Perfidious Albion

St.Ricky

I will be a the Albion Rovers v St Mirren match. Low price admission to the stadium is an added attraction.

I hope it will not be treacherous territory for the Buddies and that we move into the next round.

Easy?- no. Do-able? Yes.

Perfidious

adjective
deliberately faithless; treacherous; deceitful:
a perfidious lover.

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I will be a the Albion Rovers v St Mirren match. Low price admission to the stadium is an added attraction.

I hope it will not be treacherous territory for the Buddies and that we move into the next round.

Easy?- no. Do-able? Yes.

Perfidious

adjective

deliberately faithless; treacherous; deceitful:
a perfidious lover.

Why did you feel the need to add the definition of perfidious?

Do you think people are idiots by default?

22 minutes ago, Drew said:

I can only imagine that going along to this game would be akin to being in a joyless marriage.  A sense of strained obligation and hopelessness, with absolutely no pleasure or fulfillment whatsoever.

No thanks.

I dont know why but the second I read this post I immediately glanced to my right and observed the semi naked snoring form of my other half.

I want to know how many others admit to doing the same.. :lol:

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

If you weren't a wee veggie weirdo I would say the pies are worth the visit alone! ;)

Although Drew and I went to the same school and had a crush on the same girl there, I have never met him.

I have never met a veggie with good skin and a toilet which you can breathe in without immediately suffering from involuntary boaking spasms and streaming eyes. Is Drew one of these or is he a welcome outlier?

I don't care about this game, and the natural question about if I don't care why am I posting here is a fair one.

The fact I don't care is almost answer enough. I don't proclaim to be any kind of superfan; i know of several Saints fans who have went to far more games than me over the last 5 years. However, I don't miss many games a season and any I do miss I tend to follow on either social media and/or radio or TV.

I will be missing this and I won't be following it on any of those platforms. I won't even go out my way to check the score after full time, although I doubt I will be able to avoid it.

Never felt this apathy before a senior Saints fixture before - friendly or otherwise - and I hope I don't again. What a mess the authorities have made of this competition.

Although Drew and I went to the same school and had a crush on the same girl there, I have never met him.

I have never met a veggie with good skin and a toilet which you can breathe in without immediately suffering from involuntary boaking spasms and streaming eyes. Is Drew one of these or is he a welcome outlier?

I'd prefer him to Sturgeon in charge of our precious country. As a veggie, his constitution would be solid!

Never been close enough to check on the halitosis and he cannae handle his drink... But that aside he is bloody good company and hillarious when chilled.

Moral... Stop winding him up, ignore the odour potential, andyou might even have a new buddie there! ;)

Questioning my sanity, again. I'm off work, there's no clash with a toon game, a new ground/shack to visit so i'm going. Although i'm sure i read they intend to move. I hate these international weekends. Don't really want anything to do with this competition because of all this 'colts' s**te, but it is a rare chance to get to a saints game.

You have never met me than Oaksoft. Been a veggie for 30 years and fitter and healthier than guys 20 years younger than me. And I still look about 25 :)

12 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'd prefer him to Sturgeon in charge of our precious country. As a veggie, his constitution would be solid!

Never been close enough to check on the halitosis and he cannae handle his drink... But that aside he is bloody good company and hillarious when chilled.

Moral... Stop winding him up, ignore the odour potential, andyou might even have a new buddie there! ;)

:shockaroony Blimey. It really is heartening to see men talk about each other like this I suppose. We have certainly moved on from the knuckledragging 70s.

I have to say though that if I have to change my attitude to win over the approval or friendship from anyone then its not going to be a good fit. I dont bend for people like that and crucially I dont ask or demand it from them. Warts and all bud. Warts and all.

Edited by oaksoft

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm also a veggie , and I reckon the smell of a dead carcass being deposited in my armitage shanks is infinitely worse than sweet smelling fruit , veg , salad and pulses .

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Have you shat yourself ? ( only joking ) .

I cant live without my meat. Rotting carcass or otherwise.

Its hard to imagine a hard day at work, then phoning my wife and she says " its your favourite dinner tonight......cheesy parsnip bake" and me feeling excited about coming home.

All this talk of salad and pulses makes me long for the meatfest at the local chinese eat all you can buffet. Pork, chicken, beef, lamb......slurp!

Presumably being a veggie does mean you will be less portly than the normal Scottish man? The horror of giving up the chops and still being unable to see my feet would literally drive me to tears.