Who Wants Rae tae Stay?

I hate advocating the go or stay on managers future prospects.

I would though point to our track record over the last few years in this department, it's shite. 

I don't care who the manager is, I'd support them in relation to their achievements with my team. It's all you can do.

Fwiw I am underwhelmed at present, I was surprised at Rae's appointment, but hey hoh, you think , OK doke a borderline psycho who will kick some ass, that s just what we need.

Early days still, but for me the writing is already on the wall. We are pish to watch and in results terms, f**k , its dire. Its a results driven business so the danger flags are flying. IMO he has three games left in him to show us he is not an empty vessel. He talks some kind of talk, but to me, looks like he cannae do this.

From what I've seen so far this season we look like we are actually worse than last season's Ian Murray debacle.

Rae has been given the funds to sign every player that he identified.

We all seemed to be quietly confident of a successful season given the very decent quality of the squad he assembled.

What we've actually witnessed so far, can only be described as an unmitigated disaster. From hoof ball to dire defensive mistakes and a team who look like they have no belief or direction.

The back four of Naismith Webster Baird and Irvine are amongst the worst I've seen in all my years of watching Saints.

As for Hutton, no harm to the lad but he like his manager is completely out of his depth.

We may not be in a position financially  to fire Rae, but the signs are there for all to see.

If we persist with him then I think our championship status is under threat. He has to go and very soon.

Think he needs to be given more time, I've only been to the Morton game so far this season and we were crap that day and sure we've been just as bad or worse since but still 4 league games just isn't enough to justify a sacking imho....

It does feel like we have a decent ish squad so if he can find a line up that works who knows....

Time will tell! but we cannot keep sacking managers, ever since Danny Lennon did not have his contract renewed we have kept getting worse. Now I am no fan of Danny Lennon and I was one that said he should go, in particular as he did not keep to his word that he would have us a top 6 side. in the Scottish Premier league, that and under his manager ship the team won things but eventually were playing worse football combined with his lack of signings.

Last season Alex Rae came in and managed to turn the club around and almost certainly saved us from relegation. This season some of his signings have been dire, these players are contributing little to nothing. You could go through the entire team and their is only 4 players in my opinion that are giving their best for the team the rest be they young or old should be ashamed to wear a St.Mirren strip.

I could go on and on but for me its not Alex Rae that's a 100% to blame for our continuous slide into oblivion its the players we have for by 4 I would give pass marks too that must carry some of the blame, but after 4 league games it makes no sense to get rid of the manager, even if we could afford to do so.

first real test off our new owner .

seems strange, very quite from our chairman,

no show off support,

does he want his own man in charge,

if so ,,we wont have to wait long,

on wards and upwards,  

Yeah Gus could be back soon, apparently he's a big fan [emoji53]

I do blame Alex Rae Stripey. 8 games so far and all feature long aimless balls to the front two missing out the midfield. I do agree some of the signings have been dross however a decent manager would get a lot more out of what we have.

Dont like to see anyone lose their job , however every game i have been to is dire asking myself why am i waisting my whole day watching this but then again have been watching Saints since1967 so have seen more shit than good. Alex is up against it simply because he is a well known Rangers man , some of our support that is unacceptable. Does not bother me all i want is for Alex to do well with Saints.  Thing is we dont seem to see improvements tactical wise. On the flip side I see a manager  getting really frustrated from what he is seeing also. So are the players not carrying out his orders.

Alex got the team organised last season when he came in most of us thought thank f**k we have a manager who knows what he is doing. FFS Alex what is going on this season. Keep reading we have players injured.

Alex get our team playing well winning the odd game and you will be accepted at the moment it is utter shit.    

46 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dont like to see anyone lose their job , however every game i have been to is dire asking myself why am i waisting my whole day watching this but then again have been watching Saints since1967 so have seen more shit than good. Alex is up against it simply because he is a well known Rangers man , some of our support that is unacceptable. Does not bother me all i want is for Alex to do well with Saints.  Thing is we dont seem to see improvements tactical wise. On the flip side I see a manager  getting really frustrated from what he is seeing also. So are the players not carrying out his orders.

