St Mirren v Queen of the South Championship 10/9/16

shull

47 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

The treatment of webster was poor. Naismith gets away with any criticism cos he's young and a fan. He's also woefully out hid depth. If he was ex rangers hedge hounded. Funny how the boo boys pick the guts they dislike

I put this post through google translate and it said "whit"

Worst moment was when the QOTS Manager was up, driving his team forward and demanding more at 3 - 1 whilst our management team were sat on the bench demanding nothing. I'm not a guy who needs the manager up 100% of the game, but all we seem to see is pointing, Rae looking unhappy or Farrell punching his hand to say "get stuck in".

Just now, oaksoft said:

The approach at this stage is for the management to change style.

I am only assuming they are too aggressive for the players liking and I may be wrong but IF this is the case, they need to tone it right down and start again with them.

This is the only option.

OR... and i know you're not going to like this.... change the manager. GLS and Fitzy didn't choose Rae and i'd suggest that he's doing his best to give them their first difficult decision of their tenure.

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

OR... and i know you're not going to like this.... change the manager. GLS and Fitzy didn't choose Rae and i'd suggest that he's doing his best to give them their first difficult decision of their tenure.

Yes, yes you certainly COULD change the manager.

Then what? Hope that it works out? Again? For the fifth time in 3 years?

That sounds like lunacy right there.

What if it doesn't work out?

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We need to take a step back here.

In just 3 years since Danny left we have ploughed our way through Craig, Teale, Murray and now apparently Rae.

At what point do we accept this is not just about the cheap option backfiring?

We must stop this OF-style behaviour and start accepting that we need to leave our managers alone for the whole season to give them a chance to solve the problems in front of them. It is lunacy to keep sacking managers the second we start having problems. We can't afford it. Better managers will take one look at us and think "f**k that". We are starting to embarass ourselves and IMO fans need to STFU and leave the team to sort itself out.

We have only sacked 1 manager in 13 years. So the "KEEP SACKING MANAGERS" is alot of Shit just like the team.

Just now, Ronnie said:

We have only sacked 1 manager in 13 years. So the "KEEP SACKING MANAGERS" is alot of Shit just like the team.

You are playing with words bud.

We have ploughed through 4 managers in just 3 years and now we are talking about a 5th.

If you want to pretend that is OK because we haven't physically sacked them then go ahead.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes, yes you certainly COULD change the manager.

Then what? Hope that it works out? Again? For the fifth time in 3 years?

That sounds like lunacy right there.

What if it doesn't work out?

I agree to an extent but if we could persuade the likes of John Hughes i'd be willing to take that  chance.

Just now, proudtobeabuddy said:

I agree to an extent but if we could persuade the likes of John Hughes i'd be willing to take that  chance.

A couple of years ago the common view was the Hughes would be a crap manager.

We need to calm down a wee bit here and take a longer view.

Rae should be allowed to get through this season and we take it from there IMO.

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

One of the most interesting things about today was the sub of Webster.

3-1 down at home with 20 odd minutes to go, he swaps the centre half for another centre half.

Webster clearly wasn't injured, but was having a nightmare. It seemed like Rae did it to humiliate him.

He replaced Webster as he was playing shite. Rae doesn't have the tactical nous to do anything else. Hopefully that is the last we see of the aging waster. Better still he could resign himself !

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You are playing with words bud.

We have ploughed through 4 managers in just 3 years and now we are talking about a 5th.

If you want to pretend that is OK because we haven't physically sacked them then go ahead.

Not playing with words just quoted what you said.

I never said it was ok (looks like your playing with words not me).

Looks like your in minority of one wanting to keep Rae till end of season.

If we take your advice will definitely be in 3rd tier next season.

If he really wanted to embarrass him he would have left him on the park as he was getting absolutely roasted.

Well he did for 70 minutes. He hung him out to dry by subbing him like that. The game was over, there was hardly anything to be gained by taking him off. It's not as if he put a forward on in his stead and changed the system. He would have realised the crowd were going to jeer him and they did.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It's interesting... Ultimately it won't be our decision but i'm sure the chairman will be thinking of what to do next at this moment.

Today certainly put to bed a theory that Baird was the problem at the back.

It was never him and the defence has actually got worse since McKenzie came in. Jack has got pace and can get himself out of holes, Webster and McKenzie don't and can't. We've conceded 6 goals in 2 games with that centre half pairing.

I would drop them both and start Baird and Gordon next week.

