Perfidious Albion

St.Ricky

Went to the airshow, good day despite the weather. Saints got through in a diddy cup round where several teams from our division lost and we scored 4 coming from 2 down. Off to a BBQ tonight which celebrates my sons pipe band winning the Novice Juvenile division at the world championships. I thought it had been a decent day until I peeped in here. FFS guys get a life in was the Bells,IrnBru sherry decanter and we got through. Go to your fridge / local and have a beer then chill.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Went to the airshow, good day despite the weather. Saints got through in a diddy cup round where several teams from our division lost and we scored 4 coming from 2 down. Off to a BBQ tonight which celebrates my sons pipe band winning the Novice Juvenile division at the world championships. I thought it had been a decent day until I peeped in here. FFS guys get a life in was the Bells,IrnBru sherry decanter and we got through. Go to your fridge / local and have a beer then chill.

Jack Daniels for me. We should be hammering Albion Rovers, with a decent manager we wouldn't have shipped 3 goals. I've watched us in the league and we are dire to watch and in danger of going down unless there are big changes.

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Well I am just about to go out for a meal with the wife, sister, and brother in law, so will take your advice and have a few :cheers.  Oh and how pleasing is the Celtic U20 score :lol:

I quite enjoyed it today. Langfield basically gave them 2 goals of a start but we came back to win.

Alex Rae tried Jordan Stewart at left back and put Irvine at right back. He swapped Jordan for the lad MacDonald at half time he done okay but is not ready yet.

Mackenzie looks like he needs games. Gave away a lot of free kicks. However he's a big lad and I think he'll do well when he gets up to match speed. He lasted the full 120 minutes.

Rocco came on and did okay. He must got between 50 - 60 minutes on the park.

Langfield was applauded off at the end and held his hands up apologising for his howlers.

With Rocco and Mackenzie coming on hopefully there's some light and the end of the tunnel.

I quite enjoyed it today. Langfield basically gave them 2 goals of a start but we came back to win.

Alex Rae tried Jordan Stewart at left back and put Irvine at right back. He swapped Jordan for the lad MacDonald at half time he done okay but is not ready yet.

Mackenzie looks like he needs games. Gave away a lot of free kicks. However he's a big lad and I think he'll do well when he gets up to match speed. He lasted the full 120 minutes.

Rocco came on and did okay. He must got between 50 - 60 minutes on the park.

Langfield was applauded off at the end and held his hands up apologising for his howlers.

With Rocco and Mackenzie coming on hopefully there's some light and the end of the tunnel.

Clutching at straws kendo mate?

Rae is under pressure and he knows it, next week is a very big game for him.

Ok not great. 

Langfield at fault for first two goals and possibly the third. Webster, Irvine, Hutton, Clarkson. that should be the spine of the team and be the platform for the rest of the team. They were our poorest performers and biggest wage earners. Something clearly wrong.

The younger boys were a bit hit and miss, but Morgan, Mallan, McDonald and Shankland all had moments of class, Walsh also just about got pass mark,

McKenzie looks like he could do a job and Quin made a difference when he came on.

ETA great pie and credit to AR for their effort 

Edited by insaintee

Poor defending today cost the 3 goals. What Langfield was doing for the first two I have no idea. But we got back into the game with 2 great goal then a good header from Sutton. Great to see Rocco back. And Andy McDonald come on. Another academy graduate. But I find it ironic that we tried to a passing game on one of the worse grass pitches I've ever seen. But on our own pitch the ball is constantly in air. Strange. But a win is a win. Need to cut out the defensive mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Did we try to pass it today or was it the usual lump up the park?

We were playing a passing game, however we lacked any penetration particularly in the second half. 

The passes were going sideways and backwards mostly.

I enjoyed my visit to Coatbridge. Albion 's number 4 had a great game and they must be gutted after going two up to be out of the cup  OK,  we lost two soft goals but there was nail biting throughput until the final whistle. Liked the young lad Mcdonald when he came on. Going through is what matters and a game with 7 goals in can't have been all bad.