What would you spend £8K on?

div

12 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

what guarantees ?

Mainly building control regulations being adopted (as should be expected) I believe they rejected the plans for an all steel structure and want the base to be built of bricks or blocks. Before anyone says it - I know the grey blocks used for the interior of the stadium are awful looking.

5 hours ago, saint in exile said:

How about hiring a hit man to 'take care' of Dicko? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Surely I'm a higher value target than than :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Suggestion said:

What are the plans for the Disabled Platform? Dont know if this has been mentioned but surely we could get a scaffold type structure flung up in the corner between the family stand and west with a box on top of it ( Basically the exact same as what Sky / Bt put in the corner when showing live games) 

No, no.

NOT a scaffold.  No. No, that could all go wrong.

dunno why. :rolleyes:

a feeling in my watter....

not a scaffold.

a guillotine, perchance?

Picked up another interesting thought amongst rhe ideas given for the £8k. If the Smisa members vote to give the cash to the club to spend on disabled platform, youth etc... Should Smisa not be getting the value of the money given to the club in shares???

Yep. I'd say so. For me things like youth development and the disabled platform are items that should be bought and paid for by the club. The club has a £multi-million turnover so why should fans stump up extra to pay for the basics.

It is a disgrace that wheelchair users haven't been given access to decent facilities. In a modern build stadium that kind of lack of thought for a section of its fan base is unforgivable but that is a football business oversight, not something that should be covered by an independent supporters association.

I'd rather see the SMiSA cash used to strengthen the groups position for when they do get overall control at the club. Forging closer links with the local community, running events for the fan Base and improving the general feeling around the club that supporting it is really something special.

I'm not precious about my football tournament suggestion. There's probably many better ways of doing the same thing. But the idea was to put on an event where the initial costs could be recovered and profit generated whilst also establishing better communication links with local clubs and giving the youth coaches the opportunity to scout local talent. The profit from the event could then be either ring-fenced for SMiSA or better still donated back to the community by giving the cash to some of the worthy local charities or, if JD Sports or any other supplier the club uses were amenable, perhaps in supplying kit back to the clubs that took part.

If the money is simply going to be spent on items the club should be paying for then it should be in return for shares or on a loan basis as the dome was.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

If the money is simply going to be spent on items the club should be paying for then it should be in return for shares or on a loan basis as the dome was.

The club does not have any shares. The shareholders own the shares.

SMISA spending money on the club is only preserving their own asset

22 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Mainly building control regulations being adopted (as should be expected) I believe they rejected the plans for an all steel structure and want the base to be built of bricks or blocks. Before anyone says it - I know the grey blocks used for the interior of the stadium are awful looking.

Who the fcuk designed an all metal one,  I wouldn't like to be in a wheel chair on that ,I hope the club are not scrimping on something as important as this

Edited by Eaglesham saint

18 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Who the fcuk designed an all metal one,  I wouldn't like to be in a wheel chair on that ,I hope the club are not scrimping on something as important as this

That was the proposed plan from last season which was knocked back by building control, the club is in new hands now, and going by how Gordon Scott speaks about the stadium he will not scrimp on anything and wants everything to look good and work properly.

On 01/09/2016 at 3:30 PM, pozbaird said:

HoF boards. That'll cost a few hundred quid, but we're now past the three-and-a-half year ago induction of Rankin, DVZ and Basher, and are now onto Copland and beyond. Invite DVZ, Basher and Copland to unveil the new boards prior to a home game where fans could come along to get photos and get autographs. Put one new board in the West Stand, one in the South Stand and do it about 2.30pm before a game...then the players could move into the Main Stand and enjoy the game from the director's box, before popping into corporate at H/T for a snack then act as the post-match ambassadors handing out the raffle prizes.

Failing that, spend the 8k on the holidaymakers shower block and changing rooms.

Not only erect the three that have been gathering dust for years but let's have some more and BIG ones at that! These could be located on the outside walls of the stadium - Thommo scoring the 3rd in 13; Aber in 87 and one featuring the 59 team and the 26 team. Let passers by see our glorious heritage and make the stadium look more attractive.

47 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

That was the proposed plan from last season which was knocked back by building control, the club is in new hands now, and going by how Gordon Scott speaks about the stadium he will not scrimp on anything and wants everything to look good and work properly.

That is EXACTLY what I want to hear. 

When it comes to property, either do it right or don't do it at all. And if you can't afford to maintain it, don't build it in the first place. 

This should be up to the club IMO, they would/should have been taking depreciation on it as the years went by, again just my opinion but we should not be using these funds to 'bail out' the club.

Except they dont a comment the auditor has made several times. 3g needing replaced and undersoil heating u.s all should be coming from treating depreciation properly except it us not currently hopefully new board will take a better approach

3 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Steel structure had non slip chequered plate which was indeed cheaper to construct than the concrete platform.Both structures would have been fit for purpose.

4 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Ian, did the planners give a reason for their objection to a steel structure and are you able to share it.

As you know my engineering background I'm puzzled why they would refuse planning permission.

Usual red tape.Regulations are so tight and its opened my eyes how difficult it is to get planning approved.Hopefully not too long now.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:01 PM, buddiecat said:

How much time do you spend looking at the interior of the stadium.

I personally think it looks cool and its easier to maintain.  

39 minutes ago, Cairters_Corner said:

Cheers. Makes sense to have it in this area of the main stand. Great news! How many supporters will this area hold?

It will be  10 wheel chair users and 10 carers.We are still looking at portable shelters which can be used by fans who do not wish to be in the main stand.Anyone with suggestions to fund these are welcome.They would cost around £2500.

4 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

It will be  10 wheel chair users and 10 carers.We are still looking at portable shelters which can be used by fans who do not wish to be in the main stand.Anyone with suggestions to fund these are welcome.They would cost around £2500.

Excellent. Crowdfunding could be an option, local businesses to sponsor each shelter- excellent PR for them or could be funded by the SMISA funds. Guessing the shelters would be put in the corners?