Alex got the team organised last season when he came in most of us thought thank f**k we have a manager who knows what he is doing. FFS Alex what is going on this season. Keep reading we have players injured.

Alex get our team playing well winning the odd game and you will be accepted at the moment it is utter shit.    

All you want isn't Alex Rae to do well. You want him to lose the next few games an get the sack. Pick one or the other. At least be consistent.

we are crap . In fact I was hoping we would lose not just this game but the next few just to get Rae out the door it really is terrible stufff.

That's a quote from the match day thread from you

Edited by slapsalmon

I think we should at least wait until this season's home strip gets officially launched before we fire the manager unless we want to set a new record for hasty dismissals.

Last season Rae did alright results-wise with a poor squad. Close season he made some better signings than we did last season - I'm sure there are a few on the books whose contracts are up next summer where he would be quite happy if they moved on. This season we had a tough set of opening fixtures Morton - Raith Rovers and Hibs and currently have 5 injuries in our small squad. 

I think if we give Rae time and get most of our injured players fit results will improve even if the football never hits the dizzy heights of scintillation.

I was optimistic heading into this season because Alex Rae stabilised the team after Ian Murray, and he had a preseason to sign his own players and get the team playing the way he wants. The thing is I'm not sure he knows what he wants. The players look like they've never played together, unsure of them selves, and look downright fed up. They effectively stole a wage against Hibs because that paper formate was awful, not helped by the fact the manager stated that we "competed" in the second half.  Are you kidding me? If that's competing in his eyes then we're Donald ducked! 

There is also no leader on the park and that not helping, we need someone to take the ball and have the confidence to do something with it. For me our main issue (I know there are many) is central midfield. Hutton is a passenger, as a result Mallan knows if he goes forward we're in trouble, so we have nothing in the final 3rd. Neither he or Hutton have the confidence to take the ball off the back 3/4 because there is little movement ahead if them to play a pass, nor do the back 3/4 want to play the ball in there for fear of it coming right back at them. As a result we go long, and none of our defenders have the ability to find a player upfield. Baird and Naismith are experts at picking out guys in the stand. Now I wasn't at Ayr yesterday but was slightly encouraged by the fact that we had 3 players in the middle if the park, perhaps this suggests that the manager is trying to address the problem...I hope. 

100% Stay.

Back the team , back the manager.

Things will improve.

If we were playing some decent football and competing I would, even if results were not good. However we are a sorry lot and have been outplayed in every game except Edinburgh City this season with a style of football that would make your eyes bleed. And the next game is Groundhog Day all over again. I see absolutely no grounds for things to improve.

All we ask as St mirren fans is a team that give 100% and give us,team to be proud off all raes interviews as the same squads to unbalanced and goody shouldn't have been let go he's not got it doesn't know his best team yet sooner this imposter isxaway the better on paper got really good squad why are queens and Raith so far ahead its not good enough this is when well see what Gordon Scott is,made off hope am wrong if this goes on fans will vote with there feet and may stop d/d to smisa Rae's got 2 weeks to get them ready for queens lose that then it should be curtains for him

6 hours ago, MotherwellSaint said:

All we ask as St mirren fans is a team that give 100% and give us,team to be proud off all raes interviews as the same squads to unbalanced and goody shouldn't have been let go he's not got it doesn't know his best team yet sooner this imposter isxaway the better on paper got really good squad why are queens and Raith so far ahead its not good enough this is when well see what Gordon Scott is,made off hope am wrong if this goes on fans will vote with there feet and may stop d/d to smisa Rae's got 2 weeks to get them ready for queens lose that then it should be curtains for him

Ooft! Most prisoners in Alcatraz had shorter sentences than that. My eyes hurt!

Edited by Drew