What would you spend £8K on?

div

So SMiSA will soon be polling to ask the members how they would like to see the first trache of "extra money" spent.

They are forecasting to have £8K available and of course the club will be providing details of what they think they are needing but let's hear your own suggestions on how you think the money could be invested.

At the end of the day personally I would like to see the first bit of money spent on something tangible that the fans can see and benefit from but I've no idea what that might be.

A contribution towards the disabled fans platform for example?

Can't believe I agree with Shull but I would be putting it aside until we had a pot of at least £100k. And that should remain until Smisa fully take over.

We shouldnt be using this for anything that should be done day to day by the club

Going towards the disabled platform would be a great idea which would leave a bit of a legacy

Under absolutely no circumstances should this be used beef up the playing squad

5 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Can't believe I agree with Shull but I would be putting it aside until we had a pot of at least £100k. And that should remain until Smisa fully take over.

We shouldnt be using this for anything that should be done day to day by the club

Going towards the disabled platform would be a great idea which

Under absolutely no circumstances should this be used beef up the playing squad

I cannae believe most on here dinnae agree with what I say. 

Boooo 

:o

1 minute ago, Stuart Dickson said:

A youth football tournament at Easter, May or for next October. Run properly it should return more than the initial outlay.

It also serves the purpose of providing good communication channels with each of the clubs involved and it provides a scouting opportunity with players all in one place.

Easter is no use. Car Park will be rampacked with Airport parkers away their holidays. 

1 hour ago, div said:

So SMiSA will soon be polling to ask the members how they would like to see the first trache of "extra money" spent.

They are forecasting to have £8K available and of course the club will be providing details of what they think they are needing but let's hear your own suggestions on how you think the money could be invested.

At the end of the day personally I would like to see the first bit of money spent on something tangible that the fans can see or shull could hear and benefit from but I've no idea what that might be.

A contribution towards the disabled fans platform for example?

Like Tannoy.

The money shouldn't be used for on-field, squad purposes - or certainly not the first team squad at any rate. That way dischord, squabbling, dummy-spitting, and melodramatic SMiSA resignations lie.

Use the money for club infrastructure purposes, such as improved disabled facilities as Div suggests.

£8K is a small sum in many respects, so I can see the benefit of putting it away and letting a more meaningful fund build up (again, NOT for buying players).

If pushed, I would say leave it until it builds to around £50K and erect a decent, sheltered viewing area for disabled supporters.

Edited by Drew

Appreciate the suggestion of a rainy day fund but I thought the SMiSA packages that cost a few grand a time were created solely for that purpose.

Disabled platform is a good idea. Failing that it should be on something that will generate more money for the club in the long term, such as an extra member of staff for the commercial or marketing departments (if the latter even exists). Or we could spend it on a running track and a coffee shop :ph34r:

50% stuck away for rainy day, the other 50% spent (or ringfenced) on structural improvements (disabled platform for starters, then look at what else can be done in and around the stadium to generate revenue or improve customer experience).

Must not be used to shore up day to day operating costs unless on a cash for equity basis.