Running for Rett Syndrome

zurich_allan

A number of you might know that I run for the charity 'Reverse Rett', and have done for a few years now. Mark Reilly (Mavis), one of the key players that helped our club to promotion a decade ago now, has a daughter that suffers from Rett Syndrome, and I hope each year with my annual fundraising that one or two of our fanbase might make a small donation to the charity. This year I'm running a full marathon, the Glasgow Clyde marathon, this coming Sunday. I've just set up a Just Giving page so if any of you would like to donate a couple of pounds, here it is. Absolutely no pressure, just if you'd like to give a little back to hopefully in the long term help the child of a player that gave his blood, sweat and tears for us for a couple of years. If anyone would like any more info, please just let me know.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Allan-Moore5

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:48 AM, zurich_allan said:

...I've hit my £250 funding target with 3 days to spare!! :) Thanks very much guys, best supporters in Scotland, and I've no doubt that Mavis and the team at Reverse Rett will be delighted!

...which is absolutely no reason to stop donating...

Well I had cramp in both legs from 25km until the end, which severely slowed my pace, but managed to drag myself to the finish line in 5hrs 15mins, so delighted just to finish, even if not in the time I'd have liked. I was happy to grind my teeth and keep going because the way I see it, if the young girls with Rett Syndrome can live their whole lives the way they do, I certainly can put up with a few hours of pain without complaining. Thanks all again for your great support!