St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 10/9/16

shull

6 minutes ago, SBS said:

Enough been said about the game. I agree that Morgan was the only one who looked like he gave a shit today.

Another thing I need to ask....what is the role of the ball boys?

3-1 down at home heading into the last 15. Ball goes out for our throw in and our keeper, after a few seconds delay, obviously waiting on the ball being retrieved, has to head off the park into the corner of the stadium to get the ball himself whilst every single ball boy was sitting on their butts!

Now I know this did not effect the game today as we were never going to get back into it, but this is the norm these daysw. Unless the ball bounces at their feet, they do not make any effort to retrieve it and players waste time chasing after it.

Yet another thing that needs sorted.

Youth players who mostly don't give a shit

There was some along from me laughing and joking watching the club put in hapless display

I know most of them support the gruesome twosome

If we go down again where does that leave the youth system

Just now, windae cleaner said:

Youth players who mostly don't give a shit

There was some along from me laughing and joking watching the club put in hapless display

I know most of them support the gruesome twosome

If we go down again where does that leave the youth system

Exactly. Now I don't want them to all be Saints fans, but when representing our club they should be showing respect. If not, they don't get the chance to disrespect it a second time. Same goes for everyone associated with the club. We are fast becoming a shambles and a laughing stock.

Guest TPAFKATS
It wasn't anything to do with Alex .....

Saints continue to wait for their first win of the league season after losing to Queen of the South. Manager Alex Rae gives his thoughts.

He said: “We’re obviously in a difficult place. We’re conceding goals with considerable ease at the moment and it’s not the young ones, it’s the senior ones who are causing the problems. Unfortunately we’re making it very difficult for ourselves. We equalised and we allow them to just waltz up the pitch unopposed and get a tap in. It’s extremely disappointing.

“We created a couple of chances in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. We need to remain positive. When I was at Dundee, we started the season exactly the same the opening five games without a win and we finished third so we know we can turn it round.”

Today’s results means Saints are now bottom of the table and the fans made their displeasure known during and after the match. The manager added: “I can understand people’s frustration, I’m as frustrated as anyone. This has got nothing to do with tactics, this is purely down to individuals who, unfortunately, are crumbling under a bit of pressure.”

Leaving aside the refusal to believe there's a tactical problem; now that's he has singled out the experienced individuals are to blame for us shipping goals will he drop them?

Based on langfield playing today after selling 2 last week, I doubt it.

Arrived back in Livingston about 1.5 hours ago.Boy was that painful to watch today and can just about now sum up my feelings.Rae in my opinion has lost the dressing room and has to go now.He has assembled an unbalanced squad and it shows but some are decent players.Those around me agreed we have the core of a side that should be doing much better and in my opinion we have arguably better players than Queens but our tactics and shape are all wrong.For some reason the players are low in confidence and not responding to the manager.His time for me is up and we could conceivably be playing for the first time in our history in the third tier of Scottish Football.I realise that Andy Webster like others had a poor match but Rae should not have hung him out dry today..He is a seasoned pro and former international defender and did not deserve that treatment.Finally where did Rae disappear to for the last 15 minutes or so of the match? hIs actions today were that of a man who has completely lost the plot.

Leaving aside the refusal to believe there's a tactical problem; now that's he has singled out the experienced individuals are to blame for us shipping goals will he drop them?

Based on langfield playing today after selling 2 last week, I doubt it.

No matter anyone's opinions on Langfield or Gallacher but you can't deny that both have been hung out to dry by Rae.

They played 2 cups games each if I remember correctly. Then Langfield started first 2 league games then was dropped for Gall, then Gall played 2 league games and was then dropped for Langfield.

We now have 2 keepers who will have absolutely zero confidence due to Raes pissing about.

36 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It wasn't anything to do with Alex .....

Saints continue to wait for their first win of the league season after losing to Queen of the South. Manager Alex Rae gives his thoughts.

He said: “We’re obviously in a difficult place. We’re conceding goals with considerable ease at the moment and it’s not the young ones, it’s the senior ones who are causing the problems. Unfortunately we’re making it very difficult for ourselves. We equalised and we allow them to just waltz up the pitch unopposed and get a tap in. It’s extremely disappointing.

“We created a couple of chances in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. We need to remain positive. When I was at Dundee, we started the season exactly the same the opening five games without a win and we finished third so we know we can turn it round.”

