Who Wants Rae tae Stay?

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think we should at least wait until this season's home strip gets officially launched before we fire the manager.

Wait for the Rankin, Van Zanten and Lavety Hall of Fame board instead. Gives Alex Rae ten years to turn it around.

Anyway, back on topic....

I don't want him to stay, but won't call for his head just yet (if that makes sense).

I'm sure I read somewhere that Rae and his pal Farrell would sit up into the early hours discussing formations and tactics when they were at Dundee. I can only assume that he didn't have other commitments those evenings that entailed the likes of taking the nip at John Sutton's big brother for slating the Rangers defence on TV. Maybe he needs to re-prioritise,and cut out the distractions.

His position won't be under serious scrutiny in the boardroom until the winter kicks in, so we just have to hope that he can turn this round. The indications really aren't too promising, however.

36 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

All we ask as St mirren fans is a team that give 100% and give us,team to be proud off all raes interviews as the same squads to unbalanced and goody shouldn't have been let go he's not got it doesn't know his best team yet sooner this imposter isxaway the better on paper got really good squad why are queens and Raith so far ahead its not good enough this is when well see what Gordon Scott is,made off hope am wrong if this goes on fans will vote with there feet and may stop d/d to smisa Rae's got 2 weeks to get them ready for queens lose that then it should be curtains for him

I am not disagreeing with any of your post, but if people stop DD's then they are going against what they signed up for which is to eventually gain control of the club and be the people responsible for appointing managers etc., if people pull out we become less able to do so. As it stands you can use [email protected] by the several methods shown on www.smisa.net and put in any points you want addressed, our board member can then bring these points up at club board meetings and get an answer for us.

All you want isn't Alex Rae to do well. You want him to lose the next few games an get the sack. Pick one or the other. At least be consistent.

we are crap . In fact I was hoping we would lose not just this game but the next few just to get Rae out the door it really is terrible stufff.

That's a quote from the match day thread from you

I calmed down by the time I wrote that mate.

15 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

There are little chinks of light:

1. We had a defensive midfielder on trial.

2. He changed the formation.

3. He talked about the futility of "shelling it".

At least Rae seems to know what the issues are and is trying to change things.

If Alex Rae had come in after Murray departed, and after watching us for two games thought to himself 'fcuk sake, this team needs a couple of solid holding midfielders, the formation shouldn't be a soft as shite 442, the daft cnuts are launching aimless high balls all the time, let me sort this...' Then fine, great, dandy. However, the lack of holding midfielders, the soft as shite formations, the aimless shelling it long.... Fcuk all to do with Murray, or Teale, or Craig. All down to him. His signings. His tactics. His management.

WTF has he been telling them all pre-season at Ralston? WTF has he been seeing when he assembled his squad this transfer window, and finally, WTF has he been watching all season both in the League Cup and League campaign?

Rae is merely a continuation of Murray's utter clusterfcuk of shite. The only difference I can see is that Murray was quiet and aloof while Rae is an abrasive wee Sevconian type.... Neither of which proved / are proving any damn use to St Mirren FC.

Any manager worthy of the title could see the glaringly obvious "missing link" in our midfield. He had the chance to fill that role but instead decided to add yet another aging striker. It didn't make sense to keep Clarkson then employ Sutton, and bringing in players with injury records when he had openly stated we would be running with a smaller squad. Smaller squads need versatile and robust players. We are being overrun by supposedly less talented midfields when without the ball and ignoring our midfield when we are in possession. I can't see where this team are going to progress with the tactics employed by AR.

It'll be interesting to see how Rae will get treayed by the media if this poor run continues. BBC pundits give Tam Craig a justifiably tough time, but I wonder if former colleague and friend of the media Alex will experience a similar level of scrutiny and criticism.

Bizarre as it may seem I honestly think Rae sees his current employ as somehow beneath his status ?! When he started with us he referred to a good wee set up and a good wee club, that maybe he could do something with. I remember thinking that he was sending out a message that we were somehow lucky to land him !!

Now IMO we are paying the price for somehow being a wee club that demands some oh his attention while he opines and indulges in his one true love up the road.

I honestly think the guy isn't doing all he can for us, he somehow underestimate the job required at St Mirren and fans expectations. I always feel he somehow patronises the club and that certainly seems to be the case on the evidence of our season so far.  I don't think he's galvanising players or fans at all.

Must do better ASAP or get him replaced. The ball for the moment appears to be with Rae, but we expect improvements now.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

It'll be interesting to see how Rae will get treayed by the media if this poor run continues. BBC pundits give Tam Craig a justifiably tough time, but I wonder if former colleague and friend of the media Alex will experience a similar level of scrutiny and criticism.

The media won't give a fcuk. We are a middleweight Championship club and the 'Old Firm' show is back in town. Alex Rae's struggles will be mentioned briefly during reports on 'Open All Mics' and there will be little else, outwith a possible Chico meltdown live on air and some PDE column inches. Otherwise, forget it. It's the Rodgers v Warburton show, Joey Barton and Scott Brown mouthing off, and a host of Scottish media types with staunners' for the entire week leading up to their first game.

10 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The media won't give a fcuk. We are a middleweight Championship club and the 'Old Firm' show is back in town. Alex Rae's struggles will be mentioned briefly during reports on 'Open All Mics' and there will be little else, outwith a possible Chico meltdown live on air and some PDE column inches. Otherwise, forget it. It's the Rodgers v Warburton show, Joey Barton and Scott Brown mouthing off, and a host of Scottish media types with staunners' for the entire week leading up to their first game.

Aye. That'll be about the size of it.

New chairman, new era, new manager.

Gordon Scott won't hang about too much longer and watch things failing so badly on the pitch.

The big problem for the club is can we afford to pay off yet another management team only 8 months onto their contracts.

It will be an interesting next 5 weeks down at St Mirren Park.

Match reports in the press are a joke a token few lines yet English clubs get bigger coverage.

At similar points in the previous 2 seasons, I thought we'd be going nowhere other than downwards should we persist with the then managers. I was proven right, and I feel no different now despite being encouraged by our mini-revival last season under Rae. Can anyone see where we'll get a league win from? If I'm right we've had 8 home league wins in the last 2 years, that's why st Mirren park is like a morgue and it's completely unacceptable, the new board need to pay attention to that and sort this out one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Gordy 1877 said:

At similar points in the previous 2 seasons, I thought we'd be going nowhere other than downwards should we persist with the then managers. I was proven right, and I feel no different now despite being encouraged by our mini-revival last season under Rae. Can anyone see where we'll get a league win from? If I'm right we've had 8 home league wins in the last 2 years, that's why st Mirren park is like a morgue and it's completely unacceptable, the new board need to pay attention to that and sort this out one way or another. 

Home many home league wins did Tommy Craig, Ian Murray and Gary Teale achieve during their 18 months in charge... and how many has Alex Rae had in about 6 months of league football at Greenhill Road?

I'm starting to wonder WTF Rae is on when he is being interviewed!! Shelling it, Brave, FFS. If the team are shelling it up park, get out of the dug-out and sort them out. I've only managed one game this season against Morton as I'm back down in the dark side. I thought shelling was a one off, but seeing the highlights of the past three games "shelling it" has become part of our play and Rae's spineless tactics.

Looking at our team on paper they seem a half decent team. Rae must be writing the team down on toilet paper!

Rae needs to understand that St. Mirren supporters will only take so much shit, (and it's getting close to the bottom lip), then the BOD will see the already low home and away attendance get even worse.  

Maybe if we can get one win under our belt then things will turn around for the better ........................ So it's over to you now Mr. Alex Rae ................ time will tell.  

the players are not doing what they are being instructed to do ... and Rae is getting more and more frustrated with it.... the players dont have any confidence or belief in themselves right now ... you can see it almost down to a man ... the more experienced players in the side seem to have themselves together and at least try to show that but what the team lacks on the park is a leader ... Thats clear for everyone to see ... the manager can organise all he likes during the week but come match day its down to the players to perform and a captain strong enough to lead them from the back or the middle of the park.

24 minutes ago, Nigerian Panda said:

I'm starting to wonder WTF Rae is on when he is being interviewed!! Shelling it, Brave, FFS. If the team are shelling it up park, get out of the dug-out and sort them out. I've only managed one game this season against Morton as I'm back down in the dark side. I thought shelling was a one off, but seeing the highlights of the past three games "shelling it" has become part of our play and Rae's spineless tactics.

Looking at our team on paper they seem a half decent team. Rae must be writing the team down on toilet paper!

Rae needs to understand that St. Mirren supporters will only take so much shit, (and it's getting close to the bottom lip), then the BOD will see the already low home and away attendance get even worse.  

Maybe if we can get one win under our belt then things will turn around for the better ........................ So it's over to you now Mr. Alex Rae ................ time will tell.  

So in what ways did you disagree with his post match assessment? I usually find he calls a spade a spade (and then some forum members criticise him in case the spades' feelings are hurt for being labelled spades). If he offers a positive comment on the performance then people moan 'what game is he watching'. Once again Rae has offered a spot on honest assessment, we are not good to watch, struggling for results and low on confidence individually and collectively and as a result the players are lumping the ball forward even though Rae claims this is not what he is asking them to do. In my experience Rae is hardly ever in the dug out and mostly spends the 90 minutes on the touch line sending out instructions and trying to encourage the players.

In conclusion Rae's post match comments make much more sense than your drivel about the starting XI being scribbled on toilet paper and Rae not coming out the dug out to coach the team during games. Rae has said we are an SPL club playing in the Championship and have an SPL stadium, SPL training facilities, good U20 players. I am sure he is in no doubt that the current performances from the team and results are not good enough - when he has said performances are "not acceptable" roasters like yourself mock him for saying it.

Can any of the starting XI or subs improve of what they've 'achieved' so far this season. Morgan and Walsh have looked useful at times, Hardie shows some potential too, other than that the players have been meh at best.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Can't see the point of another change in management just yet. TBH, I doubt another manager would do much more than what Rae did last season. Stabilise things and keep us in the Championship.

In all honesty, the problems remain off field. The club is in a downward spiral and it'll take a helluva a job by the new Administration to stop the decline sooner rather than later.

Only then will any manager be able to start building something on the park.

3 minutes ago, Dalrybud said:

Can't see the point of another change in management just yet. TBH, I doubt another manager would do much more than what Rae did last season. Stabilise things and keep us in the Championship.

In all honesty, the problems remain off field. The club is in a downward spiral and it'll take a helluva a job by the new Administration to stop the decline sooner rather than later.

Only then will any manager be able to start building something on the park.

Yep, I agree with this. 

Fourth season in a row we've started off badly with plenty of threads calling for the managers head by the end of August (maybe Murray's first was a bit later) - Lennon got a few good results then see-sawed his way through his final season with us, Craig didn't and got sacked in December 2014 and Murray didn't and resigned last December.

Fourth year in a row I've said give the guy till December.

Same tie next year. :wacko:

With all that's going on off the field this year with the take over and new people finding their feet on the board - I think if we are still in the same position come Xmas then I'm sure there will be a change but I do think that we should get behind the team as much as we can.

I did give Rae a bit of lip yesterday but that was down to him not encouraging from the side when we were struggling. I think he could be more vocal from the touch line.