St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 10/9/16

shull

FT 1-3

Fair scoreline, Queens much the better side, probably deserved to win by more to be honest. We are bottom and we deserve to be, we are the worst team in the league.

Similar feeling to last year and the year before. Our manager is in his death throes waiting to be put out his misery. Everyone knows Rae is leaving shortly. He knows it, the players know it, the fans know it and I'm sure the BOD do too.

It's a question of when not if. I think the when should be this evening, it's more likely to be after we lose in Dumbarton next week. That was Murrays final fixture last season too. Just another case of history repeating.

Jack Ross or Gus MacPherson please.

4th is still achievable, but the entire squad need a massive awakening. They can't get away with some of the basic failures they are repeating. 

Our defence is all over the place, a lack of communication and basic positioning is evident,any defender worth anything should be capable of at least displaying some awareness of what's happening around them.

Our midfield players are not good enough to decide they don't have to do the tracking back and defending that they are required. Hutton, was the only one closing players, and making himself available for out balls, it's not good enough. Mallan especially needs to screw his head, if he's any idea of playing at a higher level. He's no where near good enough, that his goals alone will get him there.

We need to give our strikers half a chance. Passing the ball across the pitch, then turning back only allows the defence to get organised. Big floated balls into the box, help no one.

This isn't stuff that a manger should be telling players, it' stuff they should know even for the most basic levels of football.

Seen green shoots today as in a bit of fight, however defence is utterly shocking. Got an early train home feeling sick and deflected.

Fight?

When?

That's one of the most spineless saints performances I've ever seen. The players - Morgan excepted - never looked the slightest bit bothered second half.

They clearly aren't playing for the manager for whatever reason.

Fight?

When?

That's one of the most spineless saints performances I've ever seen. The players - Morgan excepted - never looked the slightest bit bothered second half.

They clearly aren't playing for the manager for whatever reason.

Mate I have not got any energy to argue completely gutted. Defence is as bad as you can get. Webster had a nightmare. However I seen a bit more fight in this game compared to other games. Is Rae the man no not for me. I left early should tell you all you need to know.

3 thoughts from today.

Lewis Morgan is the only player who deserves wages this week. 

Alex Rae must go. 

Most importantly, I hope the QOS fan who was taken away on a stretcher is ok. Looked like they received CPR at the bottom of the stand. 

Edited by davidg

One of the most interesting things about today was the sub of Webster.

3-1 down at home with 20 odd minutes to go, he swaps the centre half for another centre half.

Webster clearly wasn't injured, but was having a nightmare. It seemed like Rae did it to humiliate him.

7 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

I think the players have turned their backs on the manager. He has come in publicly with the hard mad attitude and they've stuck their fingers up at him.

If that is true then they should all be sacked. They are well paid to kick a ball and represent the club paying their wage. I have had jobs where I didn't like my manager but if I deliberately under performed I would have been fired and only myself to blame.  Alex Ferguson, Jock Stein, Jim McLean and Jock Wallace were disliked by players but still went out and did their job.

One of the most interesting things about today was the sub of Webster.

3-1 down at home with 20 odd minutes to go, he swaps the centre half for another centre half.

Webster clearly wasn't injured, but was having a nightmare. It seemed like Rae did it to humiliate him.

It was a bit odd but Webster was terrible today, perhaps a message albeit a bit late...

Webster wasn't alone...Mallan was brutal....as was Naismith, Irvine Langfield and most of the rest!

Morgan got pass marks and at least showed some fight and talent.... actually thought Hutton was okish and at least showed for a pass now and again

Reckon Rae will be lucky to see the next couple of games out, what has happened, last year he did a decent job of steadying the ship and signed ok during the summer or so I thought...

Brutal stuff....

7 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

If that is true then they should all be sacked. They are well paid to kick a ball and represent the club paying their wage. I have had jobs where I didn't like my manager but if I deliberately under performed I would have been fired and only myself to blame.  Alex Ferguson, Jock Stein, Jim McLean and Jock Wallace were disliked by players but still went out and did their job.

The problem is that it isn't 1980 any more.

You can't talk to young people like that now - they simply won't respond positively.

It's not about kicking people up the arse, it's about treating them with respect as adults.

If you try kicking people you will get a short term reaction from them. Then it all goes inevitably to hell in a handcart.

You MUST treat people with respect to gain their trust and their respect in turn. There is no alternative.

11 minutes ago, davidg said:

Most importantly, I hope the QOS fan who was was taken away on a stretcher is ok. Looked like they received CPR at the bottom of the stand. 

I left a minute or two early and passed a QoS fan on his mobile saying he was taken to RAH about half four and could they (on the other end) find out how he was doing.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The problem is that it isn't 1980 any more.

You can't talk to young people like that now - they simply won't respond positively.

It's not about kicking people up the arse, it's about treating them with respect as adults.

If you try kicking people you will get a short term reaction from them. Then it all goes inevitably to hell in a handcart.

You MUST treat people with respect to gain their trust and their respect in turn. There is no alternative.

The problem is that if the players are not playing for the manager then they should be playing for their own self respect and for the Fans who pay to watch this crap

Shambolic performance . Rae gas no idea how to organise a team especially at the back. Not one week has picked the same team. What has Hardie done to justify his place in the team today. Walsh is the new McMullan he never goes past a defender. Midfield are not even worth a mention . Time up 4 Rae. At least he'll get a taxi ok Farrell can go with him. Mr Scott first be decision let's hope he doesn't bottle it.