Today’s results means Saints are now bottom of the table and the fans made their displeasure known during and after the match. The manager added: “I can understand people’s frustration, I’m as frustrated as anyone. This has got nothing to do with tactics, this is purely down to individuals who, unfortunately, are crumbling under a bit of pressure.”

Posting this on the various threads in a bit to undo my (unintentional damage). This bit should be at the bottom:

“It’s hard for me to watch as well at the moment but I’m part of it and I was obviously responsible for bringing these guys in so obviously the blame lies at my door.”

No matter anyone's opinions on Langfield or Gallacher but you can't deny that both have been hung out to dry by Rae.

They played 2 cups games each if I remember correctly. Then Langfield started first 2 league games then was dropped for Gall, then Gall played 2 league games and was then dropped for Langfield.

We now have 2 keepers who will have absolutely zero confidence due to Raes pissing about.

No mate we have two keepers who are absolutely hopeless. Langfield in particular!!!

6-1 would not have flattered us today. Queens missed at least two one one ones.

Can only echo some of the sentimentd on here. We are absolutely rudderless and lack a real leader that can help the younger members of the team. Wee Morgan was terrific today and showed up his experienced team mates with his drive, willingness to take his full back on and generally caring about what was happening out there.

If Rae gets punted we could do no worse than approaching Yogi Hughes. For me, he ticks all the boxes - out of work therefore no compensation to be paid, has worked in this division with great success, can work on a shoestring, can get the best out of.younger players and being an ex centre half will address the glaring deficiencies at the centre of our defence.

6 minutes ago, The Real Zippy said:

As shite as we were I take issue with this.

The Queens keeper had two great saves from Mallan's free kick and Hardies shot at the end of the first half. We also had one cleared off the line and Morgan hit the post with the keeper well beaten.

Ironically today was our best attacking performance, that I've seen, this season.

Just bloody depressing, every time there's a glimpse of light and opportunity we get squads who take that
feel good factor as a chance to slack off rather than an opportunity to advance themselves and the club.
No heart, no stomach, no balls. Just can't be arsed!
Every bloody time - sick of it.

2007 Dramatic relegation escape –  What an opportunity
2009 Stadium Move debt free –  What an opportunity
2010 League Cup Final v 9 man Rangers  –  What an opportunity
2013 Win League Cup –  What an opportunity
2016 Fan buy out –  What an opportunity

Will go with this thread so who were the fans in the north stand since the QOTS fans were in the west stand  ?  Is it because our clever :lol:  CEO Tony thinks it is better to put around 100 freebies in the north stand and shaft the west stand supporters again by splitting the stand with the away fans ? 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A couple of years ago the common view was the Hughes would be a crap manager.

We need to calm down a wee bit here and take a longer view.

Rae should be allowed to get through this season and we take it from there IMO.

So if he gets the season and we get relegated what will your thoughts be then .

23 minutes ago, The Real Zippy said:

Can only echo some of the sentimentd on here. We are absolutely rudderless and lack a real leader that can help the younger members of the team. Wee Morgan was terrific today and showed up his experienced team mates with his drive, willingness to take his full back on and generally caring about what was happening out there.

If Rae gets punted we could do no worse than approaching Yogi Hughes. For me, he ticks all the boxes - out of work therefore no compensation to be paid, has worked in this division with great success, can work on a shoestring, can get the best out of.younger players and being an ex centre half will address the glaring deficiencies at the centre of our defence.

Hughes is quoted in the past few days (or at least that's when I read it) as saying he wants a job in England.

It's a results driven business, presently we are driving down south , Deep South.

Lets be honest, the writing was on the wall at the league cup stage, the meek surrender,  even at the pre real competition bit, the pish recruitment, the abrasive style of manager maybe not to everyone, or anyone's taste, now we have the latest reversal to a team that are well organised around a part time barman, f**k me !!

My kids are now pointing and laughing at the team they support ffs ! 

We need to stop this reversal now.

Step up Scott and Fitzpatrick, act now , get this shit sorted, somehow, NOW !! NOW !!! If it's a review, a method restructure, a sacking, I couldn't care, but we need a right good re assessment on the playing , managing , governance level and it should start  tomorrow morning. If the present powers that be cannot get this sorted,well, they maybe need an honest look at what they are contributing and what effect it's having.

