Perfidious Albion

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, shull said:

Green Vermin Colts got a bigger write up in the Media today than most of the other ties combined. 

The Tournament is a farce and we shouldn't turn up today, Team and Fans. 

Bad crack, you should never discourage people from following the Buddies. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Park Mains was indeed a shite school.

The school was only about 7 years old when I started.

I remember day one and thought it was brilliant.

Quite liked the school. As with everything in life, the addition of people in the form of pupils made it intolerable at times but the school itself and the learning experience there was very good IMO - Maths, Chemistry and Physics in particular were very well taught.

Sad in a way to see it demolished and replaced by a new building slap bang in the middle of the old blaze football pitches I used to play on but times move on.

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Quite liked the school. As with everything in life, the addition of people in the form of pupils made it intolerable at times but the school itself and the learning experience there was very good IMO - Maths, Chemistry and Physics in particular were very well taught.

Sad in a way to see it demolished and replaced by a new building slap bang in the middle of the old blaze football pitches I used to play on but times move on.

It was well  passed it sell buy date.

10 minutes ago, pod said:

My oldest boy graduated from Glasgow Uni. the other is at Strathclyde Uni.  Both went to Park Mains. :P 

I wasn't specifically referring to educational attainment.

My enduring memory was the (then)  heidy, Mr Smart, calling me "an arrogant and conceited young man".

I took it as a compliment, coming from him.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

For some inexplicable reason, I took physics 'O' Grade. I vividly recall the reptilian wee scrote who taught me, telling me that I was wasting his and my own time.

Despite my best efforts not to disappoint him, I achieved a creditable B grade, and thoroughly enjoyed the GIRFUY value (but, then, I was an arrogant and conceited young man).

38 minutes ago, Drew said:

For some inexplicable reason, I took physics 'O' Grade. I vividly recall the reptilian wee scrote who taught me, telling me that I was wasting his and my own time.

Despite my best efforts not to disappoint him, I achieved a creditable B grade, and thoroughly enjoyed the GIRFUY value (but, then, I was an arrogant and conceited young man).

We are becoming more like Plastic Whistle every week with more and more media tarts following the Buds. You just got a mention on Off The Ball Drew :)

2 hours ago, Kendo said:

This is exactly the game we need right now to try and sort out the horrendous start to the season and give other players game time to get up to match fitness. 

Totally agree.

I enjoyed the League Cup and was hopeful of a decent start to the league campaign - obviously, however, things have not went well.

A decent win may steady the ship and allow the players to get some confidence back as well as a some sort of rhythm in the team play.

Hopefully the strikers can get some goals (have heard that Shankland isn't playing - which is a bit disappointing).

A wee visit from one of the visiting NI or Welsh teams in the next round would be an interesting distraction.