What would you spend £8K on?

div

HoF boards. That'll cost a few hundred quid, but we're now past the three-and-a-half year ago induction of Rankin, DVZ and Basher, and are now onto Copland and beyond. Invite DVZ, Basher and Copland to unveil the new boards prior to a home game where fans could come along to get photos and get autographs. Put one new board in the West Stand, one in the South Stand and do it about 2.30pm before a game...then the players could move into the Main Stand and enjoy the game from the director's box, before popping into corporate at H/T for a snack then act as the post-match ambassadors handing out the raffle prizes.

Failing that, spend the 8k on the holidaymakers shower block and changing rooms.

Edited by pozbaird

Put it towards BnW Army 8 asides kitty for nights out :ph34r:.

Agree that £8K isn't alot of money though and we should be saving it up for a bit to use for something more substantial but since this will be the first quarter since the takeover it would be good to use it for something just now just to demonstrate the advantages of having this seperate pot of money.

Ralston needs a new astro pitch. Put it away save it till its enough to get the old one replaced. I'm sure Brian Hamilton will do the club a good deal.

This should be up to the club IMO, they would/should have been taking depreciation on it as the years went by, again just my opinion but we should not be using these funds to 'bail out' the club.

Ralston needs a new astro pitch. Put it away save it till its enough to get the old one replaced. I'm sure Brian Hamilton will do the club a good deal.

Are they not injury prone going by what some players say ? If we played in artificial football pitches all the time I would agree. The ball runs faster on these pitches , bounces different from grass. Then we play shit on grass giving the players an excuse why their passing is not good ! ! !

6 hours ago, div said:

So SMiSA will soon be polling to ask the members how they would like to see the first trache of "extra money" spent.

They are forecasting to have £8K available and of course the club will be providing details of what they think they are needing but let's hear your own suggestions on how you think the money could be invested.

At the end of the day personally I would like to see the first bit of money spent on something tangible that the fans can see and benefit from but I've no idea what that might be.

A contribution towards the disabled fans platform for example?

I would have no argument with the idea suggested here.

What are the plans for the Disabled Platform? Dont know if this has been mentioned but surely we could get a scaffold type structure flung up in the corner between the family stand and west with a box on top of it ( Basically the exact same as what Sky / Bt put in the corner when showing live games) 

What are the plans for the Disabled Platform? Dont know if this has been mentioned but surely we could get a scaffold type structure flung up in the corner between the family stand and west with a box on top of it ( Basically the exact same as what Sky / Bt put in the corner when showing live games) 

Renfrewshire Council already have plans for a platform, but want too many guarantees.

Spend it on advertising and promoting the facilities at the club for hire e.g. car park, dome, hospitality lounge and supporters bar for conference/meeting type events then measure the revenue generated by the advertising/promoting to see if it's worthwhile.maintaining this on an on-going basis.

5 hours ago, civilsaint said:

A hover pitch. Obviously.

They seem a bit keen to spend money, which doesn't bode well.

It was part of the deal that supporters vote on what happens to the money, obviously doesn't mean you have to vote to spend it, you could vote to save it. If you are a SMiSA member you can contact via the website and state your preference and help towards a list being formed.