How difficult is it ???? 

Maybe we are just continually unlucky <_< Maybe we erm, don't like pressure.

Imho we have players who find playing for us a chore

FFS !!!

2 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Arrived back in Livingston about 1.5 hours ago.Boy was that painful to watch today and can just about now sum up my feelings.Rae in my opinion has lost the dressing room and has to go now.He has assembled an unbalanced squad and it shows but some are decent players.Those around me agreed we have the core of a side that should be doing much better and in my opinion we have arguably better players than Queens but our tactics and shape are all wrong.For some reason the players are low in confidence and not responding to the manager.His time for me is up and we could conceivably be playing for the first time in our history in the third tier of Scottish Football.I realise that Andy Webster like others had a poor match but Rae should not have hung him out dry today..He is a seasoned pro and former international defender and did not deserve that treatment.Finally where did Rae disappear to for the last 15 minutes or so of the match? hIs actions today were that of a man who has completely lost the plot.

He is a seasoned pro and former international defender that feigned injury when at Rangers till they let him go. Webster is and has always been only interested in one thing,

ANDY WEBSTER 

Apart from that I agree

1 hour ago, Eaglesham saint said:

He is a seasoned pro and former international defender that feigned injury when at Rangers till they let him go. Webster is and has always been only interested in one thing,

ANDY WEBSTER 

Apart from that I agree

I remember the game last season when we lost 3-2 to Falkirk after being 2-0 up. After they scored a last minute winner, Webster was trotting up the pitch having a chat with a Falkirk player. I always try to support players, but Webster doesn't give a shit. I have no idea how someone with his attitude can be captain.

I remember the game last season when we lost 3-2 to Falkirk after being 2-0 up. After they scored a last minute winner, Webster was trotting up the pitch having a chat with a Falkirk player. I always try to support players, but Webster doesn't give a shit. I have no idea how someone with his attitude can be captain.

Agree with this. He's simply the worst Saints captain I've ever seen. Clearly has no interest in the club whatsoever and didn't look the least bit arsed today.

There is no doubt that today was painful. Earlier posters have mentioned that our attacking play was the best we have seen this season. Others have mentioned that the QOS goalkeeper made 5 (I made it 5) great saves, a ball was cleared off the line and that we hit the post. In general, at least in my opinion, the midfield and front players were decent. We continued to be fragile at the back, particularly on the break. It was clear to all, I think, that Andy Webster had a poor game. I think Rae was right to sub him. Were Andy Webster in Rae's shoes, I have the feeling that he would have done the same. It is no sin to age and slow down (believe me and I should know!). He has been a good pro, is still good when facing the ball coming to him but is now very vulnerable when he has to turn and is likely to be beaten in a race for the ball. He has a role to play at the club but perhaps no longer a stand out first choice. Let's not belittle our own players.

Webster is out turned by milk. Always has been. Sadly for us we are simply his additional pension top ups. Since day one, he has  been a pathetic contributor to St mirrens cause. He is, in his defence ( oops ) not alone.

Talked up his move to us, another one we were seemingly " lucky to get ", oh really. 

Unhappy that we failed on objective one which was to at least compete.

Don't know where we go from here

I could call for the manager's head, but the idiots of 2014 have played that card to death

Sad to say, the club were doing well with a manager that knew how to find a way around a problem

So we dumped him for a series of duds who coudn't get near him

The owner is conspicuous by his silence 

So one direct debit duly cancelled, at least

There are some wage takers at the club, but not one leader

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

One of the most interesting things about today was the sub of Webster.

3-1 down at home with 20 odd minutes to go, he swaps the centre half for another centre half.

Webster clearly wasn't injured, but was having a nightmare. It seemed like Rae did it to humiliate him.

No,he did it to prevent us getting beat 4 or 5-1, Webster is a liability, his luck of pace and positional play was exposed today. The manager did Webster,and himself subbing him. He shouldn`t start a game again for us

7 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Walsh is the new McMullan he never goes past a defender. Midfield are not even worth a mention . Time up 4 Rae. At least he'll get a taxi ok Farrell can go with him. Mr Scott first be decision let's hope he doesn't bottle it.

Walsh has 2 goals in his last 2 league games... how does he deserve to be compared with McMullan?