Exactly. He was getting torn apart so he got taken off. Fairly straightforward.

Folk saying a St Mirren captain should never be booed - let's worry about that when he starts acting like a leader.

I mentioned that the captain shouldn't have been booed but I didn't mean that the fans shouldn't do it I meant that they shouldn't feel they need to. We should be seeing him trying and leading. If we saw that we wouldn't need to boo or jeer him.

Webster did a better job of embarrassing himself today than Rae ever could.

Those asking the point in taking him off... We were 3-1 down and Queens had missed two sitters in quick succession when Webster left. How many goals did we ship thereafter?

Going 352 steadied the ship... But a back 3 containing Webster is a scary thought.

Shame to see any player treated like that but he is no defender, no captain and no leader. He was the master of his own fate!

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We will be in the 3rd division if that was allowed to happen

We are rock bottom,totally outplayed by a part time team who ended up toying with us

Apart from Quinn that was Rae strongest team

A shambolic defence,weak midfield and a static forward line

Subs that came on actually weakened the team instead of a boost

His signings who have been poor,not hit or miss like you get

All miss as Fergie said "Your signings determine how you will get on"

Hard to know where to start with that pathetic performance - for me Morgan is the only player to come out of today's game with any credit. Not only was he the best player on the park, at least he looked as if he gave a f#ck about what was happening ! 

For me that was the last straw today - Rae clearly doesn't have a clue tactically and as it stands a relegation battle looms ........ deep f#cken joy ! 

2 minutes ago, Dare said:

Hard to know where to start with that pathetic performance - for me Morgan is the only player to come out of today's game with any credit. Not only was he the best player on the park, at least he looked as if he gave a f#ck about what was happening ! 

For me that was the last straw today - Rae clearly doesn't have a clue tactically and as it stands a relegation battle looms ........ deep f#cken joy ! 

I'm not convinced we'll be in a relegation battle. It looks more like we've already lost the war.

How many times can we try the same formation and expect different results?
Is that not the definition of insanity.
If Queens pack the middle and get ammunition to Dobbie they will rip us a new one!
Hutton and Mallan are NOT a central midfield partnership!

If a simpleton fan like me can predict our capitulation based on seeing the lineup and working out the formation, why oh why can our manager not?

That central midfield puts additional pressure on what we laughingly call our defence.

And don't start me on Langfield! Bring back Scrimmy!

Ironically when we played down the wings we looked quite dangerous... But then the crossfield passes involving the midfield would kick in and we were instantly in trouble.

Use the wings. Hit the line. Feed Sutton.

Taking Sutton off when the formation had just been changed to suit his strengths was indefensible.

I have never lost faith in a manager so quickly. I stuck by Gus. I wanted Danny to get a new contract. I even tried hard to will Murray to turn it around. Rae has just bamboozled me at how bad his matchday decisions can be when he has assembled our strongest squad in a while.

Enough been said about the game. I agree that Morgan was the only one who looked like he gave a shit today.

Another thing I need to ask....what is the role of the ball boys?

3-1 down at home heading into the last 15. Ball goes out for our throw in and our keeper, after a few seconds delay, obviously waiting on the ball being retrieved, has to head off the park into the corner of the stadium to get the ball himself whilst every single ball boy was sitting on their butts!

Now I know this did not effect the game today as we were never going to get back into it, but this is the norm these daysw. Unless the ball bounces at their feet, they do not make any effort to retrieve it and players waste time chasing after it.

Yet another thing that needs sorted.

It wasn't anything to do with Alex .....

Saints continue to wait for their first win of the league season after losing to Queen of the South. Manager Alex Rae gives his thoughts.

He said: “We’re obviously in a difficult place. We’re conceding goals with considerable ease at the moment and it’s not the young ones, it’s the senior ones who are causing the problems. Unfortunately we’re making it very difficult for ourselves. We equalised and we allow them to just waltz up the pitch unopposed and get a tap in. It’s extremely disappointing.

“We created a couple of chances in the first half where their keeper pulled off a couple of decent saves. We need to remain positive. When I was at Dundee, we started the season exactly the same the opening five games without a win and we finished third so we know we can turn it round.”

Today’s results means Saints are now bottom of the table and the fans made their displeasure known during and after the match. The manager added: “I can understand people’s frustration, I’m as frustrated as anyone. This has got nothing to do with tactics, this is purely down to individuals who, unfortunately, are crumbling under a bit of pressure.”