlands of Lanarkshire" it is clearly time to rethink your strategy.

"Appear".

The use of that word affirms that in reality no such thing has actually happened, but keep clutching at straws.

BuddieinEK is Ok.  He offered a suggestion on ellipsis which is not a rule.  I noted his suggestion, remarked that it is not one that is a rule, more a convention and that many admirable writers do not submit to it.

(I apologise that this is doubtless too deep (or too subtle?) for you, oaky, with your archaic borrowed banter such as, "your Mum's photo", but if you persist then a glimmer of understanding may creep into one of the many recesses in your mind to aid your clamber into maturity.  Perhaps.)

I need only add - and I am sure BuddieinEK and others will agree - that if ellipses were good enough for Bongovonbudvar, they'll do me fine........................

Edited by antrin
Clarity

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

Ohh deer. Wen corecting/comenting oan grammer, itiz allways advizable too chick thit yoo, yoursell, huv knot maid ani mistooks. ;)

Ta for that. :)

To be honest, I doubt oaksoft has the power of concentration to read that far into a post.

If it wasn't for you pesky pedants I'd have got away with it. :P