Perfidious Albion

St.Ricky

User Actions
  Follow
EQTSuxDf_bigger.jpgPuff Tarts@PuffTarts

Also, always nice to see an employee/representative of the club pounding touchline & hurling abuse at players/officials

Seems somebody was having a go at the Rovers Dude who was going up the Tunnel after his red card today

14 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Remember that Rae wouldn't start him second half of last season even when he was fit. Then he was forced to bring him on in our last game against Morton, which saw Goodwin drive the youngsters forward again and again till we won it.

stunning mistake to let him go in this league, no doubt we will be up against him next season if either us or Alloa avoid a play-off!   

Erm, we were winning it when Goodwin came on...................

12 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Poor defending today cost the 3 goals. What Langfield was doing for the first two I have no idea. But we got back into the game with 2 great goal then a good header from Sutton. Great to see Rocco back. And Andy McDonald come on. Another academy graduate. But I find it ironic that we tried to a passing game on one of the worse grass pitches I've ever seen. But on our own pitch the ball is constantly in air. Strange. But a win is a win. Need to cut out the defensive mistakes.

We really only passed it across the back or in front of a packed Albion defence until we either gave up and "shelled it" or gave the ball away.

On 03/09/2016 at 0:00 PM, oaksoft said:

The school was only about 7 years old when I started.

I remember day one and thought it was brilliant.

Quite liked the school. As with everything in life, the addition of people in the form of pupils made it intolerable at times but the school itself and the learning experience there was very good IMO - Maths, Chemistry and Physics in particular were very well taught.

Sad in a way to see it demolished and replaced by a new building slap bang in the middle of the old blaze football pitches I used to play on but times move on.

Did you have Mr Glen? He was a good teacher although he also had an incredible temper on him. Thankfully (from the temper point of view) I never had him for classes, just an after-school thing my parents forced me to go to after I fecked up my homework once too often.

Did the new school finally see the "temporary" huts demolished after about 30 years?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Did you have Mr Glen? He was a good teacher although he also had an incredible temper on him. Thankfully (from the temper point of view) I never had him for classes, just an after-school thing my parents forced me to go to after I fecked up my homework once too often.

Did the new school finally see the "temporary" huts demolished after about 30 years?

Nothing of the old school exists with the exception of a few of the teachers. 

On 3 September 2016 at 1:13 PM, Drew said:

For some inexplicable reason, I took physics 'O' Grade. I vividly recall the reptilian wee scrote who taught me, telling me that I was wasting his and my own time.

Despite my best efforts not to disappoint him, I achieved a creditable B grade, and thoroughly enjoyed the GIRFUY value (but, then, I was an arrogant and conceited young man).

That has to have been the famous Mr Glen.

5 hours ago, Stu said:

I had Mr Glen for O grade and Higher Physics. I liked the hard man thing. I remember Alexander for Chemistry who let us smell alkanes etc , Mr McKendrick for Biology and Mr Miller for Maths who was head of the Campaign for Real Ale for a while. I also had Miss or Mrs Somerville for English and had a major crush on the French teacher but I cant remember her name. Seem to remember she was partly oriental but my memory may be fading.

I actually dont remember the temporary huts at all but I left in 1986 so it may have been afte my time.

8 hours ago, Kendo said:

We were 2-1 up when Jim came on we went on to win 3-1

Goodwin was a leader on the park no one can take that away from him and we miss him playing that role. But we'll done to alloa great signing and it has made a big difference to them. At mirren are for awful just now would rather go watch erskine under 19s great effort in that team

39 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Goodwin was a leader on the park no one can take that away from him and we miss him playing that role. But we'll done to alloa great signing and it has made a big difference to them. At mirren are for awful just now would rather go watch erskine under 19s great effort in that team

Jim Goodwin was